Thread: Counter Strike- Source

Default Counter Strike- Source

I just bought HL2 and as such also have CSS. Just wondering if anyone here plays CSS and could give me some advice? Also if some could clarify whether or not I have to pay a subscription to play CSS would be much appriciated.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1) If you've never played Counter Strike before, you're going to suck. It's a proven fact. There are people playing that have been at it for years upon years, and you won't be able to match them. But, the only way to get better is to practice, so you might as well try and learn the ropes yourself. You'll get made fun of for being a newbie, but don't let it stop you if you want to get into it.

2) No, there is no subscription fee for it. All you need is Steam, which I'd imagine installed on its own with the HL2 installation.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You need HL2 Bronze Edition to play CS:S, don't you? Or buy each game separately.

Gonna buy the Silver Edition when my brother gets paid next week. Can't wait.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Counter Strike: Source comes with every version of Half Life 2. I checked Steam the other day.

Even if it's not with the boxed version, I'd imagine they'd offer it for free.

Im getting it. I may be a nOOb at half life 2, but that doesnt mean I havnt been playing other fps's for 2 years now (ut).