Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your theories on.. (spoilers)

I always thought Gogo was just Gogo. A character from V that you get the mime class from, who was thrown into VI because they felt like it.

Gogo isn't anybody. If Gogo were somebody, s/he would be an imperfect mime. And Gogo states that s/he has mastered the Silmulracum (horrible sp) or whatever the fancy name of the mime technique is.
    The next time you're feeling so invincible that you don't feel like saving, remember this sig- TAKE TWO SECONDS AND SAVE TWO HOURS! SAVE YOUR GAME!

You don't understand. Square didn't INTEND Gogo to be Adlai Stevenson. The awesome power of Adlai Stevenson's spirit manifested itself in the code!

Sure it's a fun rumor, and the quotes seem to fit... So what if you can't prove it, right? Well, speaking as somebody who really read the references listed for those quotations, I say to you that it is simply a hoax.

The guy who originally wrote them was too young to have stumbled across them "by chance." Plus... they're not there.
    ''The modern dictators are reviving a very ancient and encrusted way of life.''
    [WHAT I THINK, Adlai Stevenson]

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

There aren't theories, there is one fact, Gogo is Adlai Stevenson.
    You can't argue with that.

Boy. I'm leaning towards Adlai Stevenson. Those quotes are just too perfect to be coincidence; I'm convinced someone at Square must study American political history. Geez, everything on that page corresponded with Gogo or Gogo's cave!

I'm going to go with the Daryl thing, just because it seems much more probable than some American senator, I mean, how often do FF games relate to American politics? Ancient Aztec, Roman, Greek mythology, yes, but not American politics! Geez... Anyway, here's my idea. Gogo is Estragon, a character from Samuel Beckett's Waiting For Godot. There were 2 characters, Vladimir and Estragon, but they referred to each other informally as Didi and Gogo. Interestingly, Estragon tended to follow Vladimir's lead and copy everything he did...

Hmm... I retract my prior statement in favor of the following:

Gogo is an ancient from FFVII. If you level him up to 99 and get 255 economizers, you can go back into his cave and you will be given instructions on how to revive Aeris.
    The next time you're feeling so invincible that you don't feel like saving, remember this sig- TAKE TWO SECONDS AND SAVE TWO HOURS! SAVE YOUR GAME!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sexually Yours
    o_O

Yeah, I think that letter is bogus. Some other editorials on that website are bogus too.

I think the Gogo in FF6 is either the same Gogo from FF5(if not,related to him/her) or is Daryl. and that whole "Gogo is Adlai Stevenson" thing is just too far out,even for Square

I think that the adlai thing is a coincedence (Or {Quote Doomgaze} You don't understand. Square didn't INTEND Gogo to be Adlai Stevenson. The awesome power of Adlai Stevenson's spirit manifested itself in the code!)
    I think Gogo is Gogo. A mime. Nothing more. It's like asking "Who is Umaro?" (Although I'd like to know some history on him too). Ok, so, "Who is Celes?" then
    - Never argue with a fool. They drag you down to their own level and beat you with experience

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the Gogo in FF6 is either the same Gogo from FF5(if not,related to him/her)
    I don't think it's actually intended to be any reference to FFV. The makers of the game thought about how it would be pretty cool to have someone like Gogo in the game and made it a playable character. Is Gogo the real Japanese name?

I think Gogo is a man covered in clothing with no story behind him.
    I have a question:Who is MOG?Well?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    There is NO ADDITIONAL SCENE BETWEEN SETZER AND GOGO. You can hack the game if you don't believe me.

Gogo=Adlai Stevenson. Actually, that was my signature for a while a long, long time ago.
    Hehehe.....

I've done just that, and it's true, there is no revealing dialogue about Gogo whatsoever. I found LOTS of cool stuff I didn't know about before though. My favorite is the error message.