Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE4 Port

Default RE4 Port

Yup, Resident Evil 4 is being ported to PS2, And alot of Gamecube owners seem to become quiet childish over this.

[COLOR=PaleGreen]PS2 port of RE4...NEVER!!
    I don't know who to believe but Nintendo, who says that it will be a GameCube Exclusive. And on the game box (just like other exclusive games for GameCube) it says "ONLY FOR" (then you know) NINTENDO GAMECUBE!

Hope they cancel it,,,,,
    You know re 4 on ps2 , i hope they cancel it, you heard what capcom said when they announce resident evil 4 for the GameCube, ( EXCLUSIVE ) OMG EXCLUSIVE...... And now, If this continue like this ( LIE ) Then Ps2 will take over the hole GC re series... Nooooooooooooooooo

This is really annoying, really for betray and lie for us... Capcom this is a word for you guys: Stop lying, not fun not good, and by the way, dont steal money from nintendo OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
    [COLOR]

Im glad of the port, and Altough its a contraversial game in itself due to its new theme that pretty much kicks most old resident evils out, It seems these people have become spoilt and babys.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Hey, they sell it on more ports, more people buy the game, Capcom makes more money. Those who don't own a GameCube might be able to play the game, and the game series gets more attention from gamers. Everyone wins, I really don't see the problem here.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Ohh well. I guess I will just have to get the GC version about a year earlier and play the game with superior graphics. Sure sucks to own a cube.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Capcom did the same thing with Viewtiful Joe.

I don't see the problem with it, but I was 100% sure that they made the game exclusive to GameCube at the time of release. But hey, they probably want gamers who only own a PS2 to experience the game, so everyone wins... except for those whiny Nintendo fanboys/girls.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

They need to grow up, fanage is good I suppose but that extreme is just dumb, everyone wins accept x-box but that sucks anyway.

No way. X-Box + Rainbow Six 3 + X-Box Live= Heaven.

On top of that this isn't a hardcore videogame forum. No one here is really going to come in here and throw a hissy fit.

And the reason alot of people here are more mature.

NAH! There is a time and place for stuff like that and this is definiatly not the place...and the time was about 2 days ago

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Sure sucks to own a cube.
    Tell me about it.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the ability to be able say, "Hey, PS2 and Xbox fans...lookit this! I get an all-exclusive awesome title that you'll never be able to play!" That's the way it is with the cube games, really.

I got no problem with it, I guess. I really think the GC version will be superior to the PS2, though.

I'm a bit disappointed... I mean... usually I'm all for ports; sharing the wealth is great! However, on a system like the Cube, exclusives are VERY important... especially a showpiece like RE4. Also, Capcom repeatedly stated that RE4 would in no way be going to the PS2... even recently! They were very, very, very adamant about it when asked, so everyone thought that they were serious, which is why this announement comes such a surprise. Also, their timing on the announcement was a little strange. They should have waited until it was closer to the release date before their announcement... But yea... I think it was because they were saying, for years, that there was no way in hell RE4 would go to any other console but the Cube. If you remember, the same thing happened to Tales of Symphonia, but the backlash wasn't nearly as severe because Namco never said anything about not porting the title.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Ohh well. I guess I will just have to get the GC version about a year earlier and play the game with superior graphics. Sure sucks to own a cube.
    Owned.

Blog Entries

Sure sucks to own a cube.
    B****** 'nuff said.
    I'm so sick and tired of hearing about the PS2 superiority, the Game
    Cube
    is just as good, and the selection of games are original.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    B****** 'nuff said.
    Cube
    You know why you always hear about the PS2? Today I read that 74 million PS2s have been sold world-wide, with 15.5 million Xboxes and 14.5 million GameCubes.

The fact that there are 5 PS2 owners to every GameCube user might explain why you hear so much about it. I've shown similar statistics to Nintendo fans, who either deny them or claim it's because the PS2 was out for longer (Which OK is a fair point, but I doubt it sold 60 million in 2 years)

Sony has won the console war, and all Nintendo fans can do is accept it, rather than whine on and on, so I can't blame Capcom for porting RE4 to the PS2.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    B****** 'nuff said.
    Cube
    Actually, I always hear the exact opposite. PS2 constantly getting bashed and Gamecube being "original" and "better"...hmm.

Personally, the PS2 is the only console I even touch anymore. I also own a Gamecube but it sits up on my closet shelf in it's box, never to be played.