Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eizon RP

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't know how far you want to take this thing - will you be considering the races, or will you just be using human, or just human/elven/dwarven? There are also Ingmarians and those water-type-people on Eizon. It'd be up to you, though, obviously.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I will be using all of the races that Eizon has to offer, and I can make more fairly easily if need be. Right now I'm focusing on the jobs, the races are next.

And speaking of jobs...

Chemist: Chemists are the only job that can use a gun properly. They are skilled at taking different items and mixing them to provide different effects.
    Martial: 2
    Magic: 0
    Speed: 4
    Toughness: 3

Hunter: Hunters are skilled with bows, though they have no magical power to back up that skill. The Hunter's main abilities lie in their ability to catch and train monsters to fight for them. Hunters can literally have an army of monsters fighting with them, though stronger monsters take much longer to train.
    Martial: 4
    Magic: 0

Geomancer: Geomancers are powerful warriors who are also skilled in the use of magic. Their spells are tied to nature, and they can do a considerable amount of damage with either.
    Martial: 4
    Magic: 3
    Speed: 3

Bard: Bardic songs can create powerful magical effects that can duplicate the effects of many white magic spells. A bard can cast a good deal of the white magic spells, but instead of normal casting, they sing their spells, which broadens the range of the spells. Anyone who can hear a bardic song is a potential target of the spell, though the bard may decide who is targeted and who is not. Bards also have some unique spell effects that only their song can produce.
    Magic: 4
    Toughness: 2

Dancer: A Dancer has the power to weave black magic into their dance. Like the Bard, these spells are not utilized through the normal casting, a Dancer's dance produces the effect to anyone who can see it, and like the Bard the dancer may choose who is targeted and who is not. The Dancer has some unique spells that only their dance can produce.
    Magic: 4
    Toughness: 2

Mimes: Mimes have the power to mimic the abilities of those around them. A mimic on their own can do nothing, but a mimic can target others on the field and copy their proficiency in any given area. Furthermore, a mimic may learn to use abilities they have witnessed before. Skilled mimics can target a person and use all of the skills that that person has. Mimics can potentially be quite powerful, but it takes a skilled mimic to bring out their full potential.
    Martial: 0*
    Magic: 0*
    Speed: 1*
    Toughness: 1*

*A Mimic's base stats are subject to change. Mimics learn how to mimic a certain character for the stats. The more proficient a mimic is at this, the more characters they may pick and choose from for their statistics.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Just looking at the races, where would that put Atlantica? All we seem to have done in our past, an present, is fight, or at least glare at each other.

Hawt sex with BoB = <3 Khaeos Drao-Kin's Avatar

A few things on some of the jobs. I can see where you got a few of them (hehehe...I play the game religiously actually, and am a Dragoon), and I have a few suggestions to Dragoon Class.

I fully agree with your No Magic policy for Dragoons, however they do seem to be a bit lacking. Its basically saying they are a plain warrior, who can jump. A couple things that might be helpful to the class is the Dragon (Dragoon are supposed to be Dragon Knights after all). Maybe do like they did in FFXI and give the Dragoon the ability to have a wyvern/small dragon as a companion/mount? The small wyvern (about human sized, not a large dragon) could maybe inherit helpful abilities and combat abilities as the Dragoon grow in experience. This would tie into the whole Dragoon mythology of them being Dragon Knights, and having a very high affinity with Dragons. This would make the job unique instead of just a normal warrior.

There are also a few other ideas you could do, such as the Dragoon able to summon a Dragon in combat (Dragon exclusively. They are not a magic class, and it wouldn't be a magic summoning. This ties into a Dragoon's high affinity with dragons. Maybe calling one? Also see my wyvern idea).

Just tossing out some ideas. I know that I am going to be a Dragoon, most definitely.

Edit: I have some experience in RP. I have been doing it for about 8 years now, and am quite good in text based "world rp's" and battle rp's. I'd like to offer my services to help you or anyone else (if they don't know how to rp).

Thanks xD
    Fiorenseo Minister of War

And then it was stated, that war shall be made, and thy must know thy enemies

"The weak shall not fight, for they will only destroy themselves" -- James/Khaeos; Fiorensio Military slogan

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just looking at the races, where would that put Atlantica? All we seem to have done in our past, an present, is fight, or at least glare at each other.
    Still working on that one.

As far as the dragoons, what I actually planned was having them be a sort of Chocobo Knight. They ride chocobos and their abilities are tied into the use of Chocobos. I tend to prefer not to give players control over dragons due to their sheer power, Hunters, for example, will find it difficult to capture a dragon right at first. What I think I may do is give Dragoons command over dragons later on in the game, depending on how I work out the advancement system.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A few thoughts...

1) If anyone wants to join the RP, they should probably join a nation of Eizon first. That goes for you too, James!

2) What will happen with nations that are lead by non-RP'ers? Will they still be lead by those people and just be NPC's or what?

3) Just letting my mind wander here: You would THINK that thieves and dragoons would thrive in the desert - but then you have to keep in mind that the vast majority of desert dwellers would be Ingmarians, who are the least agile of the races due to their leathery skin. Ingmarians would be more likely to be Paladins and Dark Knights according to the information given, however I don't think that would really suit them either... Also, don't chocobos also tend to exist near plains rather than in deserts?

4) Atlantica would be predominantly human and luscervan. Elves, too, probably... not many dwarves due to the lack of mountains/rocklands and not many Ingmarians due to the weather tending towards the cold side. In order: Human/Luscervan, Elven, Ingmarian, Dwarven.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

James joined Jebus' nation long time ago, BoB.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I... I knew that. I was just testing you.

>_>

<_<

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good points, all BoB. I'm trying to get a feel for the races and such I'm working with so this is all preliminary suggestions right now.

As far as Chocobos, I'm leaning towards many types, probably beyond the original White, Black, Yellow, Fat, White, and Red. Thus there are many chocobos that can dwell in many different terrains. Anyone for a Blue Swimming Chocobo?

As far as the non-rping leaders, I'll probably NPC-ify them with their permission. Otherwise, I'll probably have to make NPC advisors and such who carry out their will so PCs won't have to interact with them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I can imagine different chocobos living in mountains/forest/etc, however I'm not so sure about sea/desert as birds typically don't live there unless they fly (desert birds are scavengers and sea birds dive, but never swim). It would be nice to have completely different animals, though - as the general idea of the world is to have creatures from five different previous worlds, we can make up whatever the hell we want. I think I was going to use Chocobos in Aiyon (Where Ingmarians are from), however in that world there are also lizard-like creatures which are used for travel over open terrain in the hotter regions. Of course, there are also camels - which will always be the ideal way to travel because of the good ol' hump.

As for that NPC thing, don't think too much about it just now until we know who will be playing in January / February, as by that time things around here might change.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let me think for a moment...

I always seem to recall encountering chocobos in the desert, I am thinking that those that live in the desert would be like the road-runner. Since chocobos are flightless birds, it could possibly work. As far as water areas go, we can use some other things as well. Or just use ships, those are always good.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*ahem* I'm sure we have a list of Eizon-exclusive creatures created by the members themselves. Some are unoriginal though, like chocobos and moombas.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=48813

since when did we get diffrent races?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In the very beginning.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah. We've just never been able to put them to use. I always kept it in the back of my head that the possibility of an RP would come about, and whaddyaknow. That's why there are races.