Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Squall or cloud?

In terms of battle, Squall would win b/c he is overall a bit weaker than cloud, yet much faster. Cloud wouldn't be able to hit him and Squall would quickly gain an upper hand as cloud tires from lifting a three-hundred lb swd. Ok it's not really that heavy, but you get my point. Oh, and Squall can also :shoot: Cloud's balls off
    In terms of coolness, Squall would win again b/c, first of all, VIII was better than VII and the storyline had way more character development in Squall than Cloud. And is Cloud like, (SPOILER)the ONLY main char guy in a FF that didn't die instead of his girlfriend? Weakness :twak:
    - Never argue with a fool. They drag you down to their own level and beat you with experience

I'm going fer Squall. But you guys do make this hard. As fer Cid and Zell. One easy word=Zell. Duh, everyone should know I'd vote fer him. But Cid is my fave on FF7.

Hmm...I'm suprised that more people voted for Squall rather than Cloud. Well, here's my two cents.

I won't include the part about maxing out your stats in both games, as they both had a different system, so you really can't compare them. Now, if you judge based soley on weapons, I think Cloud takes the cake. Why? Contrary to popular belief, I think that Cloud really has no trouble swinging his sword at all for a long period of time, plus he has a bigger sword, and he's much faster than Squall. I know this is AU and everything, but take KH as an example. Who was harder to beat? Squall or Cloud? Cloud of course, he was much better with his attacks.

I just wanted to point that out...But hey, ultimetely, we'll never know, because they both come from two seperate universes. But if there was a choice I'd say Cloud. Much stronger. No doubt. There's no contest...
    Nah, Aerith doesn't need to come back to life. Cloud just needs to die.
    What those evil Cleris are really thinking...

:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/blue_tifa/Faith%20Support/cloti_kiss.png[/img]--> CloTi luv, bitches.

EDIT BY BoB: The image in your sig was too large in file-size, please adjust it!

Squall, no doubt. In my eyes, superior to all the other main characters in FF.

I won't include the part about maxing out your stats in both games, as they both had a different system, so you really can't compare them. Now, if you judge based soley on weapons, I think Cloud takes the cake. Why? Contrary to popular belief, I think that Cloud really has no trouble swinging his sword at all for a long period of time, plus he has a bigger sword, and he's much faster than Squall. I know this is AU and everything, but take KH as an example. Who was harder to beat? Squall or Cloud? Cloud of course, he was much better with his attacks.
    Cloud's sword is ridiculuous, a simple concept called torque would show that. Squall has the battle training and doesn't have the noticeable weaknesses Cloud has. (the (SPOILER)oh I just gave the black materia to Sephiroth syndrome.... as I like to call it ) Cloud moving faster (all the characters in 7 move fast so the non-comparable factor easily comes into affect on this one) in the animation just shows that Square wanted to have short animations. (makes sense as the animations had nothing really going for them in 7, plus all the earlier FF's had fast animations.) Square made Cloud in KH better just to appease the annoyingly large FF7 crowd. (Plus Leon didn't even remind me of Squall. Square totally messed that up. They also took away all of Squall's good attacks.) (popularity of a game (FF7) does not tell us which character is stronger. It doesn't even tell us which character is better.)
    If you don't want to go on the battle system, then you have to take all this stuff into account=Cloud still loses.
    Squall, no doubt. In my eyes, superior to all the other main characters in FF.
    Exactly. In all the FF characters, only Auron is comparable with him in my eyes.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auronhart
    Cloud's sword is ridiculuous, a simple concept called torque would show that. Squall has the battle training and doesn't have the noticeable weaknesses Cloud has. (the (SPOILER)oh I just gave the black materia to Sephiroth syndrome.... as I like to call it ) Cloud moving faster (all the characters in 7 move fast so the non-comparable factor easily comes into affect on this one) in the animation just shows that Square wanted to have short animations. (makes sense as the animations had nothing really going for them in 7, plus all the earlier FF's had fast animations.) Square made Cloud in KH better just to appease the annoyingly large FF7 crowd. (Plus Leon didn't even remind me of Squall. Square totally messed that up. They also took away all of Squall's good attacks.) (popularity of a game (FF7) does not tell us which character is stronger. It doesn't even tell us which character is better.)
    If you don't want to go on the battle system, then you have to take all this stuff into account=Cloud still loses.
    Auronhart, did you ever know that your my hero?
    I had wanted to say something about it, but I couldn't put it into something logical

I still say that Squall would win
    I say he's faster
    If 7 and 8 had the characters attacking at the same time, Clous would be slower than Squall. And although not all of Cloud's swords are as large as the Buster Sword, they still be large enough to slow down CLoud's movements and give Squall and advantage
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Cloud may be slower..but i recon hes much more experienced ..and he knows how to control his buster sword..but like everyone said bofore...omislash v lion heart...hm..well in lion heart..he does hit it more times....doesnt he??i cant remember....but so wat if cloud is slower?? squall would knock off is buster sword..and cloud would have another one ready..like in the trailer...and swoosh....sorry squall..we love u..but i think this goes to cloud ^_^
    You know you're obsessed with FF when...:laughing:
    1) You yell at the characters. i.e "Cloud, what the heck do you think you're doing?!"
    2) You praise the characters and/or tell them you love them. i.e "Oh yeah, Squall!"or"Nice save Tidus!"
    3)You start to dress/talk/act like the characters and/or pick up their habits i.e saying ...'whatever' half the time,randomly pointing your finger in the air when you talk to someone,ect
    4) You talk about the characters as if you know them. i.e "Oh yeah, I think Cloud and Tifa should get together."or" Seifer such a big jerk!”
    5) When you're playing FF and someone asks what you're doing you reply "saving the planet".
    6) You mistakenly refer pounds/dollars/euros as Gil afew times.
    7) When you grow up you want to be a -SeeD/ Shinra Soldier/ Galbadian Soldier/ member of SOLDIER/ Sorceress/ Choco Sage/ Garden Master/President of Shinra Inc./ Turk/ Scientist/Summoner/Mage/White Mage/Sephiroth
    8) You wondered (or wished) one (or more) of the following:
    --You knew did know (and /or)knew someone as cute as Squall/Cloud/Irvine/Sephiroth/Vincent/Tidus ect,Tifa/Aerith/Yuffie/Rikku/Yuna/Rinoa/Selphie ect
    -You could go to Garden instead of school
    -You could play Blitzball in PE
    -You could drive the Ragnarok/Highwind
    - Chocobos roamed the forests near your house.
    -You wish you could use magic/materia/GF's/summons/Materia
    -You had a limit break
    :riiight:

Cloud's sword is ridiculuous, a simple concept called torque would show that. Squall has the battle training and doesn't have the noticeable weaknesses Cloud has. (the Spoiler: oh I just gave the black materia to Sephiroth syndrome.... as I like to call it )
    Umm, so what? Squall didn't have someone inside of his head telling him what to do all the time, while Cloud did. He was also infused with Mako, and he was also an ordinary human, yet he lived through it. Come on, PLEASE, Squall got his ass kicked by Seifer...That's what I call a wimp. So what if he went through military training, Cloud was a puny little Shinra guard, yet he took Zack's memories and his sword, and then became something else. But he was still himself, anyways.

Cloud moving faster (all the characters in 7 move fast so the non-comparable factor easily comes into affect on this one) in the animation just shows that Square wanted to have short animations. (makes sense as the animations had nothing really going for them in 7, plus all the earlier FF's had fast animations.) Square made Cloud in KH better just to appease the annoyingly large FF7 crowd.
    And how do you know this? Do you work at Square? *bites* Honestly...what I think is that they wanted to show how great Cloud was. He's more agile whether j00 like it or not.

(Plus Leon didn't even remind me of Squall. Square totally messed that up. They also took away all of Squall's good attacks.) (popularity of a game (FF7) does not tell us which character is stronger. It doesn't even tell us which character is better.)
    Cloud=winna! Bigger sword and agility=teh sex

Pwned!
    Nah, Aerith doesn't need to come back to life. Cloud just needs to die.
    What those evil Cleris are really thinking...

:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/blue_tifa/Faith%20Support/cloti_kiss.png[/img]--> CloTi luv, bitches.

EDIT BY BoB: The image in your sig was too large in file-size, please adjust it!

squal kicked the crap outa Seifer throughout the game. The intro fight Seifer cheated, and Squal still got in a finishing blow before he went down, and the rest of the battles squal won, well he had to or it was game over. I pick Squal because he is more agile and trained, Cloud is a very rounded fighter, but he is no Squall.
    The end is near, do not look twards the heavens, yet look to your home and what you will leave behind.

Squall would win.
    Think of this. What is stronger of these ?
    1-Omnislash
    or
    2-Renzokuken+Lionheart

ok soo if wree gonna look into their limit breaks.....squall uses his limit break when his gp is at critrical..but cloud uses his when he is damaged a certain amount .reguardless of his Hp. how about their other limit breaks!?!we cant just look apon limti break against limit break..its abotut their skills as fighters. i recon cloud as he is more experienced as a fighter and he is mentally stronger...he knew (SPOILER)spehy was still alive in the end before he unleashed his omislash but squall ..(SPOILER)rememmber when he beat ultimica..he couldnt find his way back with out the help of rinoa.. also cloud has been through more weird states..like in a wheelchair and when he couldnt find out who he was ..he nearly went mad..but he survived. aswell as the mako ..hes stronger then zack..but spehy underestimated him.this one goes to cloud ^_^
    1) You yell at the characters. i.e "Cloud, what the heck do you think you're doing?!"
    2) You praise the characters and/or tell them you love them. i.e "Oh yeah, Squall!"or"Nice save Tidus!"
    3)You start to dress/talk/act like the characters and/or pick up their habits i.e saying ...'whatever' half the time,randomly pointing your finger in the air when you talk to someone,ect
    4) You talk about the characters as if you know them. i.e "Oh yeah, I think Cloud and Tifa should get together."or" Seifer such a big jerk!”
    5) When you're playing FF and someone asks what you're doing you reply "saving the planet".
    7) When you grow up you want to be a -SeeD/ Shinra Soldier/ Galbadian Soldier/ member of SOLDIER/ Sorceress/ Choco Sage/ Garden Master/President of Shinra Inc./ Turk/ Scientist/Summoner/Mage/White Mage/Sephiroth
    --You knew did know (and /or)knew someone as cute as Squall/Cloud/Irvine/Sephiroth/Vincent/Tidus ect,Tifa/Aerith/Yuffie/Rikku/Yuna/Rinoa/Selphie ect
    -You had a limit break

with out Tifa, Cloud wouldn't have made it out of the Crater, so Rinoa helping Squall doesn't make Squall weaker.
    The end is near, do not look twards the heavens, yet look to your home and what you will leave behind.

mm, so what? Squall didn't have someone inside of his head telling him what to do all the time, while Cloud did. He was also infused with Mako, and he was also an ordinary human, yet he lived through it. Come on, PLEASE, Squall got his ass kicked by Seifer...That's what I call a wimp. So what if he went through military training, Cloud was a puny little Shinra guard, yet he took Zack's memories and his sword, and then became something else. But he was still himself, anyways.
    A wimp is not someone who gets hurt at some point. (especially when his opponent cheats) A wimp is either a person who is physically weak (Squall does not fit in this category because Seifer does not fit in this category) or someone who just lets their emotions, fear (you notice Squall just gets up and uses rough divide on Seifer) or others control them. (different types of weaknesses) Look in the FF7 script, Cloud says "The combination of Jenova cells, Sephiroth's strong will and my own weakness are what created me.".

And how do you know this? Do you work at Square? *bites* Honestly...what I think is that they wanted to show how great Cloud was. He's more agile whether j00 like it or not.
    The facts I put there are correct (1. all FF7 characters move fast and 2. earlier FF animations were short) whether you choose to ignore them or not is entirely up to you.
    Cloud=winna! Bigger sword and agility=teh sex
    Pwned!
    Whatever.
    (SPOILER)he knew spehy was still alive in the end before he unleashed his omislash but squall ..rememmber when he beat ultimica..(SPOILER)he couldnt find his way back with out the help of rinoa..
    Irrelevant, in the time compressed world the rules were changed. The only reason Squall could not make it back on his own is because no one could make it back on their own in time compression. (he got lost and then when no one responded, he started to believe he was alone) As for cloud, it was obvious that Sephiroth was still around, because he was being "called". (plus that doesn't tell us anything about whether he was a wimp or not)
    with out Tifa, Cloud wouldn't have made it out of the Crater, so Rinoa helping Squall doesn't make Squall weaker.
    Good point.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: How about this? Squall & Cloud, realizing how there are already so many threads created about them, bask in their glory, and eventually come to a draw, riding their chocobos off into the distance.

THE END

yep..thats sounds nice to me...^_^sorted??.......
    -You had a limit break