Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The War of the Magi

Default The War of the Magi

Can somone please post as much information as possible about the War of the Magi? I'd greatly appreciate it if you could go into as much detail as possible, and as much information as you can. Thanks!

The Demon of Elements

It was a war between Espers and humans that occured 1000 years ago. After the war's end, the Espers sealed themselves off from the Human world hoping to prevent another war.

Needless to say they failed when (SPOILER) Kefka starts stealing Esper magic

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The war started because humans began to crave the power of the Espers. Some Espers, like Odin, fought on the side of the humans, most fought against the humans.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The villagers of Thamassa are (SPOILER) descendants of the humans who used the powers drained from Espers and fought against them.

The War was precipitated by a (SPOILER) conflict between the three goddesses. Some humans got caught in the cross fire and were turned into Espers.

There's not much to add because the details about the War are very sketchy.

However here are some reasonable assumptions:

1) Many of the present Espers were most likely alive 1000 years ago (they may age differently). It's doubtful that humans alive at the the time would still be in the present.

2) The 8 dragons, Phunbaba, and Doomgaze were involved and got sealed sometime during the War.

3) Some of current cities in FFVI may have existed 1000 years ago. Tzen is a good candidate.

Excellent. Any more additional information that can be contributed is also greatly appreciated. Also, were there other espers that fought along side humans? What were Odin's reasons for fighting on that side? I understand if these questions can't be answered, of course..Also, is there more detail about the goddess' conflict? Thanks.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm pretty sure the Atma Weapon and the Atma Weapon sword both date from the War.

I started a thread like this a year ago when I was working on a fanfiction covering the War. Most of what we came up with beyond this was speculation.

Odin had fallen in love with the queen of the castle (the one that you get Odin/Raiden in). There is a breif expanation given by Locke if he's in your party when you go there.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It's not said whether there were any other Espers on the human's side. I cant remember if Odin was in love with the Queen, but she was in love with him. He may have just felt a duty to that particular castle.

Ok, this is good. Just a few more questions, any of them that cannot be answered I i'll understand. Was there a winner of the war? The espers got sealed in another world or something, right(sorry my details are a little sketchy)? Who sealed that world? The Espers wiped out the technology and magic from the humans? I have more questions but none I can think of at the moment.. Thanks!

I'm really interested in the War of the Magi, and I think that if there was a direct game sequel that was linked to Final Fantasy VI, I would really like a prequel, which dealt with the war. This could give a really good preface to the game and details and such.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Both sides seemed to have heavy losses. The Espers made their own world and fled there. The war no doubt took a heavy toll on technology, probably destroying a lot of it, and a lot of the people with the knowledge, and by the end a lot of the resources had been no doubt used up. The humans never had magic to begin with, only those that stole it from the Espers.

i think an explanataion of the three goddesses would help here. ne1 care to explain?im not far enough...actually i am...but i don't remember about them, lol :rolleyes2
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The three goddesses were the creators of magic. They started to fight amongst themselves, and as BG-57 said, they were responsible for the creation of the Espers. They knew their fighting would end up destroying everything, so in a calm moment they agreed to seal themselves away, and they turned themselves to stone. The statues are hidden in the Esper world.

Thumbs up

Hmm, I wanted to say something when I saw the thread, but you guys are sure on top of it... Good job! Hahaha

The Demon of Elements

Oh yeah, forgot about Odin. :rolleyes2

Thanks, so was there any type of empire that was intact? What there like a name for the humans side, or a kingdom or something.. Wasn't it a certain place that was going against the Espers, or was it the entire world? Like, I mean was it just a single kingdom/empire type group, or was it mostly the entire world that were opposing the espers? When the espers fled to their new world and sealed it up, that was the end of the war, right? And did someone say that the war lasted for 1000 years, or just that it was 1000 years ago?