Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Castlevania.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Super Mario Bros. 3.

Hey HSU did you ever play castlvania 3? Its a cool game but 2 Sucked big time. And Kawaii Super mario bros 3 is great game

Need some extra cash? Join treasure trooper and get paid easy

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Dragon WArrior 4

Have any of you ever played Blaster Master?

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Super Mario 3, the Mega Man series...Tetris....hmmm...what else...

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Chrono Trigger.
    :rolleyes2

..................Nes not SNES

Plates on your ass, d00d. thornwithin's Avatar

Easily Zelda 1. I recently re-played the game (both quests) and I am amazed at how awesome the game really is.

This game is REALLY HARD, especially the second quest. Your character is not very maneuverable and does not have many weapons available to him, which often makes the enemies tough to fight. Second, a lot of the secrets are really hard to find. I remember searching for literally an entire night (like 8+ hours), trying to find the blue ring shop. Third, the dungeons are very confusing. The designers don't really give you any hints, the way they do in, say, zelda 3 or 4. The use of "secret passages" instead of 3-dimensional dungeons is absolutely brilliant, making for all kinds of weird mazes. And there is absolutely no indication that the dungeons in the second quest have a different type of doorway. (sorry that's all I can tell you, you gotta figure it out yourself mwahahahah)

I'm always disappointed when I go back and re-play an old game that you thought was difficult, only to discover it is really easy 10 years later. Well, the Legend of Zelda is just as hard as it ever was, and frankly I'm amazed that I was able to beat it back when I was ~7 years old.

Beyond the difficulty though, it is just a fun game to play. It is a welcome break from the side-scrollers that were all the rage in that day, and was among the first games that allowed you to increase your character's power over time. It also was one of the first open-ended games, where you can explore most of the world from the very start and had to create your own path. While the story is certainly not as well-developed as later games, it had plenty of heroism and provided the foundation for one of the best series of all time.
    Hold my breath as I wish for death...
    Oh please God, help me!!!

Consider you a figment of my imagination, but will you ever go away?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. Find me guilty when true guilt is from within.
    I am the Thorn Within.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Wizards & Warriors, baby.

All three of them. As far as series go, I feel it is the strongest one on the NES. All 3 of the games are outstanding, and they have some of the greatest musical tracks I've heard in all of gaming.

Many people consider the Legend of Zelda the ultimate video game fairytale. Sorry, but that's not me. The fairytale I grew up with was Wizards & Warriors, with the premise of the Knight Kuros saving the Princess from the Evil Wizard Malkil. Similar to Zelda in a way, but with better music (I should also say the dungeons aren't a chore, but that sort of problem didn't really evolve until perhaps Ocarina of Time hit the market). I can't quite tell if it left an impression on me. I do know however that my favorite type of story is one where the hero must rescue the damsel in distress from evil, so maybe it did leave an impression on me. Wizards & Warriors II also has the single most awesome video game box art of all time, with the almighty FABIO on the cover, so it automatically goes gold for that.

As far as a stand alone game goes, Mega Man III is my favorite on the NES. That game is my baby. It is probably the game I've played through the most times throughout the course of my entire life. I play it at least once a month, as not to get stale. On average, I can beat the game on 1 or 2 lives. Gemini Man is my favorite Robot Master. Spark Man has my favorite stage music of the 1-8 series. I've got strategies for beating the eight robot masters with the buster that no one else on the internet does. I tried to make a plasma buster Boss FAQ for this game at Gamefaqs, but they already had 2 boss faqs, and I wasn't going to be assed to make the whole damn game walkthrough.

I've also played and finished all 3 NES Castlevanias. I'll agree that 2 sucked. It was too easy, and there weren't enough bosses. Not to mention it is impossible to complete without a strategy guide.

And I've also played Blaster Master. I can't finish it though. I've gotten all the way to the last boss. I'm not sure if there's a boss after him, but the guy I got to was the guy on the cover. He's a striped zebra thing that spits rocks. He's helluva tough. I can't beat him.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Legend of Zelda!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Chainsaw

As far as a stand alone game goes, Mega Man III is my favorite on the NES. That game is my baby.
    I completely agree.

Snake Rattle & Roll.

Possibly the hardest game ever created. Even to this day I can't get past level 9.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burtuc
    Have any of you ever played Blaster Master?
    Great game!

Out of the ones I own I like Metroid the best. I also like "Thrillas Safari and Spyhunter". Blaster Master would be about third on my list.
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message