Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAARRRGGHH!! STUPID TOUGH MONSTERS!! *spoilers may exist*

Garkimasera is simple

just get lvl 5 Doom in the Ancient Library and use it against Garky

Skull Eaters... tough^^ throw command works nice, but it isn't worth ist... I don't remember how to kill them, sry

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr
    Why did you want to catch it?
    Enemies in the (spoilers?) early second world on the big bridge give experience and the only way (that I know of) to not get that experience is to catch and release Garkimasra. They cast condemn when released, and if an enemy dies from condemn, you don't get the experience.
    - Not Dave

Skull eaters give lots of AP and if the monster runs away it still gives you AP.
    I like to get AP there in the first world

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

good way for skull eaters (I haven't been to the whatever floating ruins (can't remember the name^^) yet and they're pretty easy to glean 5ap out of)

Grab a couple of white mages, or two people with whitelv3, a ninja (or someone that knows throw, but that takes a while, I thinkX.x) and a third person with black magic (also good to give to the white mages)

Black magic onto the single skull eater. Do 0 dmg. He'll disappear and five or six more will replace him. Toss a flame/bolt/whatever tech on them. poof. quite a bit of gil (enough to buy more techs) and not to mention the 5ap.

If you're lucky, he'll run away before you do anything. If you aren't, well, that's what the white mages (who should know *life* btw) are for.

Happy grey squirrel killing.

--if you have the airship whatevermabobby, fly on over to bartz' hometown (lixx, rix, whatever) if not, walk to jacole. I prefer flying. cheaper and all.--

hmmm, I think I missed a lot of spells and summons going through this just now. I just played FF5 for the first time for about 12 hours straight. It kept me up all night. That's saying something. I am enjoying it a lot, but I have a feeling that I am getting to the part where you have to spend a lot of time leveling up.

That amniesiac guy just left, so I have no Black or Blue magic OR call magic... just realized the call. I don't really want to go to the other world, I like this one just fine. It seems more friendly than the other one is gonna be. Is the second world like the Moon/Moon's Core in FF4? Cause if it is I guess I won't be playing it like I have been.

Anyway, I noticed those squirrels are a great source for Ability Points. 2 points for killing three guys with 15-25 hp! Also those grey squirrels aren't that bad, you just gotta make em run. I guess I'll have to try that black magic trick.

I never killed that gargumaster (sp.) guy. Just used my ninja's (which kick ass btw) smoke ability and got away every time.
    <----Old Fogey

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

the second world isn't that scary. It's just another world(and much nicer than the Moon, and a lot further from the ending). Just go through it already, and remember to get into a lot of battles on the first island you end up on (they're easy fighting and drop tents like crazy. You wont' need to buy any until you need to use cottages)

If you need magic, make someone a mage. It's best to level your mages up first thing so that you can have awesome physical fighters with lvl5 black magic(or lvl5 call or lvl5 white^^)

On the note of AP gaining, there's a castle somewhere in the second world that has stone soldiers-- you can throw softs at them and also get a ton of ap. (I think it's 2 ap per soldier, and they come in large groups, plus they pay off enough gil to keep buying softs (which are located in a convenient shop inside the castle itself. yippee!)

in the third world you could probably choose either, but probably won't need to (seriously, I mastered like a ton of job classes before I left that castle in the second world. especially the black and white magic ones)

You shouldn't really *have* to level up (the part I remember levelling for was when I was going to the ancient library place so I could learn lvl5doom) levelling AP is much more important, imho.

You probably will be able to buy any spells you missed in the second world (and much much nicer onesDDDD) and well, I think there's a time for the summons later. The first ones aren't too necessary by the end of the game(I think you can only get the bought ones and ifrit shiva and ramuh in the first world)