58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 55.17%
  • No

26 44.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FF VIII-2?

Default FF VIII-2?

Should there be a FFVIII-2? I personally think that it would be great. It could centre on Zell (great guy).

also, irvine should be voiced by Clint Eastwood. And Seifer by James Woods.
    "Oh, they have the Internet on computers now!"

I was the first "no" vote, so I should probably justify it.

For me, it comes down to FFVIII having one of the few totally happy endings. Even Seifer ended up fishing with Fujun and Rajin. There's nothing to resolve, and unlike many other FF's, the world at large was not "apocalypse'd" (permanently, anyway. Got real close though.)

I say, let the happily ever after be. Save the sequels for stuff like VII, which the argument could be made that you lose.
    The next time you're feeling so invincible that you don't feel like saving, remember this sig- TAKE TWO SECONDS AND SAVE TWO HOURS! SAVE YOUR GAME!

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

Maybe. It ended with a lot of questions anwered so there really isn't a need for it. But it would be good as long as it's good. (shrugs)
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Yes, but only if its a prequel centering on Laguna and Co. during the first sorceress war.

I answered no, too, because I think it's not necessary with a complete story to start wretching a good game with a good-for-nothing sequel with no meaning :/ Look what happened with FFX-2 (I know, I like the game too [mainly because of Rikku xD] but the main plot, pu-lease..). I don't want to argue about the ffx-2 fact here or anywhere else either, because I know many of you here love that game and therefore would die defending it or something that way :). So let's just leave it at the fact that there are different opinions <3.

ShivaBlizzar8's suggestion is quite neat... But it's just that I feel that even that part is concluded in the main game already (and we all know how it ends, so what's the point?)

...Whatever ;)

Fevered lovers and austere thinkers
    Love equally, in their ripe season
    Cats powerful and gentle, pride of the house
    Like them they feel the cold, like them are sedentary

- Charles Baudelaire
    I'm listening to...

I agree with a prequal, Maybe even before Laguna and others, maybe the beginning of the sorceress, It would be nice to know who the first sorceress was and also how she first got her powers. If their is a sequal then I think that all aspects of the games battle system should remain, aswell as the world map.
    The end is near, do not look twards the heavens, yet look to your home and what you will leave behind.

A Laguna prequel would be great.

The Demon of Elements

Laguna prequel, yes
    A sequel however, would kill it.

Laguna prequel, yes
    A sequel however, would kill it.
    I agree with that
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

That would be nice

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I vote no, as I hate virtually everything about the first game.

wow. hate though? What a harsh thing to say. (Many Moomba suround you) what was so devestatingly dreadful about it that you hate it? The long long long long long long conversations?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

First of all, I disliked most of the characters. Zell was an interesting character, and I liked him, but none of the others did anything for me whatsoever. I found them to either be shallow and undeveloped, annoying, or simply boring. Rinoa and Zell had more personality than everyone else combined. Also, I completely disliked the modern-esque world. I play Final Fantasy for the fantasy, not the reality. While FFVII had the same type of world, it was pulled off FAR better, and the world was a more interesting place. Then, there's the story. What a stinker. It was dull to begin with, and I disliked it until I reached the point where they learn that (SPOILER)they're all from the same orphanage. This struck me as a realization by the Squaresoft crew that their characters had no real connections and that the plot was dying, so they just whipped this into shape. I thought it was incredibly stupid. Couple that with the lack of an interesting villian whatsoever (aside from Seifer, who wasn't more than a henchman) and an extremely slow, dull, and annoying battle system, and you have my least favorite Final Fantasy game. Honestly, I'd rather play Superman 64 than this game. And that's saying something.

Wow. The character thing, I'll agree on. Zell was my abosolute fav. Everyone was exactly as you said, but I didn't like Ri-ri, even though she had a lot more spunk than Selphie, she was annoying, always whinig. The best thing about ehr was Angelo, who wasw named Skore, Amelio, Ken, and Might. She was a little pale too. The story was a little too dramaish. It reminded me of a real action packed Passions and, even if I didn't like the story, I never leave a job incomplete. Some parts were funny and good, like when Squall recued Ri-ri, the jokes from that were hilariuos. I get your point. So, besides Zell and Riri, you had no other like for the game?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Let's see....I enjoyed Zell's reaction to being called a chicken wuss. But then, that's Zell again...nope, that's about it. When I was around 30 hours into the game, I popped FFIX into the PS2, and got more enjoyment out of watching the opening FMV and listening to the music than I had the entire time I'd been playing FFVIII. That's when I stopped.