Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Eizon RP

Returns Victorious The Triumphant Hero's Avatar

Lv 1-Heavy Armor: Can equip heavy armor without penalty
    Lv 1-Weapon Proficiency: Melee: Can use all melee weapons without penalty
    Lv 2-Dual Wield- Allows dual wielding/ wielding a weapon and shield without penalty Magic cannot be cast while dual wielding
    Lv 1-Dark Power: Draws upon the dark arts of magic to become very powerful in damaging spells. Cannot choose this and Light Force
    Lv 1-Light Power: Draws upon holy power to improve the power of curative and support spells. Cannot choose this and Dark Power
    Lv 2-Black Soul: Improves Dark Power's effect. Must have chosen Dark Power
    Lv 2-Holy Soul: Improves Light Power's effect. Must have chosen Light Power
    Lv 3-Demon Strength: Maximizes Black Soul's effect. Must have chosen Black Soul
    Lv 3-Angel Strength: Maximizes Holy Soul's effect. Must have chosen Holy Soul
    Lv 4-Shadow Fire: Adds extra damage to attack which can go up to damage dealt. Must have chosen Dark Power
    Lv 4-Spirit Guardian: Reduces damage taken by up to 3/4. Must have chosen Light Power
    Lv 4: Overzealous- Berserk, haste, critical plus, and wall on user, user must attack all opponents to the death or die himself for effect to end

Army base stats will more than likely differ from country to country based on the focus of that country with regards the military might.
    Thanks

Hawt sex with BoB = <3 Khaeos Drao-Kin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CloudLeonhart
    Lv 1-Heavy Armor: Can equip heavy armor without penalty
    Lv 1-Weapon Proficiency: Melee: Can use all melee weapons without penalty
    Lv 2-Dual Wield- Allows dual wielding/ wielding a weapon and shield without penalty Magic cannot be cast while dual wielding
    Lv 1-Dark Power: Draws upon the dark arts of magic to become very powerful in damaging spells. Cannot choose this and Light Force
    Lv 1-Light Power: Draws upon holy power to improve the power of curative and support spells. Cannot choose this and Dark Power
    Lv 2-Black Soul: Improves Dark Power's effect. Must have chosen Dark Power
    Lv 2-Holy Soul: Improves Light Power's effect. Must have chosen Light Power
    Lv 3-Demon Strength: Maximizes Black Soul's effect. Must have chosen Black Soul
    Lv 3-Angel Strength: Maximizes Holy Soul's effect. Must have chosen Holy Soul
    Lv 4-Shadow Fire: Adds extra damage to attack which can go up to damage dealt. Must have chosen Dark Power
    Lv 4-Spirit Guardian: Reduces damage taken by up to 3/4. Must have chosen Light Power
    Lv 4: Overzealous- Berserk, haste, critical plus, and wall on user, user must attack all opponents to the death or die himself for effect to end

The power ones there I see no problem with, because you have to pick either light or dark...can't have both.
    Fiorenseo Minister of War

And then it was stated, that war shall be made, and thy must know thy enemies

"The weak shall not fight, for they will only destroy themselves" -- James/Khaeos; Fiorensio Military slogan

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I will be imposing penalties on using heavy armor and using two weapons. No matter how skilled you are, the amount of skill and concentration it takes to wield two weapons at once (I speak from experience here and I have the bruises to prove it) is enormous. Also, wearing heavy armor will slow you down, you can't avoid that. The ability to equip heavier armor or use two weapons in and of itself isn't bad, but there will be penalties attached to it.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I got an idea.

In addition to troops, each country can create 3 "hero" classes, that are an amalgamate of 2 or more classes....to clarify, there are no God classes, and they must be approved. Just an idea.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I could see us doing that. I'm actually considering reworking the existing classes since the Eizon technology is increasing so much. I may end up reworking them so that there are more technology-based classes.

It did strike me as an odd combination, what with the tech changes. But, on the other hand, the whole technology aspect is still kinda being worked out.

I mean, while we can't use magic, presumably because of strange uber-weapons, there's a point where tech will do the same practical thing.

A rose by any other name and all that...

So, you might want to use caution in putting a whole lot into anything involving tech in the rp stuff, as it is so volitile right now.
    The next time you're feeling so invincible that you don't feel like saving, remember this sig- TAKE TWO SECONDS AND SAVE TWO HOURS! SAVE YOUR GAME!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If the technology didn't advance so fast I'd be able to make this much easier.

However, there is much that can be done about integrating magic and technology, I've a few ideas knocking around, I just need to set them down on paper before the tech evolves yet AGAIN.

Yeah, we're towing the line of Shadowrun here... not that that is inherently a bad thing, I really liked shadowrun when I played it. I did kinda prefer the "industrial revolution" set up before it escalated, but, oh well...
    The next time you're feeling so invincible that you don't feel like saving, remember this sig- TAKE TWO SECONDS AND SAVE TWO HOURS! SAVE YOUR GAME!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's see here... I think I will, for the moment, be keeping all the classes that are already present. However, with the technologies we have, there can be several more classes added to the mix. A few ideas I'm playing around with:

Machinist: The Machinist is a master of machinery. As they increase in skill they can construct and command several different machines to acheive different results, be it in combat or otherwise. A Machinist is relatively weak, and commands no magic at all, but they are fairly good with guns and their machine allies more than make up for their weaknesses.
    Martial: 3
    Magic: 0
    Speed: 3
    Toughness: 2

Technomancer: A technomancer specializes in a special brand of magic that can animate different constructs to do their bidding. From a lowly candlestick to a golem wrought from pure adamantine, Technomancers rely on using their magic to bring things to life.
    Martial: 1
    Magic: 5
    Speed: 2
    Toughness: 1

Gun Mage: Gun Mage's use magic to enhance the power of their bullets. They are not extremely powerful, but the fact that they can use magic with their guns gives them a great advantage.
    Martial: 4
    Magic: 3
    Speed: 2
    Toughness: 2

I may add a few more if inspiration strikes.

Returns Victorious The Triumphant Hero's Avatar

You could make technology less reliable. So guns will misfire and not shoot from time to time.
    O R'lyeh?

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That might be hard to do but I was considering it. I'm still playing with the firearms system so I have yet to decide on how they will be operating.

The most powerful of all! Bahumat's Avatar

This is an old idea, but are there gonna be guilds? like war guilds and such.
    *Insert witty quote here*

"That's not a knife! This is a knife!"
    "Yup. And this, this is a crossbow...."

Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb"

"I am the Alpha, of your Omega.
    I am the Beginning, of your End."
    -Agent Smith

Member of the KH Trinity

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Guilds can be worked out within the Eizon nations. I've made some decisions with regards to the skill system as well.

There will be four skill types:

Martial Skills: Martial skills are skills and techniques that employ martial prowess. Martial skills and techniques can be anything from learning to use two weapons at once to jumping into the air and landing on an opponent to slashing with such speed and force that a shockwave emerges from your blade and travels through the air.

Magic Skills: Magic skills are, in essence, the spells that a character can cast. Be they a potent fire spell, a spell that opens locked doors, or a spell that summons a massive dragon to torch your foes, Magic skills all deal with the channeling of mystic energy. While stronger than martial skills, Magic skills have a set MP cost (still in the works) and thus cannot be used as often.

Speed Skills: Speed skills have to do with movement and agility. Most of these skills will be defensive in nature, but some may have offensive application as well. Speed skills can include things such as jumping enhancement, running speed enhancement, and grasping a blade as it is about to strike you.

Toughness Skills: Toughness skills deal with increasing your ability to take a certain degree of punishment. They can run the gamut from resistance to magic, increased defense, or the ability to block better with a shield or with two swords.

Skill costs: While I could, in theory, use JP or AP for these skills, I'm FAR too lazy to come up with a viable system for it, so instead, you need to purchase training in a skill. By spending Eiz, you will be able to purchase a special attacks, or weapons, or armor, or whatever else you want. I'm thinking of some sort of rank system, where every day you get a stipent of x money depending on how high up on the pecking order you are, and your rank can increase depending on things you do. This will probably require some degree of DMing, so I'm thinking LoonyBoB and Agent Proto might like to help me in handing out promotions depending on how people act in the roleplay. It wouldn't necessarily have to be through combat that one's rank increases, good roleplaying in general, well-made plans, good ideas, all would contribute to one's rank.

With regards to the cost of skills, the system is pretty easy. Each skill has certain ranks in one (or more) of the four different stat types, depending on the nature of the skill. So, for example, Fire would be a 1 Magic skill, whereas Fire Sword would be a 1 Magic 1 Martial skill. For each rank a skill has, it costs 100 Eiz, so Fire would cost 100 Eiz and Fire Sword would cost 200 Eiz. The highest conceivable skill would be 2,000 Eiz, but that is a statistical impossiblity since it would require a five in all statistics. At the moment there are no plans for skills that go beyond the 5th rank (examples of 5th Rank skills would be things like Ultima, Bahamut, and Omnislash in Final Fantasy terms) but that may change.

At the moment, I am considering having a general skill pool, and any job can learn ANY skill so long as they meet the requirements. I may have certain jobs have an affinity for certain skills, which might make them cost less, or I may make a separate, smaller skill set for each individual job, signifying job-only skills.

With any skill, you MUST have the requisite stat rank in order to learn it. So, Firaga Blade would require a rank of 3 in both Martial and Magic in order to learn. If you do not have the requisite stat (for example, if you are a Dwarf Black Mage with lowered Magic ability), you cannot learn the skill. I do not plan to have any way to raise your stats, so think hard before creating your character.

I think this is the system I'll be using, but any imput is much appreciated. Also, anyone who wants to start making skills has my profound gratitude.