Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I like to shave my moogle

Default I like to shave my moogle

I rented this game for 3 days. After reading so many reviews and opinions I decided that, if I was going to have a biased opinion of the game, I should at least check it out for myself. Not only was I asounded by the eye candy and the soundtrack, but the controls weren't half as bad as some people seem to make it out to be. Haven't played with my SP yet (no wire for it), though.

One of the things I found that was absolutely awesome was being able to give your moogle a makeover, I spent over an hour decorating him, stabbing him in the eye with the scissors, ect. Then I thought, "What would he look like with no hair?" so I started trimming. The answer? Not all that different, really, but it's kinda fun.

Doesn't seem like there's much of a point to all this so I'll repeat the title: I like to shave my moogle. Sometimes painting it is ok, but nothing feels better than a shaved moogle.

How do you like your moogle? :mog:

I like my moogle verry hairy

:: is seriously disturbed by what conversation shall arise in here...rememebers FFIX topic of zidane and pillos...O.o ::

Er...sorry,i dont believe i know what the heck your talking about.Shaving moogles?!WHa?

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

I think at one point I clipped and clipped my moogle, but he never got completely clean shaven. Just real patchy. (I stopped when I felt guilty from his nervous and apprehensive kupoing.)

Is it actually possible to turn your moogle into a hairless Chinese dog look-a-like?

is seriously disturbed by what conversation shall arise in here
    Ya think? That was kinda the point between the lines, or fur, as it were... I was tired of the "this games suxxors because of the name and the GBA and the no-button-map" threads I've read here and there about the net, wanted to lighten it up here at my favorite one

Is it actually possible to turn your moogle into a hairless Chinese dog look-a-like?
    You know I tried and tried to get every single hair but it just wouldn't happen. I suppose you may not be able to shave it totally clean, but if it's mostly shaven and you wash all the paint off then noone can tell from a distance, or in the dark

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've only played FFCC in multiplayer, and you can only make-over a moogle in single-player. Sounds fun though.

You know I was curious if there was even a point to decorating your moogle so I looked it up on the net and, sure enough, there is. Seems that his color dictates 2 things: What spells he'll use in tandem with yours (if you let him drop the chalice to fight), as well as which of the special screens you will get on your GBA. Also, the length of his hair has purpose, in that it affects how soon he gets tired. Cut it short for hot, arid climates and leave it long for dark, cold, and/or damp zones. Nice little suprise to me when I read it. Woulda caught it right away if I had a wire to connect my SP, though

Wish I still had the link to where I read that, I found it while I was bored and testing a network station installation at school. Think it was in one of the FAQs at GameFaqs.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It also dictates what map you're going to see if you plug a gba in the second slot.
    White: normal (blue map): shows the layout/doors
    Red: Monster (red map): monsters appear as haircrosses, boss appears as a red haircross
    Blue: Treasure (green map): Shows the chests and the boss as little boxes and a haircross
    Green: Scout (yellow screen): shows the information about the last monster hit (HP, weakpoints, attacks...)

And then there is Death

Heheh... I said that... but not in nearly as much helpful detail. Hrmmm.... This makes me want to buy that cable somewhat, although I haven't decided yet if this game is worth owning or just a rental for me, since I don't really know anyone who would play multiplayer with me.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

You can't completely shave him, all you can do is trim his fur so that it isn't as matted and dread-locked.

If he's hairy he gets tired quickly in hot places, like Mount Kilanda and the desert.
    If he's shaven he gets tired quickly in cold places, like Selepation Cave.

Other than, he's fine.

I haven't really bothered snipping at my moogle's hair. I've spray painted him, though.
    don't u θink? i 罠 β wiθ u

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I spray painted a red target on his butt.

my moogle is currently red and blue, but before it had the words "DIE KUPO" on it. . . :mog:
    SimpLe and cLean is the way that you're making me feeL tonight

i trimmed my moogle until it looked like a french poodle