Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College Basketball 2004-2005

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    Why can't you fault Roy Williams for his very talented team underperforming?
    Because you can't fault him for taking over players who are use to Doherty's play it safe system. Roy Williams teams have always been known as risk it all offensive teams. It costs him some games, but it works great if you have a lot of talent...which he does. If Roy Williams had these players from the start, you'd see a different outcome.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

so then why don't you get how UNC can be so bad?

so then why don't you get how UNC can be so bad?
    Because they have more talent, both coaching and player, to be able to lose to Santa Clara.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

well, they must not have tried very hard. Maybe Roy Williams knew they would lose but didn't coach them so hard in hopes the loss would wake the team up? Or maybe he just didn't motivate them very well. Or maybe they aren't as talented as we think.

Or maybe Santa Clara is a lot better than we are giving them credit for being.

well, they must not have tried very hard. Maybe Roy Williams knew they would lose but didn't coach them so hard in hopes the loss would wake the team up? Or maybe he just didn't motivate them very well. Or maybe they aren't as talented as we think.

Or maybe Santa Clara is a lot better than we are giving them credit for being.
    If Santa Clara goes to the NCAAs, I'll...well, eh. I just know they won't.

But Wakeforest jumped Kansas for the #1 spot. First time in school history. That's 6 ACC teams now. Florida State, Clemson, and Maryland are the only original ACC schools never to have a #1 ranking. However, Maryland's 23 #2 rankings are the most of any school in the nation without a #1 ranking.

But trust me, UNC is very talented...they're talented every year. Even the 8-20 year. I look for Maryland to finish 3rd behind Wakeforest and UNC for the league regular season title. Either Wake or N.C. State will grab the ACC Postseason Tournament title.

go UCONN!
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height