Thread: Friday Night Lights

Articles

Default Friday Night Lights

The movie about a book that concerns life known as Texas high school football. Who's seen it, or read the book, and what did you think?

Personally, I thought it was a pretty powerful film. It's peculiar how everyone in the town seems to live so vicariously through the players on the team, how everyone lives or dies on how the team performs.

It's a great institution, I think. I really, really enjoyed the movie. It's one of the few sports movies where the star team loses in the end.

HS Football in Texas cities is nothing like it is in the small towns, but our team is creating some excitement. The last time we won district was 1976, when we won basketball, football, and baseball in district. Right now we're 6-1, 4-0 in district play with 3 games left. On Thursday night we beat Western Hills 75-12 (yes, 75-12), which is our second 70+ outing of the year. Our QB Jeremy Brown was a WR last year, but we lost both our senior and sophomore to graduation and transfer, respectively. He's led the team very well both passing and running. On Friday we have a rematch against Dunbar HS, who ended our hopes of an undefeated season last year, beating us 58-8. The final week of the season we play Arlington Heights, who is currently tied with us atop our district. I can't wait, as they are our rival in everything. It should be a great game.[/ramble] Hey, you asked about Texas HS football, right?

sheit Michigan football's good too. Our team is awsome, but the band it better blah blah. I haven't seen the movie yet, but i wanna wanna wanna...should I?

Really nice people! I made threads about this God forsaken movie for months and no one EVER replied! However, I thought the movie was very boring. Not really my kind of movie anyway. And did anyone see the Permian vs. Midland Lee game on ESPN? Mojo got PWND!!! Everyone was crying the next day at school, so yep, people still take it seriously here. Not as much so since we started sucking so badly.
    **insert catchy sig**

I really, really liked the movie. The visuals are beautiful and it's very well directed, loved the music, great film. This coming from someone who hates sports, hates football, and hates high school. I think the film was pretty well made since I can honestly say I really enjoyed it.

Friday Night Lights is a pretty decent movie.

The main theme of the movie is to basically show what highschool football in Texas is like (and highschool football in Texas is absolutely HUGE) and all the pressures that these kids go through.

The town of Odessa was going through a big oil crisis back in the time the movie took place in. Many people were going through real financial difficulties in Odessa at the time. The Permian team was kind of an outlet for them to kind of forget about their situation for awhile. That is why that team was so popular.