Thread: Torrent Files

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Default Torrent Files

chaos: I opened and downloaded a file from this website. After that, I tried playing it in Windows Media and it wouldn't work, saying "error reading codec" something or other, so, what do I do? I'm not really a techno whiz, and have no idea really.

Rubedo: Can anyone help?

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

You need too download a program that will download these files. Google "ABC, BitTornado or Azerus(sp?)". All you do is download the torrent file off the website then you want to open that file in your torrent program..ex. ABC. This will download the file P2P style and take it from any computer sharing this file. Hope this helps. Also just about every torrent file is illegal in some way so be warned I guess :rolleyes2 .

Here is ABC

this one is easy to use and gets the job done.

Go to Suprnova.org for a whole lot of torrents, They have good FAQ's on stuff in there forum.

Edit- Make sure you use ".org" and not ".net or .com". Net and Com are scammers I guess.
    Last edited by metCloud; 10-22-2004 at 10:16 PM.
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

Checklist:

1) You can not do anything with .torrent files, they will only lead your bittorrent client to download the actual file, say an .AVI file

2) Once you have a readable format, (I'm assuming this is a video file) .avi, .mpg, .wmv, .ogg, etc. Then you have to find out which codec it is compressed with.

3) Best thing to do is download the program <a href="http://www.headbands.com/gspot/">GSpot</a> and open the file in it after installing

4) It will tell you what codec you need for the video and what codec you need for the audo

5) <a href="http://www.google.com">Google</a> search them, download and install them.

6) Watch the clip.

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by metCloud
    You need too download a program that will download these files. Google "ABC, BitTornado or Azerus(sp?)". All you do is download the torrent file off the website then you want to open that file in your torrent program..ex. ABC. This will download the file P2P style and take it from any computer sharing this file. Hope this helps. Also just about every torrent file is illegal in some way so be warned I guess :rolleyes2 .

Here is ABC

this one is easy to use and gets the job done.

Go to Suprnova.org for a whole lot of torrents, They have good FAQ's on stuff in there forum.

Edit- Make sure you use ".org" and not ".net or .com". Net and Com are scammers I guess.
    chaos: I already have the "bit torrent" program. I need the correct codec or something like that. I think I'll check out Necro's, but thanks a lot anyways!

I thought you were trying to open a .Torrent file in windows media player . Sorry about that.

Contributions

chaos: Oh, heh. Well, I need XviD and I'm currently lost in the site, and don't know where to download what.

Xvid Codec

You can find it there. The Xvid site just gives you the source code and not the actual codec.

Contributions

chaos: Thanks! Whew, I waited 7 hours for this!