View Poll Results: How often do you play games now compared to a few years ago?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just as much.

9 12.16%
  • A lot more.

7 9.46%
  • A bit more.

3 4.05%
  • A bit less.

21 28.38%
  • A lot less.

32 43.24%
  • I don't play games at all.

2 2.70%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you play games as often as you use to?

Default Do you play games as often as you use to?

MODS: I put this topic here in General Chat as opposed to General Gaming since this primarily deals with your life as opposed to certain videogames.

Simple question. Do you?

Personally, I don't. I haven't played any games since August, or almost 4 months. My PS2 was collecting so much dust at a point I just let my brother take it with him.

I don't know why, but games don't seem that fun anymore. I haven't enjoyed games like I use to in the past. I mean certain games like Max Payne 2 still brings a lot of fun, but I hardly find games appealing anymore. I'm not sure if it's because of my job(s), school, and past gf relationships...but I try to enjoy playing games...and I can't. I even tried playing GTA:SA and wasn't even the least bit inspired. Oddly enough, I get a kick out of doing mathematical proofs as opposed to playing games...and music has been such a strong part of my life now...it's kind of taken over the void that the videogames have left.

So yeah...discuss...biatch.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

I don't sometimes. Before I used to spend every possible moment playing games. Sometimes, I won;t even eat. I satyed up two days straight trying to beat Ultimecia for the first time during a summer, but now, I'll do it when I ave time, which is almost never...unfortunately
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I voted a lot less. I just don't get excited about games like I used to.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

About the same for me. I still play games like mad and I doubt that will ever change. It will probably only go down if I have kids. I just wouldn't have as much time if that ever happened.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo Jellybean
    I don't know why, but games don't seem that fun anymore.
    Yes, same here. It's rather sad, because atleast I was a lifeless loser with a method of having fun...now I'm just a lifeless loser.
    I like Kung-Fu.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I seldom play video games like I used to. The games I do play tend to have an online component, and tend to be FPS.

There's too many sequels and not enough originality nowadays.

I don't do anything as much as I used to. Except sleep. I sleep a lot more than anything else.
    lol signature

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I hardly have any time to play anymore. Not that I don't want to per say, but this thing called the "world" and this other thing called "a life" have dominated my time lately.
    Grab the opportunities life hands you, that's my motto!

I don't play as much as I used to. I do still play when I have free time with nothing else to do, like when hubby's at work and we don't have the money for me to go anywhere. Mostly though I've been replaying FF games, because I mainly only like RPGs and there haven't been any good ones out for a long time.

I'd play games, but I sold my ps2 to my aunt. So I haven't played games for over a year. BUT, I started playing Simpsons Road Rage with my dad the last few days. (He bought an X-Box so he could play Halo 2.)
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still play a little, but not like when I was a kid. Of course, they don't make games like they used to. Legend of Zelda helped me clock huge hours, the original Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, the two SNES FF games, and the immortal F-Zero. Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    I still play a little, but not like when I was a kid. Of course, they don't make games like they used to. Legend of Zelda helped me clock huge hours, the original Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, the two SNES FF games, and the immortal F-Zero. Those were the days.
    I heart you.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I probably play about the same.. maybe a bit more. I'll probably always play a lot, but I'm hoping to cut back soon.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just don't have the time to play anymore. Doesn't stop me from buying the games though 'cause I plan on playing them all sometime. The only games that I have played at all lately have been Spaz Monkey and HSGF because I'm determined to beat Bagpipe Classic even if it takes me 23,056 tries to do it.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

When I was little I played games way too much, still somehow managed to get out and get exercise. Anyways, ever since I finished playing FFXI and left, I have not played a single game since (except for a day or so of World of Warcraft Open Beta).

Eh, just don't have the time anymore.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."