Thread: Question concerning the Star Ocean series

Default Question concerning the Star Ocean series

Question: Are the games in the Star Ocean series at all connected to each other, or are they like Final Fantasies and share only their names? Or are they like games that take place in the same world but don't share common storylines?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

They're mildly related. I cant speak for 3, but in 2, for example, the main character was the son of one of the characters from the first one. Other than that, the stories arent super connected.

Oh.

And I forgot Enix is part of Square now. Weird.

edit: I just started the game (the second one), and HOW DID I GET TELEPORTED HERE??
    Last edited by -N-; 11-04-2004 at 02:32 AM.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

They are related.

In the 3rd Star Ocean game, they talk of the planet Expel, which is the main world from Star Ocean 2. They talk of Expellians and how they joined the Federation, so this must have been quite some time after Star Ocean 2 took place.

SO2 and SO3 Final boss spoilers:

(SPOILER)I also noticed a few similarities regarding the Wise Men and Luther. Luther looks extremely similar to Cyril from Star Ocean 2. More uncanny is the fact that they both have the same Japanese last name, Lucifer. What's even more horrific is that they both have the same wings attached to them during their fights. There might be a similarity between Cyril and Luther.

If you take it further, Cyril from SO2 refers to Indalecio as a faulty program. Hmmmm.... He might mean that because Indalecio is a cyborg, or he might mean that as if he is speaking as if he is really Luther. It is not uncommon for Sphere employees to project themselves into the Eternal Sphere and tinker around with the data, so maybe Luther messed around a bit as one of the Wise Men.

Just my theory anyway.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.