Thread: Saw [FILM]

Default Saw [FILM]

Ever since I found out about this movie it's highly sparked my interest, looked to be a brutal gruesome film that doesn't hold back. Last night I finally got to see it, and I must say... I'm slightly dissapointed. I'm not going to say the movie was bad, in fact, it was pretty good, maybe it was just my expectations being so high. Here's the thing, I am obsessed with good characters and good directing and Saw had major flaws in both areas. The movie was well directed I guess, but sometimes the editing was just WAY overused, I was actually embarrassed at some of the editing, the spiraling around a victim insanely for 30 seconds in fast motion just got old really really quick. On top of this, some of the acting was just... Bad... It wasn't exactly horrible, but I expect a lot out of 'easy' movies like this. I mean, it's easy to make a film good if it's got such an insane plot so to really be good, it's going to require that the characters act as if they are really in these horrible positions at all times. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they do, maybe even a majority of the time, but sometimes, unfortunately, they don't and it really hurts the film overall. I still enjoyed watching the movie and I can assure you that EVEN though it may appear so, it doesn't cop out in the end. If you're expecting a sick movie, you'll get it.

I found the editing in the film excellent. It gave me a sense of nausea and confusion at times which helped me to empathise with the victims. I thought it was very well shot as well, particularly the scene where the only light was provided by the flash on the camera.

I totally didn't see the final twist coming but I have to agree with you on one point. Dr. Gordon was a bloody terrible actor!!! I can't imagine all the method acting in the world is gonna help you act (SPOILER)sawing off your own foot but I was disappointed with his woodenness throughout.

This is an excellent film, if you're looking for shocks you will find them. My girlfriend and I went to see it on Sunday afternoon with a relatively small crowd but everyone in the cinema reacted at certain points, more vocally as the movie progressed, it certainly captivated us for its duration and afterwards there was nothing to say except...."that was disturbed." Those faint of heart avoid.

Well now i am very excited to see this film... it comes out in theatres October 29th here.
    The trailer creeps me out
    :rolleyes2

Ju-on is creepier >.>a

To anyone who has seen this film:

You speak of a "twist" at the end, what kind of twist do you mean? An original twist? I'm starting to get sick of these "Alternate ego" twists at the end of movies, how many of them can there be? I am very excited to see this film, hopefully I will today.

Grin

*CONTAINS SPOILERS*

I *FINALLY* saw it! It was great. I was also *slightly* disappointed, but very pleased to see a great ending. I love twists like that. Why I was disappointed was, it wasnt very scary. Personally I love horror movies, they are my favorite type of movie to watch. Throughout the movie it seemed less of what I had thought it was going to be, I expected more scenes of Dr. Gordon and Adam in the room. The trailer really makes it seem creepier than it really was. I was slightly disappointed with the acting also, when Adam is pretending to smoke the poison cigarrette, the acting is terrible. I liked Dr. Gordon. I know you explained his "woodenness" throughout the film, I agree, but I still thought he did a good job for the most part. Overall I loved it.