Thread: Need shurikens and ninja stars

Default Need shurikens and ninja stars

I need to refill my supply of these. do you know where I can buy them in WoR? Thanks.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Try Kohlington.
    Figaro Castle

I was also wondering where to get the Holy spell (which esper has it and where do I get this esper...?)

And I have nothing left to do other than to level up and enter Kefka's Tower. Just wondering which 12 people I should take. Right now i'm thinking of ditching gogo and umaro (since they are the least flexible in terms of battle strategy). I have shadow so that still leaves an even 12...

There is no such thing as "Holy" in Final Fantasy VI. There is a spell that is very similar called Pearl. It's actually probably just a bad translation but nonetheless that is what it is called. If Pearl is the spell you want only one esper teaches it, this is the Alexandr esper at a rate of x2. You can pick up the Alexandr esper in the World of Ruin. In order to do this make a party that includes Cyan. Fly to Doma Castle and spend the night, you'll see a cutscene where three ghosts jump into Cyan's head and you have to go in as well to save him. You'll go through a series of weird scenes in Cyan's mind (I always loved this part, reminds me of a David Lynch film). Eventually you'll kill Wrexsoul and save Cyan, he'll gain all of his Swdtechs and you'll be on your way. Now that you have finished this scene go to the throne room and look at the throne, voila! Alexandr for the taking. Good luck!

k thanks.

anyone have suggestions on who to take with me on the kefka tower...

...Gogo... least... flexible...

The fact that you can even say that makes my head hurt. He can do ANYTHING.

EDIT: You know you can edit his command list, right? In his status window, I believe?

WHAT??????????????????????????????

I did not know that!!!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Yes, Pearl is Holy. It wasn't badly TRANSLATED. Ted Woolsey knew fully well that the spell was called "Holy", but Nintendo had strict policies regarding religious content (that they themselves did not follow, I'd like to add) and would not allow the word to be used in the game. It was censored in FFIV and FFI as well. In FFIV it was changed to "White" (Woolsey probably just used a fancier way of saying the same thing), and in FFI it was changed to "Fade" for some reason. It was also considered black magic in FFVI for some reason.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

So why was it allowed in FF2?
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    So why was it allowed in FF2?
    If you mean FFII as part of Origins, it's because that was in the hands of Sony, not Nintendo (I dunno if Nintendo even has those policies anymore) and if you mean the FFII released for SNES, DJZen already explained that. FFIV in Japan = FFII on SNES in America. And it wasnt called Holy, it was called White. It was changed back to Holy in the PSX re-release.

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen

Yes, Pearl is Holy. It wasn't badly TRANSLATED. Ted Woolsey knew fully well that the spell was called "Holy", but Nintendo had strict policies regarding religious content (that they themselves did not follow, I'd like to add) and would not allow the word to be used in the game. It was censored in FFIV and FFI as well. In FFIV it was changed to "White" (Woolsey probably just used a fancier way of saying the same thing), and in FFI it was changed to "Fade" for some reason. It was also considered black magic in FFVI for some reason.
    Sounds like the definition of bad translation to me. 'Bad' doesn't mean that it was an accident.

Back to the original question:

Thamasa carries both shuriken and ninja stars.

In addition (and I add this only because it seems you missed Cyan's quest), when you go to Thamasa, do so with Strago and Relm in your party.
    The next time you're feeling so invincible that you don't feel like saving, remember this sig- TAKE TWO SECONDS AND SAVE TWO HOURS! SAVE YOUR GAME!

FF6 didn't have white and black magic, per se - it had attack magic, recovery magic, and effect magic. I think that's what the last category was called, I don't remember.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I believe it was "Support" magic.