Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An end to controlers?

Oh my god. Necronopticous is a sim!

anyways I have seen the steel batalion controler. Its the size of 3 X-boxs (i.e. luxomburg.)
    Word/s.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

No...I like controllers. Then again I don't play games anymore so meh.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Controlers won't ever end. Aslong as most gamers don't feel like having to thrust their arm to the right every time they want to talk to an NPC or open a menu instead of pressing a simple button on a hand-held control, controllers will reign suprme.

Although I do predict a change in controller design, involving the vibrate function, aimed at lonely males.

I play videogames so that I don't have to exert myself. If I wanted to dance, which I don't, I'd go dance. I don't need to buy a fancy pad to pretend I'm dancing on television. I have a radio. I have a floor. If I want to play a fighting game, I don't really want to get up and wrestle my friend to see the action translated on screen. They have bicycle racing games that use exercise bikes as controllers. I have a bicycle already, and the real world looks more realistic than the image on tv. Why in the world would anyone want controlling a videogame to entail doing the action physically that you see on the screen? If you're going to go and do whatever physically anyway, why waste $50 on a game?
    Knock yourselves down.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's uneconomical to end the use of controllers. Think about it, how much more would games cost if they all came with their own controllers? A standardized controller for every system (or what would really be cool, one controller that fits every system) is so much easier.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Garland
    I play videogames so that I don't have to exert myself. If I wanted to dance, which I don't, I'd go dance. I don't need to buy a fancy pad to pretend I'm dancing on television. I have a radio. I have a floor. If I want to play a fighting game, I don't really want to get up and wrestle my friend to see the action translated on screen. They have bicycle racing games that use exercise bikes as controllers. I have a bicycle already, and the real world looks more realistic than the image on tv. Why in the world would anyone want controlling a videogame to entail doing the action physically that you see on the screen? If you're going to go and do whatever physically anyway, why waste $50 on a game?
    Holy crap someone else ponders some of what I do!

Yeah Garland, I've been asking that ever since I found out what DDR was. Doesn't mean I won't play them, but I certainly won't go pay $100s of dollars to play one...like so many people are doing lately.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

There's a martial arts DDR game (yes I am serious) that uses a simplified motion detector for its movements. That's about as close to free-moving as you can get. As for holographic buttons, that's VERY expensive technology, so not for another 10 years IMO