Thread: Got Band?

Default Got Band?

I got home from our varsity football game around ten o'clock today, and i was replaying some songs we played after the game, Sweet Child-O-Mine, and the Impression that I get....if anyone is in band, ne other good songs that you've heard bands play or know you can play? future suggestions for our teacher

I'm starting up a band after our exams finish. We have a singer/guitarist, violinist/keyboardist, bassist and a drummer. We are mainly getting influences from other artists like Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam, Oasis, etc.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

You're talking about marching band or something right? If so, yea, I was in my marching bad/entertainment unit during my high school years. It was awesome. We played some cool tunes like 'Shake a Tail Feather' and...hmm... I don't remember the title... oh yea, we'd bust out 'Tequila!' sometimes during football games.

As for shows, we had some cool ones. My sophmore year we had a 40s USO Radio Show theme. It was great. We played classics like 'Boogie-woogie Bettle Boy' and had a stage band play with us with singers and stuff. I think that was one of our best shows.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

yeah i ment marching band...we play 'tequila' lol kinda fun.

Oh I'm sorry, I should have read the thread a bit more carefully. Sorry. ^.^;; Just discard what I said.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

I'd like to start a new band but here in Portugal youngs don't seem to be interested in it, they just wanna go to 'Pop Idol' and win it and record a cd to be famous and appear on the magazines and on the t.v.!
    But i'd like to start a band like Evanescence or LP!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

.....lol
    nice effort

anywya we used to play lean on me
    dats all

Some Very Fun Marching Band Songs Include:

"Georgia On My Mind"
    "Caravan"
    "Sing, Sing, Sing"
    "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart's Club..."
    Anything By Earth, Wind, and Fire that has brass
    "Hit The Road Jack"
    "(Da Le) Yaleo"
    "Get Up, Stand Up"

Among others. More or less, you can turn just about any song into a marching band song if you can find the right pitch for the instruments.

The most ambitious the marching band I was a member of ever got was when we played "Channel One Suite", which may well be the greatest live jazz/big band song of all time.

Take care all.

Articles

I've heard everything from Kansas' "Carry On Wayward Son" to The Offspring's "Come Out and Play" to Metallica's "Enter Sandman" from marching bands. It sounds pretty cool, too, when you hear it.

thanks for the suggestions i'll get 'em to teacher tomorrow