Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 55.17%
  • No

26 44.83%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FF VIII-2?

Meh....I thought FFVIII was okay. Not the best FF by a longshot, but it was okay. I DESPISED the battle system, though. To unbalanced. Not to mention drawing out spells....*shudders*

The plot was actually pretty good to me....up until the third disc. :/ Then it just went to crap. It took me a few playthroughs to actually understand what the hell happened. Even then, I'm still not ENTIRELY sure. The characters were.....lacking. Especially when you factor in FFVII. Squall was just a copy of Cloud. Exept he was more of a jerk. Rinoa was a carbon copy of Aeris, and I hated Aeris, sooooo....I liked Zell and Irvine, though. Zell=Teenage Cid Highwind=HILARIOUS. And find characters like Irvine and Zidane amusing. Best characters were Laguna, Kiros, and Ward, though. Shame the game wasn't about them.

The best thing about the game was the presentation. The FFVIII soundtrack is probably my favorite of all. And the graphics were very nice for there time.

I wouldn't really mind a sequel. I'd PREFER a prequel, however. Based on Laguna. But whatever. I won't be devastated if they don't make either.

Default FFVIII-2

Quote Originally Posted by devilmaynotkickrsl
    Yes.

And to answer the poll question: Hell no.
    of course it would be great if there was a sequel to ff8, even though ppl say it answerd all the questions at the end of the game. but think, its impossible 2 think of a better ff. it was the most addictive, with such a story, characters, and romance between squall and rinoa, and the junction system was excellent!(even though most didnt like it) by far the best ff, so i wud defionatly recommend a sequel, and if not that, a prequel with laquna during the sorceress war.

Squall was just a copy of Cloud. Exept he was more of a jerk.
    Obviously you don't like the silent strong types and like to group them together when they are clearly much different.

Rinoa was a carbon copy of Aeris
    Hardly, I couldn't stand Aeris and I liked Rinoa so obviously that isn't right. (Rinoa got into disagreements with Squall, Aeris was just chasing Cloud)
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

While I disliked FFVIII I believe if they made a sequel and dumped the junction system or at least revise itthey could make a good game and it would explain the whole (SPOILER)Rinoa= Ultimiecia thing. So I vote yes!

I voted no because sequals are usually made to answer questions, or resolve problems. Everyone ended up happy at the end of FFVIII. Zell got a girlfriend, Selphie and Quistis are best friends, Edea and Cid are married, Seifer stopped his onslaught, and Rinoa and Squall are happy together. But I agree that there should probably be a sequal centered around Laguna.

I voted 'Yes'......because..well....umm....I dont know why....but I want to see what happens after the 2nd sorceress war...and what happens to....Squall & Rinoa...;P

Young, beautiful, her life confined solely within castle walls and fearing a conspiracy
    within Alexandria, Garnet looks for the perfect opportunity to escape with the thief
    band Tantalus. Questioning the loyalty of her own mother, Queen Brahne, Garnet
    disguises herself as a commoner with Steiner at her side in search for the answers
    that continue to ravage her heart.

If they made a sequil, I would like them to finally close the arguement of R=U, personally their is evidence on both sides, but I just want Square Enix to clarify the true results to everyone so the useless bickering could finally end.
    The end is near, do not look twards the heavens, yet look to your home and what you will leave behind.

I voted yes, only if it would play with Laguna as a main char. And questions like: Who's the father of who? answered. it would be a great plan than.

It wouldn't work.
    The ending wrapped everyting up there's nothing to follow on with
    that's why I don't like the ending it was too clear. The whole
    Squall/Rinoa happy ending sucks, it's very boring and cliched.
    That's why VII is good for a sequel there were many unexplained
    issues at the end, plus it's a more interesting story.

But I think a prequel would be ok, about Laguna/sorceress war
    and without the main characters form VIII except maybe
    (SPOILER)Squall, briefly because he's Laguna's son

Moogle

come on guys!..
    i really want to revive this game in ps3 or ps2 or psp... im jealous of ff VII and ff X because VII they have movies n revivals.. and the X has a part 2.... i want to have VIII part 2 too you know.... or some movies...

i registered just to reply in this forum...

look the other form of rinoas costume its so cool... ehe
    heres the link
    Fan photos from Final Fantasy VIII | Facebook

do u all have prob of the story line?

hmnn 4 example..

laguna will be the main enemy... because.. (just example) he wanted to be young again...(u see he looked in his hands because of his age.. or the ring? at the ending) in that case he will axperiment some time machine or age machine? ehe funny huh? then theres gonna be a accident happen... bla bla bla!
    and seifer will help squall scenes... and they shared stories about them in the past.., and they will practice again.... just like old times...

and 1 thing... in the ending of VIII squall lost in time right? from baby squall run away and matron(edea) chase baby squall... then squall and matron have a conversation(am i right?) then ultimicia once appeared again right? and pass his powers to matron..?
    in that case... matron will have a role in part 2 too....

and theres a love triangle selphie,irvine,quistis ehe
    about zell... will be a star... like boxing champion.. something like that..
    now he has a lot of chicks! ehe..

and shumis will have a role 2 and the moombas...
    moogles! 2...

i have a lots of idea to have VIII-2 u know.. im kinda sad... because i'd seen people dont want to have part 2.. just in here.. in this forum... i hope this is the only forum..... . . . i didn't like.........

sorry if anyone offend... hust what i say....
    and for my grammar ehe... im not american..

No. Sequels and prequels are already killing 7. FF8 story is complete. Move on. originality.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Holy Crap! I know its Halloween season and all but there be zombie threads wandering in this forum.

awishi_09, we don't bring back threads that are over a few months old. If you wish though. I say start a whole new thread cause we haven't had a discussion on this for awhile.