Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202434 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy IV - "Ah, The Power of Cheese"

Blog Entries

Great stuff! C'mon! I want the next one NOW!!!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If the next one is done by Tuesday I will [img]http://home.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/heart.gif[/img] you.

Just beat the game for the first time this evening. This was very funny before, and now, it's hilarious. ^^

Thanks for the awesome commentary.
    Smile. ^_^

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    Ted Woosley always makes for bad translations.
    You REALLY can't compare what Woolsey did to what the FFIV translation team did. Woolsey's script was intelligable and coherent. Doing a FFVI parody would be about 3 panels long, and consist of Kefka calling Edgar a "son of a submariner!" Locke stealing some poor bum's clothes, and Celes contemplating how fun it would be to jump off a cliff. There, I just gave you the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUndeadHero
    Since this if full of other requests, I would love to see one on how horrible FFVII is. Someone could make it on the monsters alone.
    Get me a PS emulator that can take screens and I'll do it.

Hmmm, you should probarly do it about FFI too. That has more stupid translationmistakes. Oh, and I love the new episode.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Great new episode, as usual. I don't think FFVI translation was that bad. You'd be limited to at most 10 bad translations if you wanted to do an FFVI parody, and that's not much. I have a PSX emulator and FF7 PSX, and I could take screenshots, but I don't think FF7 translation was that bad overall. The script is huge there, 300-400+ pages for merely dialogue, so if there's one page worth of typos, that's still less than one percent of the game. And those tlansrations were fixed in the PC version anyway.

Finally, is it just me or are FFIV characters saying "What...!" or "What!" really frequently?
    Last edited by Sefie1999AD; 01-16-2005 at 09:00 PM.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A good one to do would be Final Fantasy Tactics. The Engrish is awesome.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That game is too awe inspiring to make fun of. Any hope of the next one being done by Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    You REALLY can't compare what Woolsey did to what the FFIV translation team did. Woolsey's script was intelligable and coherent. Doing a FFVI parody would be about 3 panels long, and consist of Kefka calling Edgar a "son of a submariner!" Locke stealing some poor bum's clothes, and Celes contemplating how fun it would be to jump off a cliff. There, I just gave you the entire thing.
    The translations of FFVI arn't that bad, but there's still plenty of parts in the game that are strange or corny enough to make a good parody of. Example: (SPOILER)The citizens of Doma all drinking the poisoned water, not seeming to realize that GLOWING PURPLE WATER = BAD. Not to mention just about everything Ultros says.

WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THIS
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a great line but it was mentioned earlier in the thread which sort of takes some of the surprise out of it. If you like a certain cheesy part of the game it's most likely to see the finished episodes if there is no external references to it.

Same reason I didn't put a You Spoony Bard! image in there.

Episode II - "Cid is da bomb"

Golbez may not put his words together in a clear or coherent manner, but since the lights have dimmed we can safely assume that this is a threat. Better think of something fast!

Whew!

Well, that was convenient, unfortunately the Red Wings are after you in hot pursuit and catching up fast! With everything on the line, Cid decides to sacrifice his life so that you can make a safe escape.

Yang somehow stopped a supercannon by locking himself in the room with it, and Cid rebuilds a mountain by jumping out of an airship and blowing himself to pieces... right

Never said it had to make sense, but it's damn funny to watch.

And it assures us a sweet new ride in the near future.

Sorry Kain, I'm sure if Cid knew you were so concerned he would have killed himself in a much safer way.

Did he give that order before or after he fell to his exploding death?

I have no idea what the hell that means.

Yang and Cid...

THANK YOU!

Again, your new vehicle capability only allows you to go to one new area in the entire world. That must be the next destination.

And what a way to start it off.

This is probably the least interesting "town" in the whole of Final Fantasy IV, if you even have the nerve to call it a town.

Even the Namingway in this place gets on my nerves. If I were you, I would hurry on as soon as you possibly can.

There is much better things to experience in the cave following anyway, for instance:

I guess it wasn't the monsters who brought this one down.

After a few battles and other soldiers who felt the wrath of the temperamental prince, it's finally time to meet him.

And boy oh boy does he suck

Pwned.

Aww, cheer up there Rydia, we have awesome vehicles to compensate for all of them! That hook was more useful than Cid ever was.

Heal up Edge and start heading up the Tower of Bab-il... Again.

Poor kid... I don't know if it's worse that his parents have been turned into horrible beasts or that they improperly use "the" in their threats against him.

Can't say I blame him for being so angry, although I'm not sure I'd ever make that noise.

But wait... There is something Rubicant doesn't know about Edge. When in a rage, he gains unspeakable powers!

And it does erm... -376 damage...

No matter, the members of your team who are actually worth the space in your party will take Rubicant out without a problem.

Don't worry Edge, your father's death was not in vain...

TO BE CONTINUED!
    (Two handsome princes as permanent characters, good lord)

It rocks like always. Especially "The Incredible power"-part from Edge is great

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

The Demon of Elements

Maybe Edge should've thought to wait until Rubicant took his cloak off.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Pwned"

Love it!
    Figaro Castle