Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Squall or cloud?

Oh come off it! You can't really say that Squall is better and claim it as fact just because of his "godly" limit break. Cloud has a bigger sword. He has mako in his blood. Therefore he wins.

:rolleyes2

Squall has a small sword. And he doesn't move as fast as Cloud. Cloud is obviously stronger seeying as how he can weild a gigantic weapen withought getting tired too quick. He isn't weak. That's a joke. Squall is weaker, if HE tried to pick up Cloud's buster sword, he would have a lot of trouble doing so. Guaranteed.
    Nah, Aerith doesn't need to come back to life. Cloud just needs to die.
    What those evil Cleris are really thinking...

:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/blue_tifa/Faith%20Support/cloti_kiss.png[/img]--> CloTi luv, bitches.

EDIT BY BoB: The image in your sig was too large in file-size, please adjust it!

Is this topic not a bit biased towars Squall since it's in the FFVIII forum of all places? Well, I vote Squall because I don't like Cloud. But since that doesn't matter in a fight...
    It doesn't matter who wins, but you have to hand it to Squall for being a main male that doesn't have suped up super powers and can take on a Mako-induced... I'd say moron, but others would find that offensive.

Squall is weaker, if HE tried to pick up Cloud's buster sword, he would have a lot of trouble doing so. Guaranteed.
    That depends if they're made of the same material or not. The gunblade could have a lot of excess that weighs it down to be just as heavy as the buster sword, or the buster sword could be made of a lighter material. A shotgun is heavier than a sword of the same size. So who's to say a gunblade wouldn't be the same weight as a big-ass sword?

Come on, PLEASE, Squall got his ass kicked by Seifer
    And then later Seifer got his ass kicked by Squall. I don't see your logic. Would the two, Cloud and Squall, be facing eachother if they had only the strength available at the beginning of their respective games?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

squall doesn't have a *sword* though

it's a *gunblade* however lame the name may be

If necessary, he could always back away from the fight and start taking potshots from a distance. I'm sure it'd be very capable of it.

(And of course we're biased-- squall is just that cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Quistis Trepe
    Is this topic not a bit biased towars Squall since it's in the FFVIII forum of all places? Well, I vote Squall because I don't like Cloud. But since that doesn't matter in a fight...
    It doesn't matter who wins, but you have to hand it to Squall for being a main male that doesn't have suped up super powers and can take on a Mako-induced... I'd say moron, but others would find that offensive.
    Cloud doesn't have superpowers...He was injected with mako, which could have been LETHAL, but he survived it.

That depends if they're made of the same material or not. The gunblade could have a lot of excess that weighs it down to be just as heavy as the buster sword, or the buster sword could be made of a lighter material. A shotgun is heavier than a sword of the same size. So who's to say a gunblade wouldn't be the same weight as a big-ass sword?
    Not really...The bustersword is made of pure metal, obviously. It's bigger, therefore it's heavier.

And then later Seifer got his ass kicked by Squall. I don't see your logic. Would the two, Cloud and Squall, be facing eachother if they had only the strength available at the beginning of their respective games?
    Yeah, but difference is as that Cloud won against Sephiroth in all of their encounters.

But anyway, in logical terms, I'm just saying, it would be more LOGICAL to say that Cloud would win. He's more pumped up than Squall is. More warrior-like. Squall hasn't had as much expirience as Cloud had. Not to mention all the emotional trauma Cloud had to go through.

:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/blue_tifa/Faith%20Support/cloti_kiss.png[/img]--> CloTi luv, bitches.

EDIT BY BoB: The image in your sig was too large in file-size, please adjust it!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Squall would kick clouds arse bad Clouds armour and weapon would slow him down plus his attacks are too basic you see Squall has had the training of military since he joined Balamb Garden he has fought sorceressess the Gunblade can be held in one hand so squall can fire magic then follow up with an attack the Buster maybe big but if you look its quite thin so it will shatter with a few attacks from squall then cloud will hurt squall. Squall uses Renzokuken + Lionheart Cloud gets defeated. Squall can use Renzokuken a few times in a row and the junction system allows elemental based attacking and defense so clouds magic is useless whilst squall casts meltdown on clouds sword so its crap. Cloud is very basic and predictable he has more strength than squall less speed and vitality though so Squall will win cloud easilly with a few combos with the trigger command shattering all of clouds swords making him defensless.

The Mafia is after me!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Tifa
    Not really...The bustersword is made of pure metal, obviously. It's bigger, therefore it's heavier.
    how is that so? just because it has a larger size, doe not mean it has a larger mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    Squall would kick clouds arse bad Clouds armour and weapon would slow him down plus his attacks are too basic you see Squall has had the training of military since he joined Balamb Garden he has fought sorceressess the Gunblade can be held in one hand so squall can fire magic then follow up with an attack the Buster maybe big but if you look its quite thin so it will shatter with a few attacks from squall then cloud will hurt squall. Squall uses Renzokuken + Lionheart Cloud gets defeated. Squall can use Renzokuken a few times in a row and the junction system allows elemental based attacking and defense so clouds magic is useless whilst squall casts meltdown on clouds sword so its crap. Cloud is very basic and predictable he has more strength than squall less speed and vitality though so Squall will win cloud easilly with a few combos with the trigger command shattering all of clouds swords making him defensless.

The Mafia is after me!!!!!
    ok please, less coffee, and more commas. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Mate Nats
    awww
    i love you matt
    you rock
    you always cheer me up
    you make me giggle
    oh...trout....i dont love you in that way

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not obvious that the buster sword is solid.

Not unless you have x-ray vision. which I know I don't

and blue midget is right-- volume!= mass!=density

meltdown lowers strength? I thought it just killed vitality. and how exactly does using the trigger with squall's gunblade break weapons?

but anyways, yay squall.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

and how exactly does using the trigger with squall's gunblade break weapons?
    When you use the trigger it helps up critical attacks, allowing more damage to the enemy
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

I would say Squall. FFVIII has monsters a little bit harder to beat than FFVII. But its mainly all on luck and we may never find out. Unless square releases a game with every single FF character(very low chance of that). Or if someone morphed the games together...?

It would be a even match even though the results can't be told.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

well some of the Bosses on FF8 are really difficult Imagine having to beat Ultima Weapon ff8 Emerlad weapon ff7 Omega weapon ff8 Ultimecia ff8 and Sephiroth ff7 in one battle

It's not obvious that the buster sword is solid.
    Umm...what?

Sorry, but it's common sense...

Yeah, but difference is as that Cloud won against Sephiroth in all of their encounters.
    Cloud's first "encounter" with Sephiroth was not a fight. Simple. It was obvious that if it has been a regular fight at that point in the game, Sephiroth would have ripped Cloud apart.
    As people have said, density=mass/volume, Squall's gunblade could easily be made of a more dense metal.
    But anyway, in logical terms, I'm just saying, it would be more LOGICAL to say that Cloud would win.
    Don't bring logic into the picture, because the following are just opinions.
    He's more pumped up than Squall is.
    More warrior-like.
    Logical arguments only follow from facts not opinions, (or opinions which everyone agrees on) many people, including myself, disagree with both of these, which makes them opinions.
    Squall hasn't had as much expirience as Cloud had.
    What experience did Cloud have, (SPOILER)being a soldier in the Shinra army who couldn't even make it into Soldier? Squall has been training since he was young to be a fighter.
    Not to mention all the emotional trauma Cloud had to go through.
    His response to the emotional trauma/mako/Jenova cell injection only shows that he was weaker than other people in the game, (who took similar abuse and came out fine) it doesn't give him any advantage over any other character.
    Last edited by Auronhart; 01-08-2005 at 10:40 PM.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Auronhart
    Cloud's first "encounter" with Sephiroth was not a fight. Simple. It was obvious that if it has been a regular fight at that point in the game, Sephiroth would have ripped Cloud apart.
    What are you talking about? Cloud got stabbed from Sephiroth's sword in the mako reactor, and in his rage, threw Sephiroth over the edge. WHILE he was still being stabbed through, might I add. Squall's a wimp who got flung back in the beginning of the game when Seifer flung a fireball at him. *snort*

As people have said, density=mass/volume, Squall's gunblade could easily be made of a more dense metal.
    Now that's just getting desperate... Cloud's sword is MUCH bigger than Squall's. A gun is easier to pick up than a sword that big...

Don't bring logic into the picture, because the following are just opinions.

Logical arguments only follow from facts not opinions, (or opinions which everyone agrees on) many people, including myself, disagree with both of these, which makes them opinions.
    I know what logic is.

What experience did Cloud have, (SPOILER)being a soldier in the Shinra army who couldn't even make it into Soldier? Squall has been training since he was young to be a fighter.
    Itdoesn't matter. Who cares if Squall was trained longer than Cloud? He's still an "ordinary" human. Cloud was supposedly weaker than Zack, yet he defeated the great general, Sephiroth. Although it is never explained HOW he did it. Still, that doesn't change the fact that Cloud is STRONG.

ponse to the emotional trauma/mako/Jenova cell injection only shows that he was weaker than other people in the game, (who took similar abuse and came out fine) it doesn't give him any advantage over any other character.
    What? When was it ever shown in the game that Barret, Cid, Yuffie, Nanaki....ect....Were bullied as children, failed to make it into SOLDIER, deemed as a failed experiment, get mako poisening and survive, and have someone controlling their mind all the time, eh?

*whistles*

Fun fun fun.

*kicks Squall and sticks tounge out*

i liked squall better.

dunno why
    "We cling to out secrets, our doubts, our memories... We're never able to put them aside. Even though they confuse us, there are some things we can only find in that confusion. I think... Its okay to feel that way" Yuna *FFX-2*

How about this for an argument, SOLDIER vs SeeD