Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FFXII SUMMONS

i bet in FF:XII we would probely see these summons

Ifrit
    Shiva
    Ramuh
    Odin
    Alexander

those are some of the summons i could see returning.

(although i would like to see Anima and Doomtrain also make a comebackas well)
    " the friends we have lost or dreams that have faded..........

.......Never forget them"

twinblades of the gun, within these instruments beats the heart of Sword. a phantom man in a red tattered cloak with twin gunblades and a scar under his left eye.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I think that if the boys down at the FF camp ever sat down and voted on which summon to never use again, it would be doomtrain.
    Well, if I was a FF camp boy I would.
    But I'm not.

In any case, Alexander is one that I would like to see, especially if they stick with the Avatar form of summoning.

Also it would pleasure me to no end to say good-bye to shiva and ifrit. just for one game, just one.

Default Aeons?

I really think there should be aeons! expecially shiva, she is my favorite. Yojimbo and Odin were completely useless if you ask me, so i hope that no one like them are there! Shiva kicked arse if you ask me in ff 10 it was bad that they had to kill her in x-2... so sad, oh yeah i want ifrit in there, along with siren (ff 8)

Ifrit, and Shiva are a given as well as Bahamut i'm sure. But, i would really like to see a wind element summoning in FF XII. Sure ff7, and 8 had them but they weren't that great.
    "geroeen, pulsa nyet, tolska tanee pre chem"
    "Beauty is a perception tainted by ego;
    Love is an extension of great emotion;
    Fear is the result of uncertainty;
    Sadness is a collection of misery."

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually think that summoning should be better defined from other magics like it is in FFX. In most FF games summons are expensive spells with flashy, time-consuming animations that do about as much damage as some of your magic spells, I much prefered where they actually fought for you until defeated. I do think an MP cost of some sort should be used though.

Personally I think the only summons comming to FFXII will be the ones shown

1) Adrammelech
    2) Velius
    3) Kuream
    4) Altima
    5) Ifrit

5 Summons for the 5 Races, FFTactics style. The above list are only guses from the released screenshots of summons. http://www.ffxiionline.com/main.php?ffxii=9 - scroll down to almost the very bottom.

Let Square don't hear you, Spritz. I hope there are -at least- 20 summons. I still think there are way too few summons in FFX...
    Let's see...the ones I personally want are:

-Bahamut (obviously)
    -Alexander
    -Leviathan
    -Ifrit
    -Shiva
    -Quetzacoatl (though I think this is gonna be Ramuh)
    -Maduin
    -Odin (with real attacks please, not only one-hit killing-or missing- ones)
    -Gilgamesh
    -Carbuncle
    -A new one that looks like Anima
    -Titan
    -Diablos

And I entrust the rest to Square...I hope there're cool new ones...

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Not that "Ifrit" is too much better. It's second only to "Ramuh" as the name that most misleads people who look at it into using an incorrect pronounciation.
    Ifrit, Afrit Efreet, Afreet, Ifreet are all valid spellings... 'Ifrit' is just less common.[q=princeofdarknez]I thought it was Jinn in FFIV... or was that just a crappy translation?[/q]Jin, Jinn or Djinn are different spellings for what is known in English as a Genie; an Ifrit is a kind of Djinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spritz
    Personally I think the only summons comming to FFXII will be the ones shown

1) Adrammelech
    2) Velius
    3) Kuream
    4) Altima
    5) Ifrit

5 Summons for the 5 Races, FFTactics style. The above list are only guses from the released screenshots of summons. http://www.ffxiionline.com/main.php?ffxii=9 - scroll down to almost the very bottom.
    That'd be kinda hard to pull off seeing as you don't get a Bangaa, Moogle, or Nu Mou character in your party (as far as I'm aware at least).

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    That'd be kinda hard to pull off seeing as you don't get a Bangaa, Moogle, or Nu Mou character in your party (as far as I'm aware at least).
    As far as I'm aware, SE has had non-playable characters perform summoning abilitys before. Also, I remember seeing screenshots of your party fighting Bangaa opponents, so why not Moogle (I'd retreat if I came up against a moogle, too cute! ;_; ) and Nu Mou too?

I also remember this Ivalice being the same as the FFT Ivalice. There must have been a plot-worthy reason behind how all races or those 5 people are able to summon all the avalable summons in FFXII unlike previous instance where the world of Ivalice is invloved.

I think i made sense. >.>;

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Spritz
    I also remember this Ivalice being the same as the FFT Ivalice.
    First, I think you meant FFTA for that your statements to make sense. Second, my understanding is that there are similairities between all the Ivalice worlds, FFT, FFTA and FFXII and Vagrant Story (I think), but they all stand on their own as different places.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Bahamut must be in EVERY FF!!!
    Amen to that!!!

they should have different forms of summons like they did with bahamut in 7...one to fight with...(FFX) and others to just to their moves like in previous FF's before 10.....what do u think?

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I think that they have to go one way or the other. Mixing it would make some summons would have unfair advantages. I say it should go back to the old summons, they come, blow stuff up and leave.

As long as Bahamut is in it I am happy... I mean he is the first... if anyone has the first Final... did you notice who knighted you... Bahamut...

as far as I know, Genie comes from the plural, Djinni.

And, um, how does one mispronounce Ramuh?