Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eizon RP

Blog Entries

Yeah my country has a mostly Ingmarians based population. About 96%.

Hawt sex with BoB = <3 Khaeos Drao-Kin's Avatar

Ummmm....I have to disagree. Dragoons aren't chocobo knights, they never fought on chocobos and they have no use for chocobos except for maybe transportation. Dragoons are Dragon Knights, with a high affinity for dragons, dragon skills and more.

Though, I do think you mistook what I meant when I said have a dragon companion. I'm a part of FFXI, where they have expanded exponentially on all the job classes, and what I consider to be the expert on what the jobs are (after all, SE DID create them). I have a few pics attached from the game, actually screenshots I took. I'm a level 68 Dragoon.

Dragoon

That is what I meant when I said companion. Its a tiny dragon, called a "wyvern" in FFXI, and is barely the size of a human (or elvaan in that pic) from nose to tail. Hardly "too powerful". That is what I meant, sorry for any misconception.
    Fiorenseo Minister of War

And then it was stated, that war shall be made, and thy must know thy enemies

"The weak shall not fight, for they will only destroy themselves" -- James/Khaeos; Fiorensio Military slogan

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can most certainly use the creatures. This will just take some time to incorperate.

And I see what you mean about the dragons, which is a definite possiblity. When I start doing actual abilities for the different jobs, I'll see what I can do.

And to that end, if anyone wants to submit jobs or abilities, please feel free to do so.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A few ideas.

Jobs
    Boatmaster/Pirate: Self explanatory really. More often than not Luscervan, Human or Elven, these men are master of the sea vessels, living to sail the seven seas and tell stories to youngsters of all the perils they face. Generally hardy folk, they put their efforts into staying alive, so that means cutlass and a sturdy stance.
    Martial: 4
    Magic: 1
    Speed: 3
    Toughness: 4

Racial Adjustments for Job Stats
    Human: The common race in open lands. Average people, but they have the advantage of being the most populous in city centers, meaning they are more likely to get around large centers without racial prejudice/abuse.
    Martial: 0
    Magic: 0
    Speed: 0
    Toughness: 0

Elven: The common race in forests, they are high in intellect and agility. Bleed easy if you manage to hit them.
    Magic: +1
    Speed: +1
    Toughness: -2

Dwarven: The common race in mountains, they are tough in almost all conditions and although their size doesn't help their speed, it can be of advantage in certain situations.
    Martial: +1
    Magic: -1
    Speed: -2
    Toughness: +2

Ingmarian: The common race in deserts and drylands, their skin is leathery, aiding their resilience to both sword and spell while impacting their speed and agility.
    Speed: -2
    Toughness: +2

Luscervan: The common race in wetlands and seaside regions, they are talented in all water activities, although their slightly webbed feet and rubbery skin can let them down when they're on land.
    Magic: +1
    Speed: -1 (land), +2 (water)
    Toughness: -1

Race-Jobs with pre-adjusted stats
    Luscervan Seamaster: A pirate's nightmare, these Luscervans can travel far from land without a boat and often lanch attacks in groups, swimming to ships in the night without being seen or heard until they start climing their way on board.
    Magic: 4
    Toughness: 3

Ingmarian Desert Rider: Generally not fantastic on the offensive, the Desert Rider relies entirely on his steed and his naturally strengthened leather skin to out-last an enemy in any conditions. He commonly rides in, taking swings with a machette or sabre. Desert Riders travel in both groups or alone, and live in the desert away from civilisation.
    Martial: 3
    Magic: 2
    Speed: 5
    Toughness: 5

Dwarven Miner: The ability to see in the dark removes any real need for these Dwarves to use magic. Instead, wielding their trusty axes, they make their strikes count. In the light, they cannot run from their attackers but they can take many hits before they fall to their knees.
    Toughness: 5

Elven Ranger: Deadly assassins, these men are like a mixture of hunter and ninja. They dwell in the treetops and move silently, then attack aggressively. However, if in the very slim chance you see them before they see you, they are at a terrible disadvantage due to their lack of armour, wearing nothing more than cotton clothing.
    Magic: 3
    Speed: 5
    Toughness: 1

Human Wizard: Capable of all Black and White magic, he relies entirely on his magic to survive. A powerful wizard generally surrounds himself with people to defend him, otherwise never leaving his tower. It is rare for a wizard to risk himself by going alone into the wild.
    Martial: 2
    Magic: 5
    Speed: 1
    Toughness: 1

Also, if a dragon can be used by a Dragoon, I would suggest that it is considered equal with any other creature of it's size/nature, ie an eagle, so as to not give Dragoons too obvious an advantage. Other creatures that could possibly be used by jobs...

Pirate - Parrots
    Wizard - Crows/Cats/Familiars
    Deser Rider - Camels/Kapoleto
    Seamaster - Dolphins
    Boatmasters - Seabirds
    Ranger - Ocelots/Panthers
    Bard - Songbirds
    Black Mage - Crows/Cats
    Thief - Small birds/Cats
    Paladin/Knight/Hunter - Dogs/Hawks/Horses/Chocobos

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Paladin_Cecil
    Kapoleto: Large, strong creatures that resemble humpless camels. Live mostly in the deserts, though they have been found on dry plains. They have only one, large eye, with two small horns on thier heads. They're often alone, though they find mates and will fight other males for the prime female. They are herbavoires, though they can go sometime without eating.
    The Kapoleto would be an ideal steed for Desert Riders. Edited my post to reflect that.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hail to the Looney BoB for helping me do my job.

Giving certain jobs the ability to have an animal companion would certainly be all right. The Hunters will have stronger companions due to their nature, of course, but I don't see why other jobs would not be able to have one.

One thing with the stat boosts and penalties though, if a stat goes to 0 that means that such a thing is nonexistant, so in the case of speed or toughness that presents a problem. I'm thinking that if a penalty would require a race to go to 0 in either of those two categories, then they must sacrifice a bonus that they get in order to keep it at at least one. A possible exception I could see would be a speed of 0 (crippled) but a toughness of 0 would be corpse and probably not allowable.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Well, there are a few courses of action for that...

1) Make it so that certain races simply can't be certain jobs.
    2) Make it so that 1 is the absoloute minimum for toughness, and that 0 for Militia means that you're as weak as a five year old using his bare hands, 0 for speed means you limp around with a permanent crippling, 0 for magic means you can't use magic.
    3) Make it so taht 1 is the absoloute minimum for toughness, milita and speed.

The same would, of course, happen for people who are 5 and then get +1 - I don't know if that works using your system or not, as I don't know how your battle system (or whatever) works. I'm guessing that if it's entirely maths-based, then you can just use 6/7 if it comes down to it. If your system did allow such things, you could probably also use negatives for toughness and militia, putting people at an even bigger disadvantage (and hopefully discouraging them from using such things). We'll call that option #4.

Personally, I would go with option #1, #2 or #4 (if it's even possible).

Either that or we can just bin the advantages/disadvantages, however I think it would be a nice addition to the game to have a mixture of races and jobs, if it's do-able.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmmm...

the basic stats are there to give players an idea of how good certain jobs are at certain things.

If we do allow people to exceed 5 by bonuses, I think I'd be willing to say that they also cannot go under 1 on any stat in which the job has at least 1 in (so this includes magic, some jobs use some magic in their abilities and I don't think it fair in this system to take that away from certain races). That way certain races that would be INHERENTLY good at a job (such as an Elven Black Wizard, for example) wouldn't be barred from that job because they'd go to -1 toughness. It makes race as more of an edge in one's job than anything else. Of course, one might also go against the grain just so that they can have better skills in something else, maybe making a dwarven White Wizard so that they can have good martial and magical abilities.

Permanently Out to Lunch Cloud_Strider's Avatar

Default Geeze

Well, you don't need my approval for this, but you have it anyways!

Sutaimia: 75% Loyal Sutaimites, 20% Tremare refugees, 5% Pilgrims from other nations passing through
    "...Cloud, I'll be your matchmaker, preacher...I'll do whatever you want me to. Just call me when it all happens! Thank you for believing me, knowing I was a spy. This is the final, final farewell!"
    --Cait Sith, Temple of the Ancients
    Proudly a part of #eoff and RedLotus

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto
    In the very beginning.
    I remeber trying to make a superior demon race..........But you said no(completely understandable ) so how do we know what race our people are?

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I imagine you get to pick and choose the primary races. As I understand it, most of the races are pretty well integrated.

Well every nation in eizon is surronded by water and 9/10 have mountains. One nation is desert and one is cold/snowy. It seems to me humans would be a minority.

Returns Victorious The Triumphant Hero's Avatar

Default New Job Idea

Forbidden Warrior
    A job which consists of warriors who have trained in mystic arts to provide a proficiency in a magical skill which involves the encantation of weapons to create a stronger fighter.
    Martial:4
    Magic:3
    Speed:1
    Toughness:4
    Ex. He casts a spell to set his sword on fire, then cures himself by casting regen on his armor, then enchants an axe to fight on it's own and attack his enemy.
    His animal is either a chocobo or war horse
    Last edited by The Triumphant Hero; 11-25-2004 at 02:19 AM.
    O R'lyeh?

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

Actually, humans are the majority. Humans breed a lot faster than Dwarves/Elves, for a start, and they also have an easier time adapting to different climates/terrains than most races. I'd say that the other four races would be fairly equal after humans.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most mountain regions host the Dwarven population, Desierto and other arid regions host the Ingmarian population, forests and possibly the rainforest in Karlin host the Elven population, and nations like Aura, Atlantica, Mulletopia, and other wet regions, like coastal regions, host the Luscervan population. Humans are pretty much adaptable to each and every region.

It is possible to see each race in every region, but it's not common to see a Dwarven in a forest area, an Elven in the mountains or the desert, an Ingmarian at a place like the beach, and a Luscervan in a dry place with little water intact.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Raise the Forbidden Warrior's speed or toughness by one point.