Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What made you be [I]able[/I] to win trhe game?

What made you be able to win trhe game?

For me..ORLANDU!
    Once i got him...playing was a breeze!
    The excalibur was awsome
    his skills were awsome
    ...hmmm, what else was awsome 'bout him?
    Black roses
    thorns sheathed with blood
    and dipped in pain
    White roses
    petals of silk
    thorns of pure gold
    Both harms and both are seductive

yeah, orlando makes the game easy.
    but so do alot of things if used correctly.
    but yeah, orlando even when used incorectly lol.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cloud and Beowulf were more useful to me than Orlandu was. Cloud was using Climhazzard to hit 999, and Beowulf was dishing out about 600 with his drain. Orlandu was only hitting 200-300, about what Ramza was doing with his two swords.

What I've Done... The Amazing Spiderman's Avatar

I'll give credit to My ramza and the two male generic units that had all mastered. Screw you, Orlandu. =P
    FFT Class Reviews:

Lancer - Monk - Ninja - Bard

Nothing is absolute... UltimaLimit's Avatar

Thumbs up Sheer power, that's what

Yeah... Orlandu's really strong. But when you've got a rampaging Bone Snatch that absolutely refuses to die, a Sacred who once achieved 999 a hit, a Red Chocobo... Let alone Ramza and my insanely strong generic Knight, and my Lancer/Monk. And that Time Mage of mine who was taking on 3 Knights physically (and winning) earlier today. I could go on. Let's hear it for the generic units and the beasts! *Throws Stone at Orlandu* :greenking
    Last edited by UltimaLimit; 11-06-2004 at 12:48 AM. Reason: personnel changes
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

Ummm I think the Dragon lady (I can't remeber her name my PSone is broken and I haven't played in awhile), Cloud, Agrais, Olandu, and my Priest/chemist were my best party members. Of course I havent played in awhile and I have many diffrent game saves.

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

Yes, Orlandu is very strong. So strong, in fact, that I almost consider it cheating to use him so I never do. The thing that always wins it for me is my counter abilities. Auto Potion used correctly and Blade Grasp will get you so much farther than Orlandu ever will, and if you want to go all out, equip Orlandu himself with one of these. Undoubtedly you would then be unstoppable, even if it was just him and Ramza, assuming that Ramza is also built very strong.

What I've Done... The Amazing Spiderman's Avatar

Everyone that says Orlandu's cheap and boring:

High five!

Huzzah for generic units!
    FFT Class Reviews:

Lancer - Monk - Ninja - Bard

What made me able to win the game?

Using stat boosting moves like Cheer hundreds of times during the final boss' first form then owning him with suped up characters in his final form.

Owned.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Two sword and math skill were my keys to victory.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    Using stat boosting moves like Cheer hundreds of times during the final boss' first form then owning him with suped up characters in his final form.
    Just do that in mundane random battles BEFORE the boss, then come at Altimus with units with Brave 97 out of battle. Use the time you'd spend on Cheer Up using Scream instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok
    Auto Potion used correctly and Blade Grasp will get you so much farther than Orlandu ever will
    I train obsessively in random battles (I know every square inch of Mandalia Plains by heart ), so I rarely, if ever, need those skills. I prefer Counter or Counter Flood, or Dragon Spirit and Sunken State if I do need any defense. I agree with you partly, I rarely use Orlandu--usually I'll bring him into the important battles as a "panic button", just in case I get in trouble. (Which I rarely do.)
    I am alive I will never run away Places inside My heart screams inside with pride Once I cried Now I wipe away the tears Once I died Now I'm alive

--Alive (Korn)

And we sneak a call And we're like thieves I love the times like these Just don't say goodbye Just won't you please I'm trying to do the right thing

All my life I was in the cold Now I find I feel nothing more Leave me to learn Leave me to hurt Now I'm not so invincible

--Invincible (Static-X)

[QUOTE=NewBlackMage]Ummm I think the Dragon lady (I can't remeber her name my PSone is broken and I haven't played in awhile)QUOTE]

Reis.
    :rolleyes2

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I mastered every character in every class up to level 99. Even Cloud and generic characters. Math Skills are easier to use that way.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Get accumulate with all my characters. Get a black mage with the frog spell. Get a monk with chakra.

Kill all monsters except one. Cast frog on the last monster. Get your characters in + shape on the grid with the monk using chakra every turn. Everyone else uses accumulate. Repeat for however long you can without a. getting horribly bored, b. going insane.

Leveling Up For The Bored And Curious

But I like the Frog idea too. And the thread was started pre-Beowulf for me. As soon as I get Chicken... Maybe I'll have Beowulf as Thief/Temple Knight to team up with the Mediator...

BTW, if you didn't know, have a low-level generic unit (like one from the Soldier's office) throw stones/dash at a high-level unit like Ramza. They get tons of EXP (50-70) and level up every couple turns. It's even better than Accumulate, provided whoever's getting stoned (pardon the expression) can heal.

--Alive (Korn)

--Invincible (Static-X)