Thread: Tyrannosaur where art thou? (FF1 Origin)

Default Tyrannosaur where art thou? (FF1 Origin)

Ive got a problem with FF1 Origins for the PSone and its driving me mad! So i though you guys could help me out...

In Origins i have 94% of the monsters but im missing some, mainly Tyrannosaur and i can never seem to encounter one, so have you encountered one, do you know where lots of them are, or anything to help me....

I do have this one guide where is states they are around the desert of Mirage Tower but having spent hours battling around this area i havn't encounter one, also the guide says they are in the forest south of Gaia at the point where you park the airship and walk to another town (one that starts with an L - i cant rember the name) but i still cant find one!

Any information would be greatly recieved...

(Sorry if this is in the wrong Forum i thought this was the most suitable.)

NetGuru.

In Orgins the Tyrnasaurus isn't there any more. It's called the Allosaurus if I am correctly or something like that. And you are right, he is in the Desert around the Mirage Tower. Just keep walking and you will encouter him. Sometimes it can take much time, but I encoutered him immeddiatly when I entered the desert. Also do you have Warmech already?

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Yeah ive encountered the Allosaurus but i thought that was a different monster and in Origins you encounter both the Allosaurus and the Tyrannosaur? That might be it...

Ok, ill put it like this, im after the monster which appears below Kraken in the monster list (by that i mean the first time Kraken appears not the second time)

I havn't got WarMech yet but i know its not the entry im looking for..

Anyways thanks for the response....

You can find the Tyrannosaur in the desert or you can find him at a more common place.

You can find him in the Forest south of Gaia. From where you park the air ship walk 8 steps east and about 3 steps south. You should find him there pretty soon.

Ive been using that same location Black Mage, the forest south of Gaia after having walked the required steps and after a few hours still no luck?

Man this is getting annoying...

I also heard that some monster become extinct in the japanese version after you have the last spell, which i have...

So maybe they are all gone? Besides i read you can still get all the extras with only 97% of the monsters, so i might do that...

No, they don't dissapear. And the only monster you will need is Warmech, he is on the brigde when you walk towards Tiamat. Although the encouterrate is very very small. I even heard from someone here, that when you play the Easy-version of Orgins, the encouterrate is even smaller. But don't worry they don't dissapear, it's just a rumor that isn't true

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Quote Originally Posted by NetGuru
    Ive been using that same location Black Mage, the forest south of Gaia after having walked the required steps and after a few hours still no luck?

Man this is getting annoying...

I also heard that some monster become extinct in the japanese version after you have the last spell, which i have...

So maybe they are all gone? Besides i read you can still get all the extras with only 97% of the monsters, so i might do that...

The only thing I can say is keep trying. You will eventually find him. I found him twice in like 10 minutes at that location.

BTW Easy mode does not decrease any encounter rate.

Thanks Black Mage FF1 and Sephiroth NL, ill just keep looking around the forest south of Gaia and hopefully he should show up...

Blog Entries

In Orgins the Tyrnasaurus isn't there any more. It's called the Allosaurus if I am correctly or something like that. And you are right, he is in the Desert around the Mirage Tower.
    Correction! T-Rex CAN be found in the mentioned desert in the Origins version.
    I've managed to meet him twice there.

Where did you meet him in the desert? any specific spot or just anywhere?

Blog Entries

I just walked around and I met him twice within an hour.

Yes yes yes yes YES!!!

Ive got one!

Finally......i encounted one in the desert around the Mirage Tower..

Phew, boy am i relieved!

Thanks everyone, now ill never bother you with my stupid questions

Quote Originally Posted by NetGuru
    Yes yes yes yes YES!!!

Ive got one!

Finally......i encounted one in the desert around the Mirage Tower..

Phew, boy am i relieved!

Thanks everyone, now ill never bother you with my stupid questions
    Wise speaking: There aren't any stupid questions only stupid answers.

But anyways congratulations with getting him on your list. I really should begin with completing that list to

*adds on to-do-list*

I way to busy with my PS2. By the way, now I have a question, the last boss does it count for your bestairylist?? Or not?? Cause else you will never have the 100%.

Moogle:

Yes the last boss does count towards your monster list, he only shows up when you complete the game and save the completed game and then start the game again, then he shows up in the list.