Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you worry about your health?

Default Do you worry about your health?

I'm not talking just about exercise, eating right, etc. I'm talking about things you can't prevent...like certain diseases you may have.

With so many foreigners coming into the more sanitized western world, "pure" people are less.

I'm not sure if any of you ever bothered to take a blood test or biopsy, but you'd be surprised by what you may have. There are so many different diseases out there that can be contracted and such that it's amazing that there's a few "clean" people left.

I know 99.9% of you reading this are pretty young, so what affects you now worries you little. I'm 21, I always am thinking about the future and how I may die. I don't want to die from cancer or some stupid disease I didn't bother to check. Maybe it's not important how we die, since we'll all die anyways...but a good exit never hurt anyone.

But eh. My final thoughts are that, everyone should go take a blood test now and see what they're infected with. Maybe I'm spooked out about how I'll die, but technology almost always never catches up with disease unless we're still alive 100000 years into the future.

Yay! Now I have one more thing to worry about during the day! WHOOO!!!

Yes, I do take very good care of my health and give a lot of thought on it. For example what I eat, what I drink ( eventhough I drink some alcohol occasionaly).

Also, when I'm fit, physically in good condition, when I swim, when I jog for example before school, I'm mentally much more sharp, don't feel tired at all untill night. It really reflects to other things than just your body and organs...yes yes, many have no clue how good sports and activity can really do for you in so many levels.

'tis very unhealhty indeed to not care about your health.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm actually sitting on my ass in front of my comp eating a bigass bag of skittles with a bottle of Dr Pepper as I'm posting this...so that tells you how much I care about my health.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo Jellybean
    I'm not talking just about exercise, eating right, etc. I'm talking about things you can't prevent...like certain diseases you may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikztsu
    Yes, I do take very good care of my health and give a lot of thought on it. For example what I eat, what I drink ( eventhough I drink some alcohol occasionaly).
    Quote Originally Posted by devilmaykickass
    I'm actually sitting on my ass in front of my comp eating a bigass bag of skittles with a bottle of Dr Pepper as I'm posting this...so that tells you how much I care about my health.
    :fpexdee:

Anyway, I live a fairly sheltered life and people rarely immigrate from other countries to wisconsin.

Meh, my family has no past history of bad diseases or what not and they've all grown to a high age. So I ain't worried much at all.

But if I were to die of a disease or anything, I'd want it to be the Black Plauge...people hear too much of people dying of cancer every day, but if someone died of the black death, they'd remember the name

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not too worried ^.^ I think I'll be all right. And TasteyPies, I'm in WI too What town?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I don't worry about my health at all. I have people that do it for me. They make me exercise 5 days a week and make sure I eat right. Even if I'm not hungry they make me eat 3 meals a day So I'm pretty healthy, but I'll spoil their plans. I probably drink too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo
    Not too worried ^.^ I think I'll be all right. And TasteyPies, I'm in WI too What town?
    I will send you a PM to keep the thread on topic.

Anywho, I am always getting cuts and bruises from random accidents. Getting a blood transferishish disease would realy suck.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

All males will eventually die from prostate cancer if they outlive everything else. All women will eventually die from breast/ovarian cancer if they outlive everything else.

I try to live a healthy lifestyle. I exercise (albeit, not enough I sense), I eat healthy foods, and don't take in harmful things that I have a choice not to take in. I don't think us young-ins should be worried about dying from heart disease, or having a heart attack just yet.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I used to worry NON-STOP about this stuff. It terrified me. But now...since I got to my bullet-proof phase, it doesn't bother me as much. But I still worry a bit.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

I look at it as, if it's gonna happen then it's gonna happen. You can't technically prevent cancer or strokes etc, so there is no point in worrying too much about it. Now my problem is, and it is a problem, is that I smoke and drink (not alot but i have good weekends) and i don't really exercise, which is really bad. But what makes it worse is I can't seem to find the motivation to change my unhealthy ways. I am lazy. I would like to know the "secret" for motivation. I just hope that when i get the motivation, it's not from somthing bad happening.
    It doesn't matter what any of us is looking for,we'll never find it,
    because it's not even there

~hayden~
    Some people are like SLINKIES, they are of no real use, but you can't help but smile when one tumbles down the stairs.

Blog Entries

There's lots of stuuf in my family I will most likely get something bad as well

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I try not to worry, but it does cross my mind. My mom's sister died of cervical cancer, and I would really not like to get that one, so I do go get a pap smear every year (TMI much?). I also go to a dermatologist occasionally because I have a lot of freckles and moles, and skin cancers a nasty thing to get. I check my breasts for lumps, which always freaks me out 'cause I do have lumps, but they're just cysts (which are common; I'm not a freak ). I never try to get tan or bask in the sun, though that also has to do with the fact that I prefer to be pale.

I take vitamins and I take an asprin every day, which they say is good for you. I eat a handful of walnuts with breakfast because they're good for you. I only use extra virgin olive oil when I cook; never the other oils or butter. When I buy things I tend to get low fat, like cottage cheese and milk, the latter of which I rarely drink. I've been eating less and less candy, and less and less red meat. I've been doing more sit ups and stretches and less TV-watching and snacking.

I'm really not too fanatical about being healthy, but it feels really good to do this stuff. I like to go to the farmer's market and get fruits and veggies and wild salmon instead of farm raised. I like to be able to grab my toes and I really like that the more weight I loose the more of my old clothes I get to wear.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Being immortal, I have nothing to fear. And even if I weren't immortal, there's no health problems. My father isn't a human (his own words), and I'm immortal. It's incredible how cool we all are.