Thread: Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)

Default Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)

Has anyone played this game? If so, is it good in comparison to Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger? Every six months or so I go back and play classic RPG's obsessively, and I'm thinking about SoM2.

In my opinion Seiken Densetsu 3 is the best of the mana series, not even close to Chrono Trigger though.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Seiken Densetsu 3 (which is *NOT* Secret of Mana 2 since it has as much to do with Seiken Densetsu 2 aka Secret of Mana than what, say, FF6 has to do with FF7) is a very good game, IMHO. There's three different storyline quests, and each quest is fun to do once. The gameplay is what really shines here. The battles take place in real time, and they feel a lot like a combination of CT and KH (though I think CT and KH are better games than SD3), and the game is very fun to play.

Replay value must be the game's best feature. You have six characters, and each one has class changes which can lead you to 4 different final classes for each character. Each final class is also somewhat different from each other (some being very different). You can only choose three characters and one final class for each. Characters are all special individuals (Lise is my favorite ) so none of them is like in FF8 where only things that separates characters from each other are graphics and limit breaks. The choice of choosing a party and their classes is really hard, and that's what makes the game so good and gives it such a high replay value. You can form 20 different parties with the characters, and if you include class changes in this calculation, you can form 7,680 different class combinations for your party.

Seiken Densetsu 3 might not be as great a game as the FF series, but it's still very fun and addictive.
    Last edited by Sefie1999AD; 11-19-2004 at 08:58 PM.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Seiken 3 certainly is one of the best games around... Grab a translated rom and feel that magic! Now I love my Kingdom Hearts just as much as the next Squarunkie, but secretly I wish they had used the cash to make a Secret of Mana game... Mmm :O

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I'll give this a high recommendation.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I have a hard time bringing myself to play ROMS anymore. I wish it was on an english system.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

If you're that desperate you could try getting the cart from ebay. Course it'd be in japanese, which would require a japanese snes...*cough*
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I prefer it over both CT and SoM. Great game.
    - Not Dave