Thread: Fox-Enough with the ridiculous reality tv!

Default Fox-Enough with the ridiculous reality tv!

I'm so sick of Fox's antics. It's like they tease you with great shows and then they rip them out of your hands and replace them with ridiclous reality television shows. Let's see, we had Firefly, John Doe, Wonderfalls, and Tru Calling all cancelled. I know Tru Calling isn't cancelled yet, but from what I understand, it's only coming back for 13 episodes. Why even bother giving us great shows if they're just going to cancel them after a few episodes? And then you see shows like The Simple Life and My Big Fat Obnoxious [insert name here] returning for new seasons. It's just complete nonsense. Is this what the general populace is looking for, mindless reality television that doesn't pique your imagination?

I loathe reality tv. I'm hoping it will soon run its course, but.....meh. As long as there are people around with no lives, they will want to watch someone else's.

Doesn't anyone else think that MTV should have to change their name? I mean, really. When the hell do they play music videos anymore? It's always Road Rules this, Pimp My Ride that. And don't try to say that TRL is the place for the videos. They play not even half of a video, and even then it's saturated with fans giving 'shoutouts' on top of it. /rant

Yes, I agree with you, there is too much reality tv.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonsEcho
    I loathe reality tv. I'm hoping it will soon run its course, but.....meh. As long as there are people around with no lives, they will want to watch someone else's.

Doesn't anyone else think that MTV should have to change their name? I mean, really. When the hell do they play music videos anymore? It's always Road Rules this, Pimp My Ride that. And don't try to say that TRL is the place for the videos. They play not even half of a video, and even then it's saturated with fans giving 'shoutouts' on top of it. /rant

Yes, I agree with you, there is too much reality tv.
    Yes, MTV isn't exactly Music Television anymore. Although MTV could still remain their name since it could easily be changed to Media Television. Honestly, I hope you're right and it runs its course. I have to wonder if people will have imaginations left by the time it has run its course.

Because of reality TV, the programs I watch are all animated with the exception of Iron Chef and Malcom in the Middle if it isn't cancelled by football (that's a rant for another day.) Television is pretty much garbage nowadays IMO.
    Do the la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lalaaa-laa-lada!

Everything you wanted to know about my RPGs and more.

Blog Entries

Football is not garbage

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually watched "My big fat obnoxious boss" last night and it was horrible. How these people don't figure out that it's all fake is beyond me. They have to be incredibly stupid to think a REAL boss would act like that! What boss would bring his female interview-ies on his yacht and make them wear bikinis? C'mon.

And I hate MTV for only playing music videos at like 1am. That is, if it isn't a 200 hour road rules marathon.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's worst of the whole MTV situation is the fact that they made MTV2, which at first, showed music videos all the time, but now pretty much is just MTV <i>the sequel.</i> The equivelant of CSPAN, CSPAN 2 and CSPAN 3 - the same garbage, different time slots. And VH1 may as well be called "The Gay Guys Making Fun of Pop Culture Channel."

But yeah. I don't watch much TV outside of Comedy Central and Cartoon Network.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like Fox because they take chances on different types of shows. Sure, some of them are dumb, but I don't think any of the other big 4 networks would have ever gone with ideas like Married With Children, The Simpsons, 24, and Arrested Development.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Is this what the general populace is looking for, mindless reality television that doesn't pique your imagination?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkKnight
    Iron Chef
    As soon as i saw that i jumped....i Love that show....and "Amazing Race"...the rest i dont really care for

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Blog Entries

Well, the first Survivor was good. And the first Joe Shmoe was fantastic.
    And even the beginning parts of My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance were funny.

I don't think that Reality TV has failed. I just think that it needs constant creative work in order to maintain that it works. The biggest problem is that there was a Survivor 2 and 3 and 4 and a Joe Shmoe 2 etc.
    That's the problem.

If we only had 1 Survivor. 1 Joe Shmoe. 1 Joe Millionaire (Who really isn't) and so on, then reality TV would always be new and exciting and interesting.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmm. I didn't get to see the first Joe Schmoe, but I loved the second one. Crazy stuff there.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Judge (Insert Name) Shows are even more entertaining than most reality shows.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.