Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the Hellsing Anime?

Default Anyone seen the Hellsing Anime?

I just finished watching Hellsing and it's Probabaly the best anime I've seen. It really was amazing. I just want to learn as much about it as possible. I think I'm obsessed. By the way are ther any other DVDs other than the first four (Episodes 1-13)?

Remember, the things in parenthesis are (not) important.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can countand those who can't.

One of the best anime's out there. It's a shame they only made the one season, so you're out of luck. So, you won't find more than 13 episodes out there, but you should be happy with how it wrapped up in the finale.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

good music

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I watched like eight episodes of it...up until the point with those two vampires going into the Hellsing Foundation building. I thought it was awesome. I need to check out the rest of it.

Another one I've wanted to see, but haven't. Still trying find/watch all of Evangelion (got the platinum 0:2 yesterday, still need to watch it.)
    How disgusting

I liked it, but it should've had Alexander Anderson in more episodes like they did in the manga.
    lol signature

I Heard it's being aired in Japan right now and they may be working on a 5th disc.I hope they do. Oh, does anyone know where I can get the manga outside the internet?

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can countand those who can't.

Yeah I've seen it and yeah it was an awesome Series. However like Jebus says they should of had more Alexander Anderson in. He was my favourite character, everyone else liked hellsing because he was just cool and mysterious and he was a good character I just liked Anderson too, I thought he was interesting. Shame they kind of just brought him in once or twice. My favourite epsiode is EP 3. I won't spoil it for anyone but anyone who has seen it should know why I like it if AA is my fav. character

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I'll never go out of my way to watch it, since I have it on good authority that the good parts aren't good enough to make up for the bad parts.

For the manga, try a bookstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    I'll never go out of my way to watch it, since I have it on good authority that the good parts aren't good enough to make up for the bad parts.

For the manga, try a bookstore.

What bad parts? I didn't see any bad parts, except that they left too many questions unanswered. Otherwise it was genius. Also I was hpoing for a store in paticular, but now I'm open to the internet too.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I came across a fansub of it that I'll probably watch this week (perfect timing with Halloween and such.) It just bugs me that they did a literal translation of Alucard rather than a proper one, resulting in the usages of Arucard.

I might look for the manga, though this one seems like it'd work a lot better animated due to the heavy action in it.

Hey Hsu, I thought you liked to pinch nipples.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! A Hellsing thread!!!!!!!!
    Hellsing is one of my absolute favorite anime/mangas EVER!!!!! The anime was drawn so well!!!! Seras is hot!! Integral is HAWT ( in the manga ). AndersonG is the BEST EVER!!!!!!!! I'm in love with the "Judas Priest!" (SPOILER)In the 4th manga Andersong comes in to give Alucard a note but punches him in the face first. They get in to a fist fight. . . . oh. Sheer wonderful-ness!! <3 <3
    Myles ( my boyfriend ) and I are OBSESSED with Hellsing, I tell you! Our TINY shrine in the beginning is posted down below. Since then we've gotten 4 more mangas.
    YOU KNOW WHO I LOVE?! YUMIKO/YUMIE from CROSSFIRE!! Crossfire is in the back of the first 3 mangas and here and there spread out in Hellsing.
    The Anime and the Manga aren't really that different except (SPOILER)Incognito ( Msp? ) doesn't exist and instead you are introduced to a world of evil Nazis. <3 <3 So Section XIII and The Hellsing Organization has to team up. It's wonderful!
    Anyway, since you're obsessed let me point you to a few wonderful places to help the addiction. ( It helped me )

This site is my favorite. It's all fanart but GOOD fanart. Professional. Anyway, I linked you to the gallery since the site is in Japanese.

This site has a lot of the information about the manga and a lot of nice scans.

There are more but the link have gotten lost along the way. Sorry! Enjoy!! Feel free to PM me anytime if you wanna rant about how great Hellsing is!!

Edit - You can buy the Hellsing Manga from most bookstores - Borders, Walden Books, Books A Million, etc.
    And then I have to add. In the anime they wimped Andersong down. He's MUCH more badass in the manga.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_Strife_X
    Hey Hsu, I thought you liked to pinch nipples.
    Indeed I do, especially with various clamping devices, but that's a discussion for a different time.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, "Arucard" is an incredibly stupid mistranslation, and since he's like the main character, it'd be hard to ignore.