Thread: Good game?

Default Good game?

When this game first came out, I thought this was the absolute STUPIDEST game that ever hit the selves... even after it got so many good reviews, I thought "You are fricking bringing Disney Characters into an RPG... what dumbass came up with this idea?"

And then it dawned on me, no, theres HAS to be more to this game than that. So everyday, I've been edging to get this game.

This is what I ask of you: Is this game REALLY that good of a game or what? Is it going to mostly appeal to the younger gamers than the older gamers, cause if so, I dont want to waste my time on this game.

Is it as good as it seems? Im VERY known to judge a book by its cover, but this game really seems good.

Yay or nay?

when i first saw the commercial, i also thought that too, but then my friend said it was an actually pretty good game (and he was a hradcore gamer, buying all the hardcore games) so when i bought the game i enjoyed it immedietly...i continued playing it for days straight....hurry and get it before it comes off the shelves

Fate has brought them together...Destiny's about to take them apart

|K|I|N|G|D|O|M| |H|E|A|R|T|S| |2|
    My Anti-Drug

Articles
    Blog Entries

i know people who dont like it and there are people that do. it's a great game if you're into that sorta thing. but it is a really good game if you take the time to appreciate it.

Peace out and :rock:
    EE

Here is MY story to convince you:
    When I was in 8th grade (I'm in 10th now), I was dating this junior (yes, I know, don't ask...), and we went to his friend's house. I saw that his friend (Mike) had a poster up. WITH DISNEY characters on it. I was revolted. I thought, "How immature! A game with Disney characters?". So, I asked him about it, and he stood behind it fully, trying to convince me, but to no prevail.
    Nearly two years later, this last summer, a friend in the grade below me wanted me to play it. I simply refused. I KNEW I wouldn't like it. But, just to make him shut up, I brought it home, and popped it in my PS2. ...
    ...I then fell in love with the game. It was one of those things that just make you feel ..I dunno, at home. Something clicked. I loved it. The characters. The story. The depth...THE DEPTH! With Disney characters! It's a dark story. It shows darkness for what it really is. Darkness and light. It's got gorgeous graphics, wonderful music, and is all consuming. Get it. Love it.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

|M|U|S|I|C|
    My Anti-Drug

Unfortunately, it's people who judge on appearance that stop us from becoming ultra-intelligent, hypergalactic pandimensional beings.

I admit, I am and always will be a Disney purist. That is the tie to the childish side of my heart. This game, however, I think is very cool and way deeper than a lot of other 'mature' games (eg GTA, Halo, etc). I always look for the SE games, as they are unconditionally classics. I saw KH, and instantly liked the idea. It appealed to both sides of my consious.

I am 14, and grew up with Disney. Heck, I still watch Aladdin on the odd rainy day. If some "casual gamar" (admit it, Sony really screwed up the gaming world with that "concept") rips me off for it, it shows that they are both:

a/Feeling unstable in the social order and peer pressure sensitive;
    b/Disconnecting themselves from the other side from their heart.

If you are able to be hurt by those types of comments, you are also guilty of b.

A lot of my friends have it (about 7), and they all think it's cool too. And guess what, they're all 14/15 TOO!!

Anyways, the music and graphics are almost a reason to buy alone, if not for the brilliant story and immortalisation of your favourite Disney worlds.

You may have noticed my references to 'heart'. KH really opened my eyes to spiritual ideals. It is unfathomably deep, and shows the progress of (some) gaming ideas these days.

If you will excuse me, I have an appointment for a long dark teatime with my heart.

I never doubted Square.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    I never doubted Square.
    Have you never heard of FFIX? (hides from FFIX fans. Sorry, I just hated that one)

I was skeptical. I agree that Square can be trusted usually. But Disney..? Still, this game is one of the best Action RPGs out there, bar none. Look into the "God, I hate this game" thread for my full rundown on it.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 04-29-2005 at 03:23 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

There may've been points when I was disappointed in Square for some reason or another, but I have more faith in them than I do anybody else.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.