Thread: Any fans of the Koudelka/Shadow Hearts series?

Default Any fans of the Koudelka/Shadow Hearts series?

Anyone enjoy these games? I certainly do. It was great being able to travel the real world with a certain amount of mysticism. They're all great stories. Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant tie in perfectly together. Covenant's voice acting and graphics are top-notch and the story just gets you really involved. Not to mention the games are just friggin' hilarious. Especially with our little anti-hero pervert, Yuri. xD

What do you guys think about these games. Btw, I'm in the middle of playing Koudelka right now so I can't comment too much on it. It's interesting getting a first hand account of what happened in the Nemeton Monastery though.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i love Shadow hearts, my fav rpg outside the FF seris. However the second i,m guessing is US only...When is UK release? i want!

Kouldelka was odd. it sucked...i quit in the middle of the second disc...but the dialogue and acting were great...oftern incrediablly funny. Wish they had such quality acting in shadow hearts (damn awful voices).
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Blog Entries

Koudelka was a pretty fun game. I thought the weird combination of RPG and horror was right on the money.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't played Koudelka yet(I haven't seen it anywhere...and I'm quitre broke at the moment). But I just bought Shadow Hearts about a week ago, and I'm about 10 hours in..it's really good so far. I really like it, and am looking foward to buying the second one ( when it goes down in price, of course...) It's really addicting. I like the battle system, with the fusion monsters. Story's intriguing so far. But we'll see.

--Box Box Box Box

Blog Entries

Koudelka happens to be my favorite RPG outside Final Fantasy.
    The mix of rpg/ horror is really interesting and the characters are
    so cool.
    The battles can get a bit frustrating and repetitve, and the weapons
    seems to break when its reached a certain point of usage.
    The location is quite unusual as well; the game takes place in an old Monastery in Wales, I won't tell you what the basic story is...you gonna have to find out for yourselves.
    In addition to being able to built your characters as you want, you can choose how you want your character abilities to grow.
    After each level you get 4 ab; which you can split onto several of options.
    Therefor you can choose whetever you'd like to have a character with strong magic attacks or a character with great physical strenght.

Koudelka is definitely a treat and quite rare these days.
    So if you see the game; by all means PURCHASE it right away.

www.koudelka-thegame.com (check it out).
    Last edited by Chris; 11-09-2004 at 01:03 AM.

Without even finishing Koudelka, I have a pretty good idea of what happened to Father O'Flaherty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm
    I haven't played Koudelka yet(I haven't seen it anywhere...and I'm quitre broke at the moment).
    Koudelka's actually a pretty old game. You can probably buy it for cheap, less than Platinum prices if you actually find it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy
    Koudelka's actually a pretty old game. You can probably buy it for cheap, less than Platinum prices if you actually find it somewhere.
    I've actually had just the opposite experience looking for it. I haven't seen prices any lower than $50 unless your trying to bid on eBay. Some have even been at $60. I've just been trying to make do with using an emulator even though there's a lot of issues involving that game.

I'd sell Koudleka for $60, that's about £40 I think! Bonzer! I really enjoyed Koudelka and Shadow Hearts. I'm praying that Covenant comes out in the UK because I enjoyed the first so much. I actually rank Shadow hearts for enjoyment above Final Fantasy 9 and 10, for me anyway. Mind you it's hardly surprising as the Developers, Sacnoth were a breakaway group from Squaresoft.

That would seem ironic that a game based partly in Europe would not be released to the European populace. They'll probably release it eventually. *fingers crossed*

Blog Entries

Why don't you try EB games.

I bougth my Koudelka game for $4.99.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I bougth my Koudelka game for $4.99.

Hmm...I'd go hunting, but...am still broke, in the aftermath of buying Shadow Hearts. It's worth it though. Alice somewhat bugs, but Yuri makes up for that.

--Box Box Box Box