Thread: Cards

Default Cards

So, I just got the game after i sold it a couple of years ago...
    I started playing cards, and thats it. I finished the first disc in almost 20 hours. But as reward, squall is on level 18, but his HP is 3200, his strenght is 90+ and he got status attack: death 100%
    except for the strenght and status part, so is every on else on my party.
    LOVE CARDS

LOVE CARDS
    Yeah, you probably haven't met the super evil "random" (chooses random cards from your deck) rule yet. (You can just get it abolished though or mod your bad cards, but it is still irritating) The computer is very good with Plus as well, but if it traps you with that rule then I would say it's fair game. Aside from the Random rule I really enjoy playing cards.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Yeah, agree, I hate the random rule, but i also like Card mod, so i usually only have cards from LV. 8 and up

Random, Plus, and Direct rules are my hated rules...

"A true warrior's sleep is Death."

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Xxiawakin
    Random, Plus, and Direct rules are my hated rules...
    hate random...
    i never understood plus or direct what do they do??

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

However, Plus is a different story especially if you don't have Open, so you could easily set yourself up for disaster. Direct sucks massive ass too. You always have to be careful never to "sacrifice" a card to win a game, which I do often, and in the end it ruins my strategy. All together, those three rules combined make card playing hell.
    True enough, I forgot about that combo. If you have open and the computer uses plus on you it is your own fault though. Direct is only really bad with plus and no open as my strategy is to make sure they can't take any of your cards.
    i never understood plus or direct what do they do??
    Plus means that when they place a card that is adjacent to two or more other cards, if the at least two numbers next to each other (on different cards) add up to the same value, it will flip all the adjacent cards. Often the combo rule is in effect as well and that means that if any of those adjacent cards could flip the ones next to them, they would do that as well. (theoretically, they could go from you having all 8 cards on the board to them having all 9 if the center square was open) As a simple example, (i am going to place the numbers in this order Left, Right, Down, Up these are just theoretical cards) if you have a card that is A,7,8,9 in the left-middle position and they have a card that is 5,8,2,1 in the bottom middle position, then they could place either a card that had a down value of A and a left value of 1 (because for that side those numbers are the only options) or a card that had a right value that was 3 larger than it's up value (like x,4,y,1) and it will flip your really good card. Dang, I have I feeling this is going to seem confusing. I suggest you draw a picture or just look in the tutorial on cards.
    Last edited by Auronhart; 12-07-2004 at 11:52 PM.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.