Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Squall or cloud?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

well it made a difference to Clouds battle style though and observing zack and getting his sword well thats the cloud we know now but JENOVA was dormant until Sephiroth went beserk in Mt Nibel

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Why did J-cells effect his fighting style?

Despite the fact that I like Squall more then Cloud (Not by much admittedly) I think Cloud would win, more expierenced fighter I'd say. I dont' think Squall would get his butt kicked though, but, maybe it'd be a draw.

amra

hmm, big sword vs little sword. Big sword cool, little sword even cooler. I think that if it came down to cuteness, Squall would win, cards...I'd have to say Squall again, but......GF vs big other powerful thing, Squall lights out. If squall got a decent run up with Lionheart, then sure, Cloud would die but otherwise, draw

I think this is a rather difficult question to answer. First, what are the rules for the engagements? If each is playing by the rules of their own game, then Squall could win easily. He just junctions Initiative with low HP, one Renzokuken and Cloud is dead as soon as the battle starts. Then too, Squall can limit over and over again with Aura. He doesn't need to wait for his gauge to build, like Cloud does. Of course, Cloud can equip sixteen mastered Counter Attack materia, and Squall will go down before he knew what hit him. Since the max HP of each character is 9999, the battle will be over quick. If Squall doesn't get off a limit break immeadiately, Cloud could take him out with a single use of 4xCut (from a mastered Double Cut materia). Cloud also has the advantage of being able to use his magic without reducing his stats. Still, doing 9999 damage is no problem for either character. Whoever got off the first major attack would win. Cloud's normal abilities pack more of a punch than Squall's, but Squall has the advantage of the limitless Limit Breaks. If Cloud was able to survive a Renzokuken (doubtful, considering the damage it does), then his Limit Gauge would still not be full (assuming that it was empty to begin with), since a level four Limit Break needs more than Cloud's entire HP bar to drain in order to fully charge. Of course, in the turn it takes Squall to cast Aura, Cloud can whoop his butt. Or, if he goes in with low HP, Cloud could kill him with one hit. Since either character can dish out much more than they can take, the battle will be decided by whoever gets the first heavy strike. Squall has the advantage then, since he can junction the Initiative ability and automatically go first. But, if his first hit doesn't kill Cloud, he won't have time for a second, since Cloud can counter more than a dozen times and hit four times for every normal attack.

Personally, I think it's a really pointless discussion, since I think the two would not fight. They'd get along great. Both are mercenaries with traumatic pasts...

(Oh, and just a note, when Seifer used a fire spell and followed it up with a sword slash against Squall in the intro video, why do so few people seem to realize that he was using his limit move, Fire Cross? It looks exactly like it. Which means Squall had Seifer down in low HP, and Seifer broke the rules and used his Limit Break on Squall. Squall not only survived, but he immeadiately countered. So I don't think arguing that Seifer whooped Squall in the intro is really valid. Seifer was getting his butt kicked, he cheated, and he still got bi+ched.)

(One more thing. I also think that calling Sephiroth a "general" is a bit of an overstatement. Yes, he was the commander of SOLDIER, but in rank only. He didn't pick his assignments. He was just a really powerful field agent.)
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I never got a chance to see Fire Cross! I'm deprived! When can u see it? disk one at the Comm. tower?

That's the only time Seifer's on your team, so that's the only time you can use it. But if you take your time killing Seifer the times you battle him, he will use it on you. And you'll get to see all the variations. He uses a different form of it in each battle.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Cloud. Although even if they would meet in some weird freaky other dimension crossing way thing they would get along, I think.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

i hope they wouldn't, then it would knock all of the fun out...i mean, i don't think they would see eye to eye on all things. Actually, they're both kind of quite. They'll give each other eye signals. Like both will be fighting Omega Weapon'

Cloud: *eye twitch once*
    Squall: *twitch twitch. eyebrow raise*
    Cloud: *surprised look* *eye move from side to side once, raise eyebrow, 'what the hell' look*
    Squall: *shocked look followed by eyebrow fury twitch and the lionheart eye movement*
    *both kill Omega weapon*

it migt be something like that
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Well, returning to the topic, I have to go with Cloud. As others have said, though, they would most likely be allies if they ever met.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Cloud will get hit by Renzokuken survive it summon KOTR which had HP aborb mastered equipped a counter attack mastered so if squall survives KOTR he will use Renzokuken + Fated circle its the most likely to be used though then cloud will counter downing squall plus Cloud can have stats of all 200 so his ATB gayuge fills up in 2 seconds so he can get 2 attacks before squall can launch 1 because Squalls ATB is quite slow even at high levels

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Hmm, putting it that way then yeah Cloud would win, but if we all go back to the basics, where all stats are at about 60, then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ekonis
    squal kicked the crap outa Seifer throughout the game. The intro fight Seifer cheated, and Squal still got in a finishing blow before he went down, and the rest of the battles squal won, well he had to or it was game over. I pick Squal because he is more agile and trained, Cloud is a very rounded fighter, but he is no Squall.
    Agree!!!! *Shakes Cheerleading Pom Poms* GO SQUALL!! Ok. Glad I got that off. Cloud is still cool, but he isn't like Squall. Sure, Cloud's got the huge sword an all but Squall's got a GUNBLADE! He can either shoot ya or slash ya. That's an advantage.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

i hate both characters but cloud would probebly win (Squalls a loser!)
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Nu-Uh. Oh, well... Squall's not a loser! And niether is Cloud. This should be a voting poll.