Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iTunes

Default iTunes

I know I make a lot of music topics...but eh.

Anyone have iTunes membership? I use to go to KaZaA Lite and just download the hell out of it. Then I realize that there are numerous flooders the artists hired to discourage music downloading so tracks downloaded are often useless (such as a track that's 20 minutes long that plays nothing or a track that repeats itself)...though if you look long and hard enough, you'll get a clean track.

Then I realized I might as well get a membership to iTunes. I use it on my XP computer since it's not compatible with 98. It's great though, they even have ebooks you can download in audio form. It's $1 a song, which isn't bad considering CDs cost up to $20 for an album that usually has a lot of songs you don't like or don't care to hear about. The 30 second samples are nice...I swear, it's like walking into a music store...without walking into a music store.

Just join, it costs nothing to join...you can even be cheap and just listen to 30 second clips...or watch music videos...so yeah.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

iTunes is good, although I don't generally buy music from them. It's a much better mp3 player than windows media or winamp, though.

I like iTunes a lot. It's a good way to support the artists that you like plus it's so much easier than Kazaa or anything like that. No downloading the wrong clip, convenient previews.... only .99 cents, I recommend it.

Blog Entries

I just put my CDs onto iTunes so I don't have to put them in all the time and don't need to dl them . But I got winamp the other day so I don't use iTunes much. My roommate always uses it on my computer because he's teh sux0r

What's great about iTunes is that the music videos are free. I've spent all day just going through iTunes. You can even listen in on radio stations across the country...anywhere from classical to heavy metal...it's insane. I only bought like, 3 songs...I've mostly downloaded the free stuff.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I rather buy the CDs of the artists I like. It's nice having a case and booklet to admire and read while listening to the music that goes along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    I rather buy the CDs of the artists I like. It's nice having a case and booklet to admire and read while listening to the music that goes along with it.
    What you can do, when you buy the album off iTunes, is that you can save the digital booklet on your iPod...assuming you have one. Whole albums are $10, which is pretty good considering I paid $15 for my Vanessa Carlton CD plus tax.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How much you pay for a CD depends on where you buy your music. Personally, I try to go through independent sellers, because they have better selection and they don't gouge my wallet with insane price tags for something I could easily have for free.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

And buy used too.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon
    How much you pay for a CD depends on where you buy your music. Personally, I try to go through independent sellers, because they have better selection and they don't gouge my wallet with insane price tags for something I could easily have for free.
    You can go to eBay and buy it there. Or be like me, wait 2 years and the CD is dirt cheap. The Eminem Show was like, $2.50.

Once you guys get an iPod(and I will, somehow)...you'll see no need for CDs. You can sample all the songs on iTunes with 30s clips. They have the whole CD booklets that you can store on your iPod, that way you can read the lyrics along with the song...it's so great. It's funny reading celebrities' playlists sometimes...like Michael Moore's.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I heard that Apple is selling an iPod with the whole U2 discography for $150 plus the cost of the iPod.

I would never get an iPod. They're overpriced and their battery pack is internal.

I'm looking at getting the 20gb iRiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    I heard that Apple is selling an iPod with the whole U2 discography for $150 plus the cost of the iPod.

I would never get an iPod. They're overpriced and their battery pack is internal.

I'm looking at getting the 20gb iRiver.
    It's $50 plus the cost of a 20GB iPod. The entire U2 album is $150 at iTunes. I love U2 and all, but I don't love them THAT MUCH. The special edition iPod is $350, which comes in a special design with engraved autographs from U2's members and all of it's songs. I just like that whole color scheme.

I saw a 60GB XClef or something, it was $300 and plays videos and such and has an unheard of 22 hours of battery life.

With that said, I went ahead and bought a 3G 15GB iPod. It was $160, only came with the iPod itself. I also bought the USB cable and charger for it, still much less than $250+tax. I should post a picture of it in its iSkin sometime soon, just to make you guys jealous.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

I generally buy CDs as opposed to purchasing streaming audio.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I'd probably also rather have an iRiver than an iPod. It has nice features like the ability to play OGG and a built-in FM tuner, and no sucky internal battery pack (that I know of). iPods are too much of a status symbol. I tend to be discouraged by such things. Also the click-wheel sucks.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo Jellybean
    I use to go to KaZaA Lite and just download the hell out of it. Then I realize that there are numerous flooders the artists hired to discourage music downloading so tracks downloaded are often useless (such as a track that's 20 minutes long that plays nothing or a track that repeats itself)...though if you look long and hard enough, you'll get a clean track.
    So THAT'S what that is... I rarely download music anymore, but I wanted to download a song the other night and all I got was that crap.

I might get an iPod for christmas, I dunno.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!