Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Squall or cloud?

somethings been troubling me- it may not be directly related to the post, but who would win- cid highwind from ff7 or zell? i have not gotten cid in my party yet, so i dont know how good he is.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

Cid's good, real nice nd a fluent life saver in my book, but I think Zell might kick ass for the simple fact that he kicks ass. but down to statistics and stuff, Cid has a longer reach than Zell and could either hit Zell from afar or keep him at a distance
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Cid's good, real nice nd a fluent life saver in my book, but I think Zell might kick ass for the simple fact that he kicks ass. but down to statistics and stuff, Cid has a longer reach than Zell and could either hit Zell from afar or keep him at a distance
    Zell, no question. His limit break is unstoppable. (quite a bit stronger than lionheart if you use armageddon fist with a strong Zell) For FF7, Cid is the second most powerful character (Cloud is the strongest). Vincent can be powerful if you power up death penalty, but he has annoying limits... .
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hmm... considering their background. SPOILER WARNING

Cloud has failed getting into SOLDIER. Also, he doens't have that much experience with the Buster Sword, as he just took it after Zack died. Squall on the other hand is one of the best students of his year in SeeD.

HOWEVER...

Cloud has had his strength beefed by the Mako treatment, so while he doesn't have the TRAINING to be a SOLDIER, he does have their power, at least enough to fool people (and himself) into believeing he is.

So it ends up being Strength (Cloud) VS Skill (Squall) I might give Cloud the edge in a simple one on one , fight till someone dropsbattle. However, once we're talking a more tactical battle (get somewhere first, steal something, protect someone) Squall's training will give him the egde.

As to Seifer and Sephiroth. Seifer is a washed out SeeD (more for reasons of discipline than comeptence in battle but hey...) while Sephiroth is a 'treated' and experienced soldier. Advantadge Sephiroth. However, Sephiroth has a nasty case of 'not killing or even imprisoning your enemies while you can' and Seifer on the other hand is stubborn. Smack him down and he'll bounce right back a minute later. Just too damn stubborn to give up. Likely the General gets bored and decapitates the Knight at a certain time, but me liking Seifer I'm hoping Sephiroth just keeps tempting fate till the Hyperion-wielder tastes victory.
    The storm was coming? Light, he WAS the storm

-Rand Al'Thor.Path of Daggers. Robert Jordan

Zell, no question. His limit break is unstoppable. (quite a bit stronger than lionheart if you use armageddon fist with a strong Zell) For FF7, Cid is the second most powerful character (Cloud is the strongest). Vincent can be powerful if you power up death penalty, but he has annoying limits... .
    I never used Armeggadon fist for the fact that I didn't know about it or have been using My Final Heaven or whatever it's called. (Haven't played in a while, badbad me)

So it ends up being Strength (Cloud) VS Skill (Squall) I might give Cloud the edge in a simple one on one , fight till someone dropsbattle. However, once we're talking a more tactical battle (get somewhere first, steal something, protect someone) Squall's training will give him the egde.
    Witht the strength vs skill thing, I shoose skill over shtrength, so in the Leonhart's corner on this one. I think it's nothing to have power if you don't have the SKILL to put in good use. Just like if I had to choose, I'd choose speed and agility over pure strength. Sure, one hit could knock me out, but that's only IF you hit me, right?

(me dancing) can't touch this.............can't touch this....
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

I never used Armeggadon fist for the fact that I didn't know about it or have been using My Final Heaven or whatever it's called. (Haven't played in a while, badbad me)
    Armageddon fist refers to doing the punch rush/booya combo over and over. (you can get in a lot of hits because you know what is coming up and those two are really easy to do) Some people use heel drop/booya, but punch rush is much easier to do and while it does a little less damage, it is pretty easy to do it twice as fast as heel drop. (in my experience anyways)(my record so far for a punch rush is 0.03 seconds)

thanks. PR-booya-pR-booya, how many times?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Please remember these rules when posting:

1. No double posting. Use edit/delete instead.

2. Stay on topic. Plesae take all off topic conversations to pms or ims.

I like Cloud better, but I'm not sure who would win in a street fight.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

thanks. PR-booya-pR-booya, how many times?
    in a twelve second duel you can do the combo 40 times (this isn't exactly easy though). 30 times is more realistic for most people. (60 attacks) With max luck and strength, I'm pretty sure Zell can do 9999 with these attacks as well. It takes some practice to get to 30 combos and quite a lot to get to 40.

2. Stay on topic. Plesae take all off topic conversations to pms or ims.
    Ok, hopefully this topic will stop wandering soon.

Stay on topic. Plesae take all off topic conversations to pms or ims.
    How long have we been off topic?
    Why does that seem to happen when I post? What a strnge thing to happen...(About to take post off subject but stops) hehe

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Yazoo'squeen
    How long have we been off topic?
    Too long. Read the title and first post when you reply. If what you are going to say doesn't have anything to do with that subject, then don't reply. Thanks.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Too long. Read the title and first post when you reply. If what you are going to say doesn't have anything to do with that subject, then don't reply. Thanks.
    Gotcha

Default sephiroth v omega weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Far S L
    obviously :rolleyes2 , everything for them would be a breeze, just a scratch would kill and normal feind *shrug*

*slaps self* get image out of head *continues to slap self*
    forget squall and cloud, what about sephiroth vs omega weapon! his masamune against omegas ultimate weapon.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by FFVIII Fan
    forget squall and cloud, what about sephiroth vs omega weapon! his masamune against omegas ultimate weapon.
    -scene-:
    Sephiroth: HAHAHA!! i will kill you
    Omega: HAHAHA No you won't i will blow you to bits!!!
    Sephiroth: BRING IT ON!!!!!
    Omega: Fine....(what an idiot :rolleyes2 ) *fires the thing that does 9998 damage*
    *STOMP* ewww now i got another dude stuck to my foot

that's what could happen!

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Or maybe it'll go a little something like this

Seppy: You're challenging me?
    Omega: OOOOH Yeah
    Seppy: Bring it on!
    Omega: (Starts his attack when Cloud comes in)
    Cloud: Hey, what about me? I thought I was gonna beat you up
    Seppy: (Sighs) For the love of meteors Cloud, must you?
    Cloud: It's just that Nanaki is getting very irritated and is beginning to use Barret as a scratching post
    (Omega weapon, annoyed, blows everything to bits and ancidentally blows himself up)
    Seppy: Take that! You're so stupid you blew yourself up! (Laughs evilly for ten hours)
    Cloud: Now you'll deal with us!
    (Cloud and company defeat Seppy)

Well, Seppy vs Omega is kind of like...I don't know. Maybe Seppy couldn't win, but then again, Squall could...but Squall was stronger...Go Omega weapon...(nervous glance towards RSLchick)