Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vivi [ABSOLUT SPOILER AHEAD]

Default Vivi [ABSOLUT SPOILER AHEAD]

Ok, I searched this forum for a Vivi topic, but didn't found any except the voices and because I know that webmasters hate that I revieve old threads, I am going to start this one.

Ok, we all know Vivi. He is our favorite Black Mage or almost our favorite Black Mage. He has some really strong spells, like Flare and afcourse Doomsday. Also thanks to him (he is one of the main charachters) we learn a lot about the story. I still think they should have made Vivi the lead figure instead of Zidane. That would be so much cooler. Also he just looks cool and has a really deep story. So I think he maybe really deserves the title of "best black mage" and maybe even the title of "best FF character". So, wise man of the Eyes on FF-forum what do you think about our little Black Mage. Don't hesitate to use Spoilers. The thread is marked.

For everyone again, watch out, this topic is going to contain SPOILERS.
    You known SPOILERS.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Okay FFIX and Vivi was awesome...but I don't think that Vivi should've been the lead character. Yes he has some wicked powers, and has a really deep background...but Zidane just goes so much more into the plot than Vivi.

If they made Vivi main character then that wouldn't have been as deep as Zidane. Vivi in the beginning doesn't have the confidence like Zidane. Zidane with his wicked trance moves you learn early on are superb.

It wouldn't have been the same without Zidane as main lead.

So that's where FanFics come into play...make Vivi your lead character.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

I agree with demonsdragon....without Zidane as main character Dagger (Garnet) wouldnt have been that much in the story, they probably hadnt taken on Brahne, and the would NEVER have gone to Terra (or was it Gaia?)....

- - - - - - - - - -
    Join Aura - Or someone else will!

Yeah, but without Vivi the never ever came after the true meaning of the Black Mages. And now they do.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Vivi was great, but he's not main character material. They need a past to discover something in, and Vivi just doesn't have one.(name one FF where the main character doesn't discover something revolutionary about his past. Go on, I dare ya!)

Hehe. I'm just trying to think of Vivi having a love interest.

"Umm... could just bend down so I can kiss you now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday

Vivi is great because he isn't the lead character.
    Maybe that is why we all like him.
    *thinks*
    You I give you right Doomsday. And about the loveintrest. At the end of the game, it seems that Eiko is interested in both Zidane and Vivi. And well he you could let him marry Quina in that city above the cliff?? Qunte Piente??

Moogle:

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I liked Steiner more. Poor Steiner. He gets picked on so much and all he wants to do is protect Garnet. He tries to do the right thing but then people just make fun of him. Everything just keeps blowing up in his face. Poor Steiner.....

But as for Vivi, he had some cute moments. He's certainly not a LEAD character, but he's definitely a good character. He's got the whole "confused boy" thing going on, as well as spells to make the peoples fall down. He also really doesn't have much in the way of competition for "best black mage". Most games that have the class designation of black mage don't have the class fixed to one character in particular. I'd say he deserves that title.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Vivi was one of my favorites. His power in battle was greatly appreciated and his philsophical quest for meaning and life was quite refreshing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothNL
    Yeah, but without Vivi the never ever came after the true meaning of the Black Mages. And now they do.
    That's true but that's not the main storyline of the game. That's the supporting characters background story much like Freya's lover and garnets true history. It makes the game much more interesting but could be left out.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero
    That's true but that's not the main storyline of the game. That's the supporting characters background story much like Freya's lover and garnets true history. It makes the game much more interesting but could be left out.
    You are right, but ok, they shouldn't made him lead character, but whatabout the title of best Black Mage in the FF-series. That is true isn't it. He has sure got some good spells including the hit all Doomsday. Plus I also like the abilties learn system, just equiping weapons or so to learn it. And with Vivi you just want to try it as soon as possible because the spells look so cool.

Moogle:

Yeah, he gets my vote for best black mage ever.

.opt

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Gets my vote for the best black mage ever, as the game gets my vote for the best game ever!

lulu was awesome, and yet still second in my books when in comparison to vivi. but at times vivi was too quite, so i don't think he wouldve made a great lead character....but he still made one hell of a main character

Well, he got a love or at least so I make up out of the game. I think if you look good, you can see that Eiko is not only in love with Zidane. She also has a thing for Vivi, or is that maybe a pity. She trys to give him a little more spirit. That he should not be that silent. Only problem then appears that is that he already married Quina at Quinde Piente (or something like that), so that would be not right??

Moogle:

I must agree that Vivi is a Best BM but one thing that gets my best friend and me is what happend to our lil bm in the end.... ???

My Friend Believed that he died aka stopped moving... -sniffle-

Me- I just believed he could'nt make it like he is busy or something.

I will always say he is alive and well n_n

But we were wondering what other ppl's opinions are on this.