PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO BEAT OMEGA WEAPON ON FFVIII PLEASE

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It helps if you let us know what strategies you are using so we can see if you are on the right track or doing something completely wrong.
    Figaro Castle

Do not try to defeat Omega Weapon. That is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.

There is no Omega Weapon. Then you will see it is not Omega Weapon that is defeated, it is only yourself.

Doomgaze no offense but you're really weird

you start rambling on about malboros and binary code and weird stuff to me and now that there is no omega weapon so wot is that weird thing in the organ room? the care bare that went wrong?

EDIT BY BoB: Please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button at the bottom right of your post to make any changes or additions when you need to.
    Forgotten_Hope

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Try to stay on topic, guys.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Sorry but anyway yea I haven't been able to beat Omega so I decided to leave him out after all you don't get all that much from him just a certificate and your luck goes up by 3 stars
    Forgotten_Hope

Thumbs up

To beat Omega Weapon you need your party to be at level 100. Then junctions 100 deaths to status def to avoid lv.5 death. Have a member of your party have revive, it might be usefull ;-) . Cast meltdown on the weapon to reduce it's vitality to 0 and strike it with many Renzokuken and pray for some Lionhart!!! If you want to beat it easily, you can use some Hero or Holy war. (Refine laguna and gilgamesh cards) If you do not want to use that, you can also cast rinoa limit break and by chance, she'll cast Invincible moon. Use Eden and other GF to protect yourself from Terra break sick attack!
    Measterdaywalker

Blog Entries

I can't belive it! ANOTHER Omega Weapon tread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maesterdaywalker
    To beat Omega Weapon you need your party to be at level 100. Then junctions 100 deaths to status def to avoid lv.5 death. Have a member of your party have revive, it might be usefull ;-) . Cast meltdown on the weapon to reduce it's vitality to 0 and strike it with many Renzokuken and pray for some Lionhart!!! If you want to beat it easily, you can use some Hero or Holy war. (Refine laguna and gilgamesh cards) If you do not want to use that, you can also cast rinoa limit break and by chance, she'll cast Invincible moon. Use Eden and other GF to protect yourself from Terra break sick attack!
    1) You really don't NEED to be at level 100.
    2) Defend is a much better way to protect against Terra Break.
    3) Hero/Holy Wars= Cheap/Cheat.

Well... I guess I have to repeat myself...

Good junctioning is the key to win every battle in this game with ease.
    Make sure you have alot of magic to junction + characters at high level. Then he should be pice of cake.
    Also... remember that Omega attacks in a special order...

Omega Weapons attacks and how to avoid them without using cheap hero items:
    1) lvl 5 Death. Either, don't be at a level multiplised by 5, OR junction 100 Deaths to your stat-def.
    2) Meteor. Have high spr (shell halves the dammage).
    3) Megido Flame. This is Omegas mos deadly attack. It does exactly 9998 dammage to the party and neither protect or shell will work. To survive... either Block with a GF or have 9999 HP before the attack (make sure to heal with megaelexir after this attack, but you may wait until Omega Weapon does his next move since it won't hurt you at all if your hp is1).
    4) Gravia. This attack dammage 3/4 of your current HP (this attack can't kill so if HP is 1, this attack will do 0 dammage).
    5) Terra Break. This may be your end. If you'r not prepared that is... but all you need is the ability Defend. If you use Defend when Omega Weapon uses Terra Break... then you will take 0 dammage! So you should get the Defend ability to as many party members as you can.
    6) Ultima. Same as Meteor.
    7) Ligth Pillar. Since this attack does 9999 dammage to one of your party members, no matter what, the one who is hit will die. But worry not, since Omegas Ligth Pillar is predicable, you just need to be prepared to revive the one who dies.
    After all this Omega Weapons attacks will repeat... all but lvl5 death, so you will always be prepared. Oh, and one more thing... He may use a psychical attack at random(wow RANDOM) betweene the other moves, but don't worry, it's a weak attack and it may miss!
    Draw: Flare, Holy, Meteor, and Ultima

Edit: Oh, yea... by the way, here's Omegas stats...

Omegas stats:
    HP: 1,161,000
    Str: 232
    Vit: 200 (but since you can reduce it to 0 with meltdown it doesn't matter that much.)
    Mag: 149
    Spr: 130
    Spd: 60
    Eva: 7

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 10-29-2004 at 11:01 PM.

Smile bah omega is easy

first u wnat to have the laguna card it goes into 100 heros
    u also need lion heart and plenty of auras
    first thing use a aura on squall and i would recomend zell then use heros on everyone then use doomtrain and pummle omega w/limits until either the aura or hero wears off then when the hero wears off re-aura and re-hero anfter a few minutes of this torture you will have owned ont the one that everyone fears

really quite an easy task
    i will become a god to you

Blog Entries

Yea, Omega is easy... even without all that cheap stuff.
    But I seriously can't still belive that everyone seem to think that everyone else get the Laguna card. I mean... some people don't even play the card game...

And by the way... Hero= Cheap and Cheat!!!

I never beat Omega with Hero's, Lionheart, The End or Armagedon fist and he's still easy.

That's why I always try to beat him in harder, challanging ways!!!

1) Solo Squall without hero/cheat items + no Lionheart. (Still pretty easy.)
    2) Blindfolded, without hero/cheat items + no Lionheart/ The End/ Armagedon Fist. (Not too hard you just need to know what all the sounds mean and have a good memory.)
    3) No stats junctioning, only commands (item, magic, GF etc) absolutely nothing else! And only the first weapons + no refining (you'll only have 2 hero items) none of the "drawable" GFs aviable (you can't boost the stats of your characters trough items) and no The End. (I used 2 hero/cheat items but this was still hard as ****!!!)

You can also just kill him before he uses Terra Break with one of the two "cheap" characters, that is Zell or Rinoa. With Zell you just use Armageddon fist and with Rinoa you use the Angel Wing trick and he's gone. (Man...even without holy wars and defend he's still a joke)

You can survive terra break without defend and holy wars anyways and it's more fun. (you have to have auto-protect on everyone) You learn to dread Terra break if 1-2 characters always drop when he does it. I think defend is cheap too...
    Last edited by Auronhart; 10-30-2004 at 08:01 PM.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries

I can't say Defend is cheap in any way since it don't make you invinsible + the effect wears off as soon as the defending character does something else. But, yea... it's funnier to block with GFs and protect. And you don't need auto protect on anyone... just cast triple and then protect on everyone.

But you're right. Omega Weapon is nothing but a great joke! Man, I wish I could do a remake of FFVIII...

It's easier if you do have auto protect though because it doesn't wear off and you don't have to even use gf blocking to survive.... I mean come on, give Omega a chance... if you don't take advantage of the omega turn order he's much more fun. (which is what using defend basically requires. I guess you could have one person always defend until he uses terra break, but no one does that) Fight him like he's random and then he's actually somewhat tough/never mind he's still easy.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Is it true that Omega Weapon can be killed using The End? A friend says he did years ago but I refuse to admit that such a perfect opponent can be defeated by a sugar-addict girl...
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Laguna! Although you're way too shy with the
    opposite sex, you've got a heart of pure gold. You're a good
    leader and well liked by those who know you. Most of your
    friends look to your good sense when they need advice.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!