Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141828 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy IV - "Ah, The Power of Cheese"

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

yea, exactly, Mystic Quest was by far more cheesy than FFIV... though I still consider it a good game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor
    Oh my god, I'm so lame because I point out dumb stuff like that. I swear, I really just need to shut the f**k up every now and then.
    Agreed!

Blog Entries

Wow. This is outstanding. It's as good or better than other comics on the net. Awesome. Hilarious.

But, uh, while I read this, I ate fried chicken. And then, instead of eating ice cream for desert, I thought that beany-weenies might be healthier. or something. SO I ate that.
    I had the most wicked, pseudo-nauseating (I couldn't throw up even though I kinda wanted to) stomach ache. But I didn't have the strength of will to stop reading this. So with every joke I was just dying because I couldn't stop laughing and my laughing was destroying my stomach.

I have a love/hate relationship with you for this.
    Hopefully I won't have a killer stomach ache the next time you post.

...!?
    Last edited by Martyr; 12-07-2004 at 07:31 PM.

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    Ohh, this is EXCELLENT! *claps*

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    Well, it didn't work for Michael Jackson, but Cecil is sure getting a good response from going dark to light.
    Loving it! :rock:
    Figaro Castle

. It's hillarious, keep up the good work.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Episode II - "Underdeveloped characters make good bosses"

I admit, discarding your old ways and becoming a Paladin was pretty awesome but I don't know if it merits exclaiming and questioning a double set of ellipses.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'd expect this "legendary sword" to be pretty damn good, but of course, a little while later you'll be buying a sword whose power doubles this one from some town weapon shop.

Hmm, I feel sort of uncomfortable taking advice from a town elder who willingly admits he knows absolutely nothing about anything. He should give himself more credit, after all, he's a master of being badly translated.

Before actually taking the Serpent Road talk to this guy:

It's easy to do something for an undefined amount of time purposely given with no reference points. In this guy's logic, I also just wished ever since, therefore I am still not impressed with the knowledgeless elder.

After you take the Serpent Road you'll find yourself all the way back at Baron, talking to the townsfolk will give you hints at where you should go. The clues are subtle and slight, for example: "There is a karate man in the Inn"

Upon entering the Inn, you'll find Yang, surprise, surprise.

You'll have to face Yang and his two henchmen in battle, but if you think a plot twist is coming, think again.

Yang is a weakling and goes down easily, especially with the help of Tellah's newly remembered spells, but nothing is going to stop him from telling you to Shut up! before you put him down.

That includes the fact that you didn't even say anything...

And the award for worst possible grammar and diction goes to... Tellah!

After properly catching up and reuniting with Yang in the Inn, head for the very convenient secret waterway into the castle. Upon reaching the castle you'll be greeted by Baigan the Cheif Guard of Baron who will also join your party.

Hmmm...

The only thing fishy is that getting Baigan in your team would mean that you'd have 6 members where 5 are only allowed in the engine of the game. So naturally, he turns into a boss monster. Rawwr.

After you kill Baigan you'll get the opportunity you've been waiting for since the beginning of the game, finally being able to confront the King of Baron to give him a piece of your mind.

Okay, save your breath, he's going to turn into a boss monster too.

You see? I don't want to say I told you so but...

Well, I guessed that the King would turn into a boss monster but never in my wildest dreams did I envision it being such an ugly one. Kainazzo is, hands down, the most horrendous looking creature Final Fantasy IV has to offer. Get your fill of his ugliness now because in after a couple lit-3's he'll be put down for good.

...But not without a last attempt to squash you on your way out of the throne room. Luckily Palom and Porom are there to sacrifice their lives to save you by casting stone on themselves. Soft would cure any other case of petrification but doesn't for this one. That's due to the um.... the fact that there is no reason. But rest assured, you can't heal them, reason or not.

Oh, and in case you were wondering if the King of Baron's dissapearance counts as the loss of an elderly man.

It does.

TO BE CONTINUED!
    (If I don't get institutionalized from having recurring night terrors about Kainazzo)

XD! Keep up the jawesome work there, Necronopticous.

The Demon of Elements

Yeah, Tellah has some of the worst grammar as far as I can see.

Man...Kainazoo is pretty ugly. Ya got that right.
    "oh well, wherever whever you are. Iron maiden's, gonna get you, no matter how far. See the blood flow, whatchin it shed, up above my head. Iron Maiden, will watch you again!"

serious talent man, serious talent..

by the way, on the ugliness scale,

FuSoYa > Kainazzo
    Sig removed for being way over the clearly specified 250 pixel maximum height limit.-->

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

by the way, on the ugliness scale,

FuSoYa > Kainazzo
    When he's dead he looks like a mop!

MOPU! XD

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Wow.

Final Fantasy IV is my favorite game off all time. I played through the original english translation countless time. What you have done with the original American version is great! Keep them coming!