Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real gunblades

Default Real gunblades

Okay, here's the deal. I collect swords and I want - no, I need - a gunblade. Does anyone know where I can get a gunblade? Seriously? Or any companies that would make one for me? Cheers.
    www.yuriprime.tk Sometimes a good Renzokuken can solve all of your problems...
    Look into the Darkness, and what do you see? You see me in yourself. Hate me... curse me... fear me... rise up and FIGHT ME!
    I am a little bit of loneliness, a little bit of disregard, handful of complaints but I can't help the fact that everyone can see these scars...
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Blog Entries

A real gunblade? Are you kidding? That don't exist... right? And why do you want a gunblade so badly?

Kaitou Dark - Dark Mousy Rinoa_Galatea's Avatar

Here (where I live [Zacatecas Capitol, México]) u can ask for someone in a jewelry that can make u a Gunblade. I had that idea, but a real gunblade (made of silver) costs me almost $17500.00 (Dollars) but they offered me to do it & do a little one 2. I can't spend a lot of money in that! in fact, I have Rinoa's necklace, & I only spend around $1.45 (dollars), & it seems cool. U can ask for someone, there (where u live) must be someone that can make u a gunblade...

"Inter Angelus: Gothik Kitten"

Blog Entries

Okay, here's the deal. I collect swords and I want - no, I need - a gunblade. Does anyone know where I can get a gunblade? Seriously? Or any companies that would make one for me? Cheers.
    You're kidding right?

Maybe not :sweatdrop

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For a brief time, there were real-life gunblades. Basically, swords with a gun mechanism built in. They could fire two bullets, and very rapidly went out of use when firearms rose to dominance. I've never actually seen a picture of one, they're that obscure.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I believe you can get a model of the gunblade somewhere. I know there is one of Cloud's Buster Sword, but if it is being produced it probably isn't an ACTUAL gun/sword, it'd just be stylistic. Kind of like how the Buster Swords I've seen are all scaled way down in size.

I collect swords as well me being in martial arts and having mastered three of them. I ahve all types of swords even at this young age...but I do not believe that you can get a real gunblade, plus it can cost you up to well a lot of money...lol...just play the game! ^^
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    I believe you can get a model of the gunblade somewhere. I know there is one of Cloud's Buster Sword, but if it is being produced it probably isn't an ACTUAL gun/sword, it'd just be stylistic. Kind of like how the Buster Swords I've seen are all scaled way down in size.
    There's a life-size Buster Sword available; however, it's made of aluminium, not steel. A weaker metal, but it reduces the weight by 90%.

I've seen a website advertising a Revolver Gunblade letter-opener, but never a life-sized replica. [q=Rinoa_Galatea]I had that idea, but a real gunblade (made of silver) costs me almost $17500.00 (Dollars) but they offered me to do it & do a little one 2.[/q]Silver is very expensive... the same thing done with steel or aluminium, with a non-functioning gun mechanism, would be quite a lot cheaper.

Im pretty sure that Square sells official Gunblades along with other FFVIII (and other FF´s) items in their shop...

- - - - - - - - - -
    Join Aura - Or someone else will!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xzirox
    Im pretty sure that Square sells official Gunblades along with other FFVIII (and other FF´s) items in their shop...
    I don't think that Square sells deadly weapons :sweatdrop

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

I think the best you are going to find is a non-functioning replica. These life-size replicas show up on eBay from time to time, made out of either metal or wood. The once currently for sale is wooden, but it looks metalic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...928396259&rd=1

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Did you use the word "real" in tandem with the word "gunblade"? Oh lord......

Okay, here's the rant.....

Squall's gunblade wouldn't work. It has no barrel. The bullet would fire out of the chamber and smack right into the blade, damaging both the weapon and its user. Near as I can figure the darn thing operates on magic, which isn't something we have in this non FF world (or as some people have taken to calling it, "real life").

There ARE historical blades that can fire bullets, but they were flintlock style guns, not revolvers. The average reload time on one of those things is over one minute. I've actually seen them on sale at my local rennaisance fair in dagger form mixed in with the pirate weapons (ARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!). However, you would never be able to get away with using one of these for your Squall costume. I'm guessing that since you put this thread in the FFVIII forum you want one that resembles Squall's.

If you still want one, probably the best place to check is ebay. To my knowledge, Square has never issued an "authentic" gunblade. There have been pendants of Squall's revolver, and other collectable miscellany, but the closest you'll get is a mock up. However, do not expect it to fire. If it DOES fire, STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Gunblades don't 'shoot' anyway, the bullets in the barrell quickly enhance the blade to increase damage dealt on a swing of it. The only 'fuctional' gun gunblade I know of from Square is the ones in Advent Children.

Kaitou Dark - Dark Mousy Rinoa_Galatea's Avatar

Like I'm almost 15... I'm goin' to ask my parents 'bout a Silver Gunblade jeez I hope I can have one. However a real gunblade is so difficult to get T-T

"Inter Angelus: Gothik Kitten"

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa_Galatea
    Like I'm almost 15... I'm goin' to ask my parents 'bout a Silver Gunblade jeez I hope I can have one. However a real gunblade is so difficult to get T-T
    Whaaa????