Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112162656 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Tactics Trivia!

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Does that mean I get to go now? Lessee...

What special sword skills does Zalbag have?

Default Zalbag= Agrias + Meliadoul

I just rememeber him saying something about 'even the strongest knight is no match for...' (<-partial quote. I don't know the exact phrase, and I didn't want to give away too much).that mushroom that causes the other mushrooms to grow on his grave
    I believe it was called (SPOILER)'mosfungus'...
    I can't say for sure, but I think brother Zalbag is an Arc Knight with:
    Magic Ruin, Power Ruin, Speed Ruin, and Mind Ruin ...but as I'm not at that battle right now, I can't say for sure. So I'll hold off on asking a question until BTV can confirm... There is another question still up for grabs...(hint: the Holy Dragon is really better known by another name... and she's a she... )
    Last edited by Despotus; 12-01-2004 at 05:50 PM.
    Anarcho-syndicalism is a way of preserving freedom...

Quote Originally Posted by Despotus
    Hey Jolts! When you come back, feel free to ask a question.
    In the meantime...
    Prince Goltana was the King's cousin, guess that would make him the Queen's cousin-in-law, or is it just cousin, or second cousin...
    And Prince Larg is easier...he was her older brother. They were both appointed guardians to the 2-year-old prince after the King's death. Prince Goltana was appointed by the parliament, and I imagine Prince Larg was appointed by the royal family.
    You are right about their relationships to the Queen, however, only Larg was appointed regent to the 2-year old prince. Goltana was trying to use Ovelia to control the country, and Larg was using Orinas (the baby).

And the question about the Holy Dragon is Goland Coal City, and the Dragon's name is Reis, Beowulf's wife.

Feion
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

That's right, Goland Coal City! The Ghost of Colliery rumor is the first time you'll hear of the Holy Dragon, better known as Reis
    Go Feion!!!!!!!

Default I've got one!

Okay! So where do you go to have Reis changed into a human again & what do you have to do to get to that point? (This should take you a while.) (Oh man am I good or what!) Hint: You get one of the most powerful characters in the game while doing this quest for Reis & Beowolf.
    Tee Hee Hee (Thanks)-
    BudSoda02

Default MAD SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BudSoda02
    Okay! So where do you go to have Reis changed into a human again & what do you have to do to get to that point? (This should take you a while.) (Oh man am I good or what!) Hint: You get one of the most powerful characters in the game while doing this quest for Reis & Beowolf.
    Tee Hee Hee (Thanks)-
    BudSoda02
    You have to do many things, so the answer to this question is much longer than the question. First, you have to find Reis, which a few battles in itself (acquire Reis the Dragon and Beowulf), then you have to go to Goug and speak with Besrodio about the steel ball he found, then you have to go up to Neveskla Temple (near Zarghidas Trade City) and fight Worker 7, and then Reis the dragon becomes Reis the Dragoner (a human), and then you return to Goug with this new stone, and I believe it summons Cloud, or activates Worker 8. I don't really remember.

I dont' know that any of those four characters (Reis, Beowulf, Cloud, Worker 8) are really great. I mean, Orlandu is WAYYYYYYYYY better, as is Ramza, if you make him a monk. I found more use for Agrias and Mustadio than I did for Reis, Beowulf or Worker 8. I only leveled up Cloud because I was curious what his limit breaks looked like, so I could compare them to FF7, and it really wasn't worth it.

Speaking of useless characters, Rafa and Malak suck.

Next question:

Are there any special characters who are more useless than Rafa and Malak?

Just kidding, here's the real next question:

What are the Temple Knights, who do they work for, and what do they do? Even I'm confused about that one.

Feion
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Considering Beowulf is the only Temple Knight you meet in the game, it's hard to say if they're a non-generic class like Engineers or a special elite group like the Hokuten Knights. I suspect they're both.

Since Reis was cursed by a Priest and also based on their title, I suspect that Temple Knights work for the Murond Temple. It would make sense that the church would need bodyguards.

Simply put, Temple Knights can use their swords to instantly cast a wide range of negative status effects, similar to the sword mages of earlier FFs. Most of the spells are also ones that Oracles can cast, although Beowulf has a few of his own, like chicken.

BTW, I consider Beowulf invauble for exploring Deep Dungeon since he can disable opponents as the party treasure hunts and looks for the random exits.

Assuming my answer is adequate, my question is: What is 'Little Carrot'?

Hint: it involves (SPOILER) a proposition.
    Last edited by BG-57; 12-02-2004 at 12:49 AM.

Man, why a little girl would have a pet Morbol named Little Carrot is the real stumper... wouldn't the vicious thing get tired of eating carrots one day and make a morsel of its mini-mistress? :rabite:
    Assuming I got that one, and B.T.Void's question about Zalbag:
    2PartQ: What's the last Guts skill you can get for Ramza? And how do you get it? :chop:

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I recall seeing this earlier, where Zalbag actually has special sword skills that are like the Knight's Power Break, Magic Break, Speed Break, etc., but he doesn't use them for some reason. However, I cannot seem to find the info anymore, but I do recall if you check his skills when he is fighting with you it will say the names. I'll just invalidate that question though since I can't back it up.

And to answer Despotus's question, the final guts is Ultima, and it must be cast on you, either by an Assassin (i.e. Celia or Lede) or by an Ultima Demon, or by the last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57
    Considering Beowulf is the only Temple Knight you meet in the game, it's hard to say if they're a non-generic class like Engineers or a special elite group like the Hokuten Knights. I suspect they're both.
    Um, I was referring to the Temple Knights, such as Vormac, Rofel, Izlude, Balk, Meliadoul, and (kinda) Delita. I mean, those green guys that you constantly encounter. I know there's one that I'm missing, one that really has no explanation, but he's just kinda there. I think you fight him in Orbonne.

Feion
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Despotus PMed me and said that I had gotten his question right so I shall go now.

What spells from the Oracle, Time Mage, Wizard and Priest CANNOT be calculated?

Well, I know you can't calculate any of the 'level 4' spells, so that's Wizard: Ice 4, Fire 4, Bolt 4, and Priest: Cure 4, there's also no need for Protect 2 and Shell 2 because they are just the normal P/S spells with a larger area of effect, same goes for the Time Mage's Haste 2 and Slow 2, Quick and Meteor are also out because they just wouldn't be practical if they effected a lot of characters. And eventhough it would be AWESOME!!!, the vampiric Oracle abilities Spell Absorb and Life Drain are not in the Calculator's arsenal
    :rolleyes2 Can't think of a decent question right now... Somebody else go ahead
    Last edited by Despotus; 12-02-2004 at 08:19 AM.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haste 2, Protect 2, and Shell 2 actually do have an extended duration and can effect a higher altitude, but that wasn't the question so while some of your explanation was faulty, it was indeed correct.

Default Well I think worker 8's awesome!

Well when I had worker 8, I got him up to level 99,(it's not too hard. He levels up fairly quickly) Almost all of his attacks at level 99 are almost always critical at 999 damage points (unless you're fighting a baddy like bloody angel then it's around 500.) & his non-criticals are around 850 damage points, making him one of the most useful characters. He also has some nice (but few) skills. Cloud is fairly useless in the skills department, although his last skill is super-strong (Omnislash),so it's best to learn just that skill (It takes a lot of job points) and turn him into a time mage with the sword equip as a secondary skill, & have him learn stop, so he can stop the desired opponent. This is if you have his Materia Blade. (If you have Ice Swords, it will attach that automatically, if you have it in stock. It weirdly a bit stronger. Most of the FF games have it as a lower level weapon.) So just equip the materia blade manually to get him charge his Omnislash attack. (By the way Cloud's materia blade is his Ultimate Weapon one.) This attack takes a long time to charge up. So that's the reason to make him a time mage, on top of the time mages other (awesome) skills. Otherwise, normal attacks are around 575, & the critical goes from 800-999 depending on oppenent. Weirdly, it's boss characters his critical attacks are stronger on. Most of the time anyway. I've got another one for you. How do you trigger the Aeris-Cloud seens? Also what does Cloud say at the end of those series of events?
    Thanks again- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by BudSoda02
    Well when I had worker 8, I got him up to level 99,(it's not too hard. He levels up fairly quickly) Almost all of his attacks at level 99 are almost always critical at 999 damage points (unless you're fighting a baddy like bloody angel then it's around 500.) & his non-criticals are around 850 damage points, making him one of the most useful characters. He also has some nice (but few) skills. Cloud is fairly useless in the skills department, although his last skill is super-strong (Omnislash),so it's best to learn just that skill (It takes a lot of job points) and turn him into a time mage with the sword equip as a secondary skill, & have him learn stop, so he can stop the desired opponent. This is if you have his Materia Blade. (If you have Ice Swords, it will attach that automatically, if you have it in stock. It weirdly a bit stronger. Most of the FF games have it as a lower level weapon.) So just equip the materia blade manually to get him charge his Omnislash attack. (By the way Cloud's materia blade is his Ultimate Weapon one.) This attack takes a long time to charge up. So that's the reason to make him a time mage, on top of the time mages other (awesome) skills. Otherwise, normal attacks are around 575, & the critical goes from 800-999 depending on oppenent. Weirdly, it's boss characters his critical attacks are stronger on. Most of the time anyway. I've got another one for you. How do you trigger the Aeris-Cloud seens? Also what does Cloud say at the end of those series of events?
    Thanks again- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com
    Cloud's last skill is Cherry Blossom, not Omnislash. And as far as worker 8 goes, you're right that he gets powerful, but he's not that much fun to use. He's nice if you're just looking to bash the enemy without doing anything cool, but if you wanna steal or invite or do any of those other things that you might want to do, Worker 8 just isn't useful, nor is any other animal.

With one exception for me. I had all of my guys away on a proposition and all I had was Ramza and four chocobos, of mixed colors. Man, those chocobos saved my a** big time on that one.

Feion
    SELF PROMOTING SIG