Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I miss Saturday morning cartoons...

Default I miss Saturday morning cartoons...

Well I really do. I remember that Saturday was the day to look forward to when I was a kid because of all of the great cartoons on. I mean, we had: Pirates of Dark Water, Spiderman, X-Men, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (original cartoon), Looney Tunes, Gargoyles, Superman, Batman, and a whole lot of other great cartoons. It had to last until early afternoon. Now, it just seems like silly nonsense is shown, and not only that, the silly nonsense that kids enjoy today doesn't even last longer than 10 a.m. or so. What sad times we live in.

EDIT: I almost forgot about The Tick.
    Last edited by Shadowdust; 11-30-2004 at 02:30 PM.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I'm sure the older folks thought what we watched was silly nonsense. But as for it not being on, that's because now there are whole cable channels devoted to cartoons/kids programming. It's kind of depressing, but I dont mind because the only instances where I'm up while Saturday morning cartoons are on is when I've been up all night previously.

yeah me too, and the cartoons that they had before school, they used to have anime at 7-8:30am, and i'd always get to see it. And other days too, the saturday ones were the best, and a few on sundays too

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really liked TMNT, My Little Ponies, Rainbow Brite, Wuzzles, Fraggle Rock, and Rose Petal Place. Among others, but those are the ones that come to mind right now.

Great and Powerful Bob Alastor Zim's Avatar

Even with all the cable channels devoted to cartoons I still don't think they are of the quality that ours were. Except for maybe spongebob.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

^ no

motor biker mice from mars

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    Yeah, no kidding! I really miss TMNT, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, X-Men, the original Power Rangers, CAP'N PLANET, hahaha VR Troopers... XD

What the crap are they showing now? =| Ed, Edd, and Eddy!? Ugh! Courage the Cowardly Dog? It's all a bunch of shiet.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

i think i watched ed edd and eddy and courage once in the afternoon, but they arn't really the classics are they? I haven't seen the superman cartoon for ages, *yells* BRING THEM BACK!! *starts to chant and waves signs* lol

A lot of the old cartoons from the early to mid 90s were good, but a lot were crap, just like today's cartoons. KidsWB and Fox both run cartoon shows on Saturday mornings from 8am to 12pm, which is about the same as it always was... so I don't get how anything's changed except the shows. There are a lot of good shows now... The new TMNT isn't half bad (the old one is actually pretty horrible... I recently watched it), the new Batman show is pretty good too. Teen Titans is really enjoyable as well and so is the Jackie Chan Adventures. The only thing is that a lot of the shows nowadays are anime that's all chopped up and stuff... but the end result isn't too bad if you haven't seen what it was like before.

Of course, we'll probably never see a cartoon with the same quality as the original Batman series... that stuff was classic, and it ran for 10 years. Not bad for a cartoon. I think the best cartoons on now are probably Teen Titans and Kim Possible.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Articles

I miss Eek the Cat.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Recess on 1 Saturday Morning was my favourite Saturday cartoon.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy is very hillarious in my opinion. It's stupid and ridiculous, but I love that stuff. And Spongebob is genius. Who would think someone could makes so many funny episodes (and so much money) out of the adventures of Sponge? Teen Titans is great too. It's one of my favourite shows on Cartoon Network.

But Captain Planet... I was just watching that this morning cause I have to wake up early for school. I hate that show. I think Captain Planet came about from a lot of people in a room trying to think up a show that could hold as many bad puns and morals as possible.

Articles

Thankfully, Recess thrives on the Disney Channel. Otherwise, I would've shot my TV a long time ago.

That, and the other show they had, Fillmore. I caught an episode of that on vacation once, and it's actually pretty witty. I'd never seen it when it was on ABC, but I approve.

Thank goodness for "The Weekenders"

I dont have cable but theres cartoon shows every morning from 7 to 9 exept sundays! Lately Cheez tv sucks (lol i still watch that show)....the hosts are out of puff after 9 nears....

p.s disney needs new material...

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    I'm sure the older folks thought what we watched was silly nonsense.
    I don't know about that. I mean, my dad would be just as into some of the cartoons when I was a kid as I was. And apparently some of the older folks I work with discussed this subject and we came up with a lot of similar shows that we enjoyed in times past.

Not a cartoon, but Adventures of Pete and Pete kicks all those shows' asses.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER