Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ending - Some Questions (spoilers)

listen in cosmo canyon against the GI, it says there, evil souls are prevented from returning the lifestream. scream and stamp all you want, its int he game.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

That's talking about the non-human Gi. All human souls return to the Lifestream. As does every other living thing, according to Bugenhagen.

Are you sure the Gi weren't real people? I just played through Cosmo Canyon today. He says that the Gi tribe is one of the exceptions of beings that did not return to the Lifestream, so they're spirits hanging around in the Gi cave since they died in a certain battle.

I just recently came up with the theory that the stars from the beginning of the game and the end of the game is inside the Lifestream. The green stuff that you come out of when you meet Aeris at the beginning of the game looks like Lifestream. Oh, did anyone notice the Goblins Bar in the opening movie? I had to watch it like 18 times before I noticed it.

Also, are we even sure that it's Sephiroth? I mean, some people here in the forums keep saying he's Jenova, and I believe it. I'm playing through this game one more time to see if I get it exactly how this worked.

I think it goes something like this:

2000 years ago, Ancients were all over the place. All of a sudden, a weapon from Space lands on the Planet, called Jenova, and wreaks havoc. The only survivors are the people who hid, and a few Ancients. I guess Jenova was sealed some place until Shinra found it so Gast and Hojo could start researching it and doing experiments with it. While Lucrecia is pregnant with Sephiroth, Hojo injects Jenovan cells into her womb. Now you have a super-being. Then, Hojo starts trying to clone Sephiroth and uses Cloud and Zack. Sephiroth goes to Nibelheim with Cloud and Zack, goes insane, Cloud kills him ... I think. Shinra ships Jenova from Nibelheim to Midgar. It gets up one day and kills the President, emulating Sephiroth ... I think. The rest is history.

Wait, some of you are thinking the Planet might not have survived? Of course it did! Aeris directed the Lifestream in some obscure fashion so that Nanaki could have a planet to run on in the 500 years later bit. The Lifestream saved the Planet. It cured the Planet like it's supposed to do. If the party didn't kill Sephiroth, the Lifestream would come anyway, but no Holy, and Sephiroth would say to the Lifestream "Cooooooome to Papa!" Why he was in the Crater and not near Midgar where the wound was, I have no idea.

Usually, when someone dies, their soul hangs out in the Lifestream for an undefined period of time, then enters a newborn. Bugenhagan doesn't say "You have to go back into a human." Well, let's hope that either Jenova/Sephiroth doesn't count, or he entered a Sandworm. If it wasn't for AC, it would be very emotional listening to the Prelude while you are experiencing the party's death; they can't come back b/c no more humans. I think that's what's it's like in the very last sequence of the game to be in the Lifestream forever.

I hope AC does something neat like this: Cloud and Tifa die, and their spirit energy merges, so when they reincarnate, they reincarnate into the same person! Awww!

Hello.
    This is my first post so it wont make any sense (all my first posts don't make any sense :P )

Anyway, I think the ending of Final Fantasy VII was excellent and the proof is this thread, It opens all doors of imaginations and none can agree to one ending, You keep speculating what happened to each person of the party, and You'd find yourself reaching dead ends anyway lol.

And now everybody's going to buy Advent Children to find out what really happened in the end.

That's like saying, Square! You win! lol

Ok back to the topic, Sephiroth DID die but his spirit is still around, because I think by reviving we mean calling back the spirit right ? in the 4 minute trailer of Final Fantasy Advent Children, Vincent tells Cloud that Jenova can revive Sephiroth, and I heared a rumour about some leaked trailer that shows another scene of Sephiroth that is different from the Niblheim (Sorry forgot how to spell that).

and to those who say that he retreated to the lifestream, the final fight where Cloud uses his omnislash actually happened in the lifestream, and that's that, He's dead, Reviving someone means that he was DEAD and someone REVIVED him, I guess :P

About Nanaki, I've been thinking of the same thing, Who's thier mother?! lol.

You know what else we didn't know and we're going to know in the movie ? what actually happened to the additional characters like Yuffie and Vincent! which weren't put on FMV at all!

so if we go back to the first page and look at the two choices, I'd pick the watch Advent Children and hush choice :P lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedTheGreat
    About Nanaki, I've been thinking of the same thing, Who's thier mother?! lol.
    Yeah, I tripped and fell into that plothole. It was one of the many plotholes in the story. Nanaki was supposed to be the last in his race, yet he reproduced. Square's going to have a hell of time trying to clear that up.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedTheGreat
    You know what else we didn't know and we're going to know in the movie ? what actually happened to the additional characters like Yuffie and Vincent! which weren't put on FMV at all!
    Yeah, that sucked. It made me wish they weren't additional characters. They shouldn't have been in my opinion. I mean, everyone knows about them, and I doubt anyone here passes up the chance to obtain any of them.

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

For those in favor of the "evil souls don't return to the Lifestream" theory: keep in mind this opens all sorts of doors about how to define "good" and "evil". Since that would make this thread even more complicated, I'll not even try to define good and evil and just say this regarding the theory:

Sephiroth was insane. Generally, crazy people aren't trying to be evil. They're just doing what seems right for them. Seph wanted to reunite with Jenova and take back the planet from the "encroachers". I don't think he was looking in the mirror going "Damn, I'm evil." He was just taking care of business as best as he knew how. (Which, unfortunately, meant doing destructive things.)

As for Red XIII's kids? Best I can figure is that he swiped a couple of Jenova cells or something, took some of his own DNA, and cloned himself (except making it female, obviously), so that he could breed. Jenova wouldn't even be necessary, but he might've thrown it in there to make his offspring stronger in whatever was left of the Planet after the whole Meteor VS Holy/Lifestream thing. (I assume he would've told his kids the truth from the get-go to prevent them having a meltdown and going psycho like Seph.)
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

Oh your doubts are not that good, first time I beat the game was without Yuffie, second time was without Vincent, then the rest was with everyone lol.

But I'm surprised why they didn't have many FMVs? I mean they could've made it a four CDs game and has FMVs WITH Vincent and Yuffie, and FMVs withOUT them.

That would've made sense, and now as you can see, if some newbie played the game, and didn't aqquire those characters, what would he be like when playing Vincent's new game or watching Final Fantasy Advent Children? lol.

Final Fantasy was the greatest game and still is, but it's still a fact that it has many many many plot holes.

Okay, I am just at the first time you go to the Crater.

1) The crater is there b/c that's where Jenova landed.
    2) I can prove to you that when you all are refering to Sephiroth, you really mean Jenova. Cloud realises it immediately following the battle with Jenova*Death when they find an arm with Jenovan cells. You may want to put Tifa in your party just in case, b/c she makes the implication when I had her in my party. "You mean it's not Sephiroth we've been following all this time?"

Part of the reason this game is so great is b/c the story is so elusive, and they probably make you feel suspense a bit too much. "I'll explain later [about us not chasing after Sephiroth.]" Next, Cloud says that the real Sephiroth is further down the dungeon. Yep, that's where the real Sephiroth ended up when Cloud threw him into the reactor.

But yanno, he looks like he does when you fight him in the final battle. Do you REALLY fight and defeat Jenova when you fight her first? Is that the real Sephiroth when you beat him in the final battle?

EDIT: Whoops. You do not need Tifa in your party for Jenova*Death to see her make the implication I mentioned above. All 6/8 available playable characters appear on screen during this dialogue.
    Last edited by Weimar Pluto Knight VII; 12-23-2004 at 07:03 PM.

Makes sense.. but STILL! lol
    Jenova may not be dead, because in Advent Children they're actually looking for her "Quote: Where's our mother!", and Sephiroth IS dead, because they're trying to actually revive him in the movie, and also, I do believe that Sephiroth ended up in there when Cloud threw him into the reactor.

I kept playing, and Hojo explains a lot.

That's the real Sephiroth in there, and he's not just a corpse. He didn't want to go into the Lifestream / didn't go in the Lifestream, so his spirit is still in the corpse, and that's what calls clones, and what is communicating with Cloud to give him the Black Materia.

Jenova can definitely emulate other people, like Sephiroth. At one point, she emulates Tifa to trick whoever you gave the Black Materia to into bringing the Black Materia to Sephiroth's corpse, which is where his spirit is.

I think that area where his corpse is (where you appear near Rufus and Hojo, and where the weapons come out of) is where the final battle takes place. How Sephiroth can fight as a corpse, I have no idea. He was one of the toughest corpses I've ever fought!

ok here's the scoop from my point of view. Ok here it gose...
    Sephiroth in Cloud's comma it turned out he was thrown into a mako stream. thus freezeing himself solid. Cloud thought that Sephiroth was still alive because of the experiments conducted on him. He had some of Zack's memories, then he finds out Sephiroth is indeed dead but like lucrecia, and the GI he was able to by his will refrain from returning to the life stream. So Cloud pretty much had to fight sephiroth's corpse (will, etc.) to destroy him and return him to the life stream. That's why sephiroth desintigrated. At least i think. i know i left out some important detail. so whatever.

I suggest emailing this whole thread to square :P

I was sad at the end. Mixed emotions...Not because it was incomplete, but because it was the end of such a great game. Even though I thought, there wouldn't be a sequal, I was happy in some sense. Because I knew that life would go on...As we see 500 years later.

But now that advent children is on it's way, I'm really curious to see how all of this ties into the game.
    Nah, Aerith doesn't need to come back to life. Cloud just needs to die.
    What those evil Cleris are really thinking...

:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/blue_tifa/Faith%20Support/cloti_kiss.png[/img]--> CloTi luv, bitches.

EDIT BY BoB: The image in your sig was too large in file-size, please adjust it!

I'd like to add one comment: about the GI, Lucrecia, and sephy not going to the lifestream....

Have you ever thought that the lifesream and its theories are Just like the farplane like in FFX? I mean maybe if they have such a strong bond to the world as in hatred, love, or desire, They will still linger in the real world but kinda sorta turn into monsters (like The GI in FF7 and Seymour in FFX) (and yes, I know, auron didnt transform, but he DID age, maybe he chose to age instead of transforming so noone would get suspicious)

And ALSO, for Lucrecia and sephy, theres another possibillity: Do you remember going to see her in the cave? She says herself she wanted to die but the Jenova cells wouldnt let her, so theres another possibillity for those two as well.