Thread: LoD

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

Default LoD

Has anyone played Legend Of Dragoon? What are your thoughts?

"LOVED it! Sometime I wonder if it is better than Final Fantasy games! But then I snap out of it. Well I'll stop so all of you can post!"

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

I like it. It's pretty good. I like doing the combo attacks, but the button timing can be hard to get down sometimes. Course I always hated how little damage you'd do if you missed a button.

I also liked turning everyone into Dragoons at the same time and totally housing the bad guys. Of course, some of those attacks were more style than substance, but it's all about looking good, right?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I couldnt stand it. I hated the battle system, though I do respect the developers for trying. The story seems interesting, but poorly executed, and the characters were very annoying.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: I believe I made a thread on this earlier, but ah well, we can always use a fresher one.

Trumpet Thief: I liked Legend of Dragoon. T'was a good game in my eyes. Although sometimes the battle system got a little tedious, and the switch between hard and easy bosses happened waaay to much. The storyline I liked, especially Lloyd's role in it, although, I think it would've been better to keep him a villan.

Rubedo: The characters were all right. I, for one hated Dart, Rose as well. Lavitz, Lloyd, and Meru were okay. The music I loved, especially the battle theme, although I can't remember too much of it.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm on my third time....trying to play it. Seriously. The first time I played it, I got to the end of disc one, the boss, but I had no potions, little magic....and not a very high level . SO I restarted, played about 3 hours, got bored, erased my file. Now I started over about a month or two ago, and I'm about 6 hours in. Although I haven't played it sicne summer ended. There's something bout it that's just..eh. It's not very good. The characters had almost no personality; or what they ahd was pretty generic rpg stuff. I liked the battle-system, and Lloyd was cool, but that's about it. I can't seemt o finish it. I don't think I ever will, for that matter. Oh well.

--Box Box Box Box

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Dude! Last boss pathetically weak? Were you level 60 or something?

I'll admit he's a bit of a wuss in his first and second forms, but then he gets fairly tough. Once he gets to the spaceship form, those little star clusters start mo' ribs molesting you in full force. But what really gets me is his final form. I'm talking the skeleton turtle in the Rayden hat. I don't know if I just got unlucky, but he did this move that confused all my characters. They beat the crap out of each other while he took a picture and next thing I know its game over. His last form is deadly. That confusion move can outright kill you if he uses it. And his wingly summon kills my Meru in one hit, and I was about level 40. Another thing that annoys me about him is his ridiculous HP. He has over 40,000.

Not the hardest boss in the game though. The hardest boss in the game is Lenus BY FAR.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: What about the Divine Dragon and Lloyd? The dragon is hard as hell, and you can't use Dragoon mode in that fight! His attacks are very powerful, and defeating him was a tedious task.

Rubedo: And Lloyd also cancelled out Dragoon mode with his beam saber. Most of his attacks took out 80% of the whole party's life. I'll admit Lenus was hard, but I actually found it easy to take out the final boss.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Yes, I've fought Faust. I thought he was going to be incredibly difficult, but I beat him on my first try. He counterattacks with spells, so the easy way to beat him is to have two of your characters defend, and just have your strongest character pound his face in. He has the lowest defense of any enemy in the game (aside from maybe the Berserker in the Land of Gigantos), and additions can do upwards of 5000 points of damage to him making the battle a mere 6 attacks long for you. I honestly thought he'd be harder than that.

I forgot about the Divine Dragon and the Divine Dragon Spirit. Those bosses were also damn hard. So was the disc 1 boss guy who's name escapes me at the moment. He was the purple dragoon guy. Man that guy was tough.

Another tough boss was that Grand Jewel boss in Kadessa. He's a lot like the final boss in that you cannot use your dragoon forms.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

My team was always a Kongol Meru or a Albert Rose. A healthy person and a hard hitter. The hardest boss would have to be... probably Grand Jewel or Divine dragoon spirit. and Kiki, the characters have A LOT of personality, did you not read all the dialogue? I think this game was very interesting.

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."