Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eizon RP

Hawt sex with BoB = <3 Khaeos Drao-Kin's Avatar

Also, if a dragon can be used by a Dragoon, I would suggest that it is considered equal with any other creature of it's size/nature, ie an eagle, so as to not give Dragoons too obvious an advantage. Other creatures that could possibly be used by jobs...

Pirate - Parrots
    Wizard - Crows/Cats/Familiars
    Deser Rider - Camels/Kapoleto
    Seamaster - Dolphins
    Boatmasters - Seabirds
    Ranger - Ocelots/Panthers
    Bard - Songbirds
    Black Mage - Crows/Cats
    Thief - Small birds/Cats
    Paladin/Knight/Hunter - Dogs/Hawks/Horses/Chocobos - End Quote

Ummm...

Oooook. I can both agree and disagree. One, a dragon is different then an eagle. Its also a small bit larger (see the pic I attached. Its about 6 feet from nose to the tip of the tail, about the size of a human), which means it would be a little bit more powerful then a eagle. I do however understand what you meant somewhat. But there is also somebad to that, because you would be taking a unique trait from some specific jobs (Hunter/Dragoon/Summoner), and making it a mainstream ability. Or maybe not, it depends on the animals you allow the jobs to control.

Void, I'll have to send you some pm's on some ideas I have.

Also, on the stat bonuses. How would you get them? Consuming items? Using objects? This is the sort of thing that would delve into job specific abilities. Like a Berserker would be able to use "Berserk" (off many FF games), where attack is enhanced but defense lessened. And the Paladin would be able to use Stalwart/Sentinel....raises def but cuts down on offense. To give bonuses you have to take away from something so its evened out. Otherwise people will abuse it by always using certain items or eating certain foods.

Just my two cents anyway. Void, I'll send those pm's soon.
    Last edited by Khaeos Drao-Kin; 11-24-2004 at 02:21 AM.
    Fiorenseo Minister of War

And then it was stated, that war shall be made, and thy must know thy enemies

"The weak shall not fight, for they will only destroy themselves" -- James/Khaeos; Fiorensio Military slogan

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Stat bonuses in-game are a bit different from those conferred right off the bat with one's race.

As far as the berserker (which is the only job I have currently given any type of stat boost) they gain one martial, speed, and toughness (as a berserker moves faster, fights better, and can shrug off more wounds when berserk) but spells, items, and abilities can probably be made to further increase the stats. I haven't quite decided how it's going to work, especially since right now I am unsure whether or not MP will be used.

Just PM me with your ideas when you have a chance.

Permanently Out to Lunch Cloud_Strider's Avatar

Default Well...

My nation (Sutamia) has an organisation called the SSO (Sutaimian Secret Operatives). They would be like berserker, but without the fury all of the time... They would be equivalent to the U.S. Navy Seals... Any idea what they would be considered? They would be sharpshooters, but also extremely strong in hand to hand... Turks anyone?
    "...Cloud, I'll be your matchmaker, preacher...I'll do whatever you want me to. Just call me when it all happens! Thank you for believing me, knowing I was a spy. This is the final, final farewell!"
    --Cait Sith, Temple of the Ancients
    Proudly a part of #eoff and RedLotus

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, for purposes of gameplay, I think I'll have to take away the berserking ability. For all intents and purposes, they're probably somewhat akin to a Ranger class so the stats would probably be about like this:

Martial: 5
    Magic: 0
    Speed: 4
    Toughness: 3

Default yeah!

Behold the Void, That is about EXACTLY what I meant. If you go in my nation profile, you'll see I described rangers, so that fits perfectly
    "...Cloud, I'll be your matchmaker, preacher...I'll do whatever you want me to. Just call me when it all happens! Thank you for believing me, knowing I was a spy. This is the final, final farewell!"

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All right, go ahead and pick a name for the class itself and they'll be tacked on to the class list.

Default Sabres

Sabres:

Strong warriors sworn into a government or monarchy for either protection, martial law, or as militia. They do not use magic, but instead use powerful projectile weapons, bows or swords. They also carry many potions and have the option of mixing items into effective mixes. They are dutiful and do not turn on their superiors. Like the samurai, they thrive on loyalty and honor and would not hesitate to take a life if ordered to do so.
    Martial: 5
    Magic: 0
    Speed: 4
    Toughness: 4

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Take toughness down by one point.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I adjusted the stats of the race-specific jobs a little so that they matched the advantage of race-specific bonus-points for stats a bit better.

I had a play around to find out what kind of stats the race-job mixes were likely to end up with, and for the most part, it makes a lot of sense. Only one job/race ends up with stats higher than 14 - the Elven Ranger (Assassin), who has stats of 4/3/6/3 in the images attached - however we can easily take that down a notch, possibly taking down toughness, magic or speed by one to set it at 15 - still and advantage, but there has to be one out there. The disadvantage of the assassin is that he has no powerful magic, no special ability of any kind aside from going and killing.

Luscervans notably have a high of 12 in a few stats but none hit 13 (aside from Seamaster), let alone 14 - however if they enter water, those '12' stats move to '15' as their speed increases by three points. Dwarves and Ingmarians have very low speed, which is to be expected - Ingmarians rely on steeds to increase their speed and Dwarves are just bloody short folk who don't care for speed at all, really. Humans are, as always, the "jack of all trade" race and never exceed 13 points but generally do well in a variety of areas. The Desert Rider has 13, but realistically the steed of a Desert Rider would boost his speed above the 3 listed.

Humans: 13 with Dark Knight, Paladin, Monk, Samurai, Geomancer.
    Elves: 14 with Monk, Ninja. 13 with Dark Knight, Paladin, Samurai, Geomancer, Bard, Dancer. 16 (possibly to be changed) as Assassin.
    Dwarves: 14 with Miner, Dark Knight, Paladin, Samurai.
    Ingmarians: 14 with Dark Knight, Paladin. 13 with Desert Rider (+steed)
    Luscervans: 12 with Dark Knight, Paladin, Monk, Ninja, Samurai, Geomancer. 13 for Seamaster. +2 for all jobs in water.

Notable stats include:

Elves: Black Mage, White Mage, Summoner all have Magic at 6. Ranger/Assassin, Ninja and Thief have speed at 6.
    Dwarves: Dragoon, Samurai, Sabre all have Martial at 6. Miner, Dark Knight, Paladin, Dragoon, Bezerker and Boatmaster all have toughness at 6.
    Ingmarian: Dark Knight, Paladin, Dragoon, Bezerker and Boatmaster all have toughness at 6.
    Luscervan: Black Mage, White Mage, Summoner all have Magic at 6.

Highest Martial+Magic stat: Wizard, with 2+7. Notably also with 2+1 for Speed+Toughness.
    Lowest Martial+Magic stat: Chemist, with 2 in all races but Dwarf.

Highest Martial+Speed stat: Elves - Ninja (4+6), Samurai (5+5), Sabre (5+5) and Assassin (4+6)
    Lowest Martial+Speed stat: Ingmarian Summoner (1+1)

Highest Martial+Toughness stat: Dwarven Dragoon, 12 (6+6)
    Lowest Martial+Toughness stat: Human Summoner, 2 (1+1)

Highest Magic+Speed stat: Elven Black Mage, 10 (6+4) and Elven Bard & Dancer, both with 10 (5+5).
    Lowest Magic+Speed stat: Dwarven Dragoon, 1 (0+1)

Hightest Magic+Toughness stat: Ingmarian White Mage, 10 (5+5)
    Lowest Magic+Toughness stat: Elven Thief, Chemist, Hunter and Sabre, all with 1 (0+1)

Highest Speed+Toughness stat: Miner (3+6) & Ranger/Assassin (6+3).
    Lowest Speed+Toughness stat: Luscervan Summoner, with 2 (1+1). That could change to 3+1 in water, though, and that would mean that 3 would be the lowest, including the Wizard and the Human Summoner, each with 2+1.

In the water, Luscervans would likely out-do any most races/jobs when it comes to speed.

Anyway, it's just some stuff to give you a brief idea of where this is headed at the moment, should you go with the minimum of 1, no maximum (but it's effectively 7, since no stat goes above 5+2). Let me know if you'd like those adjusted in any way and I'll have a play around.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It makes sense that the Luscervans outstrip everyone in water, though we may want to think about confering some minor penalties on land if they end up being too good.

I'm going to start working on abilities right now. The way I am kind of thinking of doing it is having each ability have a certain rank by it and people get a number to distribute into abilities. As they progress in the RP they can be awarded more points to take more abilities. The problem this presents, however, is how we can keep track of someone's rank, generally I would do it by post count but since we cannot access that...

I'll play around with it a bit and see what can be done.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    It makes sense that the Luscervans outstrip everyone in water, though we may want to think about confering some minor penalties on land if they end up being too good.
    The fact that on land their stats are one point weaker than all others should make up for it. I'd imagine they'd be on land more often than in water, too, as they still need to breathe. They're the only race that, on land, has a -1 difference with stats-adjustments.

I'm going to start working on abilities right now. The way I am kind of thinking of doing it is having each ability have a certain rank by it and people get a number to distribute into abilities. As they progress in the RP they can be awarded more points to take more abilities. The problem this presents, however, is how we can keep track of someone's rank, generally I would do it by post count but since we cannot access that...

I'll play around with it a bit and see what can be done.
    Postcount would be a really bad way to go about it anyway. Nobody would ever beat me. I think I'm still 2000 ahead of the next person down.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

wtf I have like 2000 how do you have like 5000 you spammer >: p

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is there a way to tally just posts in certain threads (i.e. the RP threads)?

All right, a basic ranking of spells and abilities will be much like that of the statistics, numbering 1-5. Abilities are divided into two types, Passive, and Active. Active abilities must be used manually, and Passive abilities are always in effect once learned. Passive abilities may not take effect until certain circumstances are met.

I'll be tinkering around with the abilities a bit. A basic scale to go off of would be Fire as a 1st rank spell, Fira as a second rank spell, Firaga as a third rank spell, Flare as a fourth rank spell, and Ultima as a fifth rank spell. Anyone who wants to come up with some abilities is welcome to do so, your help is much appreciated.

Since Aura is mostly a vacation spot, I'm guessing the main jobs threre would be Bards, Dancers, and Mimes.

And also

Beaster:Almost like a ranger, but relies more on the animals around. They can usually ask for assistance, but sometimes are just granted not being attacked. They can usually also talk and summon a few creatures.

Martial:2
    Magic:3
    Speed:2
    Toughness:3

Anyone, anyone?

"Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip."
    By Sephiroths Clone

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really see what the point of the Beaster is, it's basically a Hunter.

If you want it though, it can have at least two more points in the stats. The average is somewhere between 11 and 13 for most classes.

Now then, let's start with some abilities. Oh yes, for the black magic opposing elements, its fire and ice, water and lightning, earth and wind, light and dark.

Black Mage
    Active:
    Fire (1)
    Fira (2)
    Firaga (3)
    Blizzard (1)
    Blizzara (2)
    Blizzaga (3)
    Thunder (1)
    Thundara (2)
    Thundaga (3)
    Water (1)
    Watera (2)
    Wateraga (3)
    Quake (1)
    Quakera (2)
    Quakega (3)
    Aero (1)
    Aera (2)
    Aeraga (3)
    Drain (3)
    Osmose (2)
    Flare (4)
    Sleep (3)
    Blind (1)
    Poison (1)
    Bio (2)
    Paralyze (3)
    Petrify (4)
    Berserk (3)
    Zombie (4)
    Confuse (4)
    Meteor (5)
    Ultima (5)

Passive:
    Counter Magic (4)
    Absorb MP (3)
    Enhanced Magic (3)
    MP Recover (4)

I think I will be using an MP system, something really easy along the lines of "each spell costs as much MP as its rank." Players are certainly capable of keeping track of it themselves.