Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE4 Port

Gabecube is good, and so is playstation. More people own a playstation so its more favored.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    B****** 'nuff said.
    I'm so sick and tired of hearing about the PS2 superiority, the Game
    Cube
    is just as good, and the selection of games are original.
    You dumbass. Did you even read what I put? I said I would get the game for the cube a year earlier and that it will have better graphics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    I like the ability to be able say, "Hey, PS2 and Xbox fans...lookit this! I get an all-exclusive awesome title that you'll never be able to play!" That's the way it is with the cube games, really.

I got no problem with it, I guess. I really think the GC version will be superior to the PS2, though.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    You know why you always hear about the PS2? Today I read that 74 million PS2s have been sold world-wide, with 15.5 million Xboxes and 14.5 million GameCubes.

The fact that there are 5 PS2 owners to every GameCube user might explain why you hear so much about it. I've shown similar statistics to Nintendo fans, who either deny them or claim it's because the PS2 was out for longer (Which OK is a fair point, but I doubt it sold 60 million in 2 years)

Sony has won the console war, and all Nintendo fans can do is accept it, rather than whine on and on, so I can't blame Capcom for porting RE4 to the PS2.
    Cumulative Installed Base (NPD update as of September 04... so this is just North America)
    PS2: 24,433,000
    Xbox: 9,367,000
    GCN: 7,672,000
    GBA: 22,579,000

Being it that PS2 and GBA sell great worldwide, Xbox sells like baked sh*t in Japan, and GC has 2nd place console sales there, so your figures can't be nearly that accurate.

You should add 25% to all those numbers because NPD doesn't include Walmart.

X-BOX flopped in Japan, and it just so happens most companies are japanese so x-box is a no-no. PS2 sold more but gamecube has better graphics and power etc.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    You should add 25% to all those numbers because NPD doesn't include Walmart.

o_O Really? Are you sure about that? I'm sure they account for a lot of sales... wow, why aren't they in the official numbers?

NPD can't take into account private companies(companies that are not publicly traded on the stock market) with out that company making their numbers public for people to view. If they are publicly traded like say Best Buy then their numbers must be made public by law.

Since Walmart is still privatly owned they don't have to release their numbers and they choose not to.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    The fact that there are 5 PS2 owners to every GameCube user might explain why you hear so much about it..
    You fail to realize that there are people that own a PS2, a GameCube, and/or an XBox, so that asumption is false.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto
    You fail to realize that there are people that own a PS2, a GameCube, and/or an XBox, so that asumption is false.
    But I did take that into account, as that's still 5 more people who can talk about PS2 and its games for every 1 who talks about the GameCube.

And I don't know about those stats that Chzn8r posted, but I DO know that Sony was said to be anticipating its 75,000,000th sale (And the source was a Teletext page, which is usually accurate, and gives good unbiased reviews - GTA SA and the Wind Waker got 8/10, for example) and 32 million of them had come in the USA, so some stats have to be wrong, or they may be talking about different things.