Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAARRRGGHH!! STUPID TOUGH MONSTERS!! *spoilers may exist*

Default AAARRRGGHH!! STUPID TOUGH MONSTERS!! *spoilers may exist*

Well, I've got headaches. MASSIVE headaches. Mainly because of two monsters early in the game (haven't finished it yet)

Garkimasra (Water Temple Shrine): No matter what I hit him with, he either absorbs it or it's a *miss*. WTF?!
    Skull Eater: This guy lands a punch, does 1500 damage (and kills a character), then either him or me runs away. Stupid ****er...

So would you mind helping me out?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

For Garkimasra, do exactly what he says. Whatever he does, copy
    Skull Eater's are supposed to be hard for a reason. Throw everything you have at them. You may kill them, you may not. The better your equipment/skills/levels, the easier it is, like most monsters in the game.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

Avoid the Skulleaters until the later stages of the game. Just run or steal and then run whenever you encounter one of those.

Edit- was thinking of wrong monster
    Last edited by Remnant; 12-11-2004 at 05:41 PM.
    The next time you're feeling so invincible that you don't feel like saving, remember this sig- TAKE TWO SECONDS AND SAVE TWO HOURS! SAVE YOUR GAME!

Blog Entries

There is a way to kill the skull eaters that I can't recall.

There is also a way to kill skull eaters that I can recall.

Get the geomancer and use the elemental attack on them. (I think it's pretty quick getting the Element ability so you don't always need a geomancer in your party)

There's a 2 out of 3 chance that the element attack will be a kind that does damage to the skull eater. You'll be rewarded 5 ABP points so it's worth it to kill the suckers.

I wish I could remember the other couple methods that I stumbled on... It might be sword dance, but I'm not sure. Either way, they only have 2, or maybe even 1 HP. The problem is getting rid of it.

Don't know how to kill Garkimasra. Musta never given me trouble because I can recall the name but nothing else. Keep at it, I guess. You'll figure out the techniques.

To beat Skulleaters:

Use the Geomancer's !Terrain ability.

Or throw Techs(/Scrolls)

Or use Blowfish or Exploder Blue Magic.

Or use Guard until they run away.
    - Not Dave

Blog Entries

Oh! Wait! Now I remember the Garkimasra!

I remember killing it once. The bastard has 666 HPs.

I don't know how to kill it now.

Maxx: Are you sure you're not thinking of the Mimic?

There was a way. And I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the Bio spell with magical sword. Hmmm... He may be immune to magic. It may be element again or sword dancing him a lot.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When in the basement of the Worus castle where you face garkimasera, just put a thief in your party and run away every time. No sense in trying to win since you want the treasure as early as you cna get it.

For skulleaters, there are various special attacks that do good amounts of damage. They aren't too tough to kill if you are careful, and the ABP are worth it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    When in the basement of the Worus castle where you face garkimasera, just put a thief in your party and run away every time. No sense in trying to win since you want the treasure as early as you cna get it.

That's right!

Run through with a thief as fast as possible! I never killed any of them!

You can kill it by throwing weapons or (I think) with the Blowfish Blue Magic. For my low-level game, I had to weaken it until I could catch it, which is harder than killing it.
    - Not Dave

Blog Entries

Why did you want to catch it?

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc

For skulleaters, there are various special attacks that do good amounts of damage. They aren't too tough to kill if you are careful, and the ABP are worth it.
    Run as in "Push L+R simultaneously" or Run as in "Use Theif's Escape Ability"? Because normal running doesn't seem to work before he annihilates my team...

That thing is a pain. The escape ability is the best bet, just set everyone to thief and bring a phoneix down or two. You might end up losing more money in downs than you really gain from the items down there.
    Last edited by Remnant; 12-11-2004 at 05:47 PM.
    The next time you're feeling so invincible that you don't feel like saving, remember this sig- TAKE TWO SECONDS AND SAVE TWO HOURS! SAVE YOUR GAME!

If you plan to get the Brave Blade later in the game, you should choose not to venture down in the castle basement, because each run takes away attack power from the Brave Blade.
    - Not Dave

Yeah that "Garkimasra" guy's almost impossible to beat. I killed him with some sorta Death-like magic (Blue magic, maybe? It's been so long...) and I got 1 GP and nothing else O.o! I was so pissed! And with the Skull Eaters if you just sit there and do nothing they usually just run away on their own. That or you can defend untill they do.

~Jim