Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FFXII SUMMONS

wasnt there a summon called pandemonium in final fantasy 8 who was pretty useless??
    he came from the sky sucked up you enemy and then spat them out.
    your idea for an evil castle nega-alexander does sound sweet though!

i would want to see

bahamut (ofcourse you cant make a ff without him)
    ifrit(see bahamut)
    shiva(same)
    valefor (i like flying)
    tritoch (see valefor)
    famfrit (looked cool in ffta)
    mateus (see famfrit
    anima( got something with ffx aeons)
    yojimbo (see anima)
    phoenix( another flying)
    raiden (just cool in ffVI

NO ALEXANDER if that biatch is in it im not going to play it because in every game hes in he has to be at least a bit more powerfull then bahmut ffs even in bahmuts own game (bahmuts lagoon) theres an alexander that is stronger

and i would prefer ffx sumoning style (id like to control raiden and mateus for once)
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Quote Originally Posted by anima977
    wasnt there a summon called pandemonium in final fantasy 8 who was pretty useless??
    he came from the sky sucked up you enemy and then spat them out.
    your idea for an evil castle nega-alexander does sound sweet though!
    There was a wind-elemental GF called Pandemona in FFVIII, so called because they didn't have enough space to fit in Pandemonium as the name. Pandemona, as far as I know, has no basis in literature or mythology. I probably should have mentioned Pandemona when I was speculating, but there's no real connection between the ideas.

Thanks. It probably won't happen, but it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by taliz
    NO ALEXANDER if that biatch is in it im not going to play it because in every game hes in he has to be at least a bit more powerfull then bahmut ffs even in bahmuts own game (bahmuts lagoon) theres an alexander that is stronger
    Well, you can argue either way for Bahamut or Alexander in FFVI. Bahamut ZERO is certainly more powerful than Alexander in FFVII, as is Neo Bahamut. Even Bahamut in VII gets the advantage of "unblockable damage." Bahamut in FFVIII is more powerful than that game's incarnation of Alexander. If Alexander would appear in FFXII, that doesn't really mean it will be more powerful.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    The spelling would make you think it's "rah-muh," but it's actually "rah-moo." Also see: Son Gokuh.
    Really? When I first played FFVII I pronounced it Rah-moo, but then every started saying "OMFGZ IT'S ROM - UH!" So now I'm stuck pronouncing it like that. =\

Beyond Fantasy Sephiroths Clone's Avatar

http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=game/summons has a couple of summons for FFXII like ultima and adrammalech(think i spelled that wrong) but u guys should check it out

Made by me

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    Really? When I first played FFVII I pronounced it Rah-moo, but then every started saying "OMFGZ IT'S ROM - UH!" So now I'm stuck pronouncing it like that. =\
    Poor guy.

You know since they are putting in Andrammalech it's doubful that they'll also include Bahamut as a summon. Two different dragon looking summons might be a bit overkill(with the exception of 7, but that was just Bahamut getting bigger). Although i'm not saying that Bahamut won't be in the game, it's just doubtful he'll be a summon

Its all in the roll of the dice.

I find it interesting that Velius is among the summons that have been confirmed. This leads me to believe that we may see another summon in FFXII that follows a certain pattern. What is that pattern? Consider the following.

A number of bosses or powerful enemies have been promoted to summons in recent games. For example, Sacred and Minotaur (Brothers GF, FFVIII) were originally in FFV (you may remember fighting Minotaurus for Holy). FFVIII also included the GF Gilgamesh (originally Ex-Death's lackey in FFV). FFIX had Atomos, originally a boss in FFV, as an Eidolon. FFX saw Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters as Aeons. Yojimbo was originally an enemy in FFV (notable since the rare Strato katana could be stolen from one). The Magus Sisters originally appeared as a boss in FFIV (they had Delta Attack then, too). Garuda (or Garula), a boss in FFV, is the name of a summon in FFXI (Online). I could even list one like Siren (an Esper in FFVI and a GF in FFVIII, who originally appeared as a boss at the end of the Ship Graveyard in FFV), although I would hesitate to do so because Siren is multiple-appearance summon.

Even the Totema of FFTA were all originally bosses; Ultima was FFT's Altima (the final boss); Adrammalech was FFT's Adramelk (a boss; Adramelk should have been Adrammalech); Exodus was FFV's Ex-Death, Mateus was FFII's Emperor of Palamecia, and Famfrit is related to FFIII's Dark Cloud.

For the purpose of the concept I'm forming, I'm ignoring summons like Cactuar and Tonberry in FFVIII, or Bomb in FFIV, which are ubiquitous enemies. I'm also ignoring summons like Lich (FFT), which appeared in FFI only to reemerge a boss in FFIX.

In any case, Velius has appeared only once in the series thus far; he was a demon of the Lucavi in FFT (his host was Wiegraf; his related Zodiac Stone was Aries, the ram). Velius seems to be the latest example of boss-to-summon promotion, so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised to see another enemy promoted to summon status in FFXII. Based on previous patterns, I expect that we may see a boss from FFV (look at the examples) or an enemy from FFT (Velius already has been promoted, as has Adrammalech). If an FFV boss is a summon, I speculate it might be Biblos. If an FFT enemy appears as a FFXII summon, I would assume a Lucavi demon (like Velius or 'Adramelk') would be it. Hence, I wouldn't be surprised to see Queklain, Zalera, or Hashmalum promoted to summon status.
    Last edited by Masamune·1600; 07-22-2005 at 04:52 PM.

Good point masamune. While I knew exactly where all of the summons came from, I never thought that deeply about it.

If I were to guess, at least one or two original summons from FFX will make a reappearance, or a boss from FFX (Nemesis as a summon? Bwahaha). But all these FT references are obviously because of the overwhelming influence of members from the FFT developement team. While I am not too fond of FFTA AT ALL, I still like the references, and I think there will most definitely be a few FFT summons.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by masamune1600
    Garuda (or Garula), a boss in FFV, is the name of a summon in FFXI (Online).
    Garuda is a bird creature, and Garula is a mammoth creature. They have nothing to do with each other. Garuda was a major boss in FFIII, though.
    Even the Totema of FFTA were all originally bosses; Ultima was FFT's Altima (the final boss); Andrammalech was FFT's Adramelk (a boss; Adramelk should have been Andrammalech); Exodus was FFV's Ex-Death, Mateus was FFII's Emperor of Palamecia, and Famfrit is related to FFIII's Dark Cloud.
    I still oppose this idea. I mean, sure, Ultima and Adrammelech are obvious reappearances since they have the same names and similar forms to their previous incarnations. Exodus is most likely a reference to Ex-Death since they both have tree-like forms, but their names are different, so at the most I'd call this a reference and not a reappearance of the same entity. Famfreet and Mateus, however, are nothing like the Cloud of Darkness and the Paramekian Emperor. Seriously, there's not a single similarity that I can see.

Garuda (or Garula), a boss in FFV, is the name of a summon in FFXI (Online).
    Garuda is a bird creature, and Garula is a mammoth creature. They have nothing to do with each other. Garuda was a major boss in FFIII, though.
    You're absolutely right. I was just pointing out the similarity in names, as Garula has been translated (perhaps mistakenly; I know you would know) as Garuda. I was even sure to point out that it was simply a name, becuase I figured someone might point out the differences between the two. As it is, I simply wanted show that the name, at least, was recycled in the manner of the other examples.

Bringing up Garuda as a boss in FFIII was also a good point. I wanted, however, to emphasize the FFV connections in order for the conjecture in the final paragraph.

Even the Totema of FFTA were all originally bosses; Ultima was FFT's Altima (the final boss); Andrammalech was FFT's Adramelk (a boss; Adramelk should have been Andrammalech); Exodus was FFV's Ex-Death, Mateus was FFII's Emperor of Palamecia, and Famfrit is related to FFIII's Dark Cloud.
    I still oppose this idea. I mean, sure, Ultima and Adrammelech are obvious reappearances since they have the same names and similar forms to their previous incarnations. Exodus is most likely a reference to Ex-Death since they both have tree-like forms, but their names are different, so at the most I'd call this a reference and not a reappearance of the same entity. Famfreet and Mateus, however, are nothing like the Cloud of Darkness and the Paramekian Emperor. Seriously, there's not a single similarity that I can see.
    I have to admit that I have my own issues with the comparisons between Mateus and the Emperor and Famfrit and the Cloud. The idea, however, has been suggested often enough that I felt it couldn't hurt to point it out, especially since Ultima and Andrammalech have already reappeared in FFXII shots. The commonly held theory that FFXII was the template for the FF elements of FFTA led me to want to include a paragraph related to my specualtions on that game. However, even discounting Mateus and Famfrit, the pattern still exists.
    Last edited by Masamune·1600; 04-14-2005 at 11:19 PM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Uniquris
    Well me and my sister found out that those summons are not going to be in there. Becuase she said they were a bit to old.(Ifrit, Shiva,Bahamut)
    Ummm...source?
    I like Kung-Fu.

I think it's reasonably safe to say that summons who have only appeared as summons in one game are unlikely to return. There may be an exception, but generally speaking it's safe to assume that most of the aeons from X and GFs from VIII won't be showing up.

I think it's safe to assume Ifrit and Shiva will show up, as they have been summons in every single game since III, which is the first one with summoning. I'd say that about Bahamut too, except that I'm given to understand that he's not a summon in XI. It is safe to say that there's a decent chance that Ramuh, Carbuncle, Fenrir, Leviathan, Odin, and Phoenix will show up since they've been summons in so many other games, as well as the summons from Both Tactics games since I guess there's a connection (never played either of them).

Neo-Bahamut and Bahamut-Zero will never show up again. If they do, I will shoot the game's director. Same thing with Knights of the Round, although I understand that one was also in VI as Crusader.
    Sig under construction.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Crusader was called Jihad in the Japanese version of FFVI. In the Japanese version of FFVII, Knight of Round was called...Knights of Round. They are kind of similar, but I wouldn't say they're the same thing.