Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10202425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: FFX-2 Riddles

I'd give my reasoning for thinking it had to do with the "Cave of Apparitions," but it would take too long. Now, I kinda think it's Wakka (or the White Mage Dress Sphere). Again, I'm too lazy to explain my reasoning.
    Sigless

Quote Originally Posted by masamune1600
    Here's a translation of the riddle:

Naïve one can be eschewing assist for others,
    in one’s darnedest to consummate.
    Abounding enterprises most multitudinous hath been descried barely,
    a contention unobserved…one contention unasked before tis inordinately late.

Scene most unforgettable from thy remembrance,
    Recollection of perplexing perturbation.
    Yarn once before hath been rekindled again,
    Tis time to gain entrée – a place resemblant of tempest.

By a deserted entity’s inkling thine shalt be lithe from thy course,
    peregrinate back unto domicile afresh.
    Custodians aloof contravening ancestry of their own,
    Heroines shalt be paramount in the expectancy of those necessitous.

With Decalogue essential - an integer maintain,
    Discounting the entirety of partitions within an undisguised cryptogram.
    Resolving mine wringer is nigh upon culmination,
    Isolating only penultimate and singular question.

From integer attained through stanza upon this,
    Related to a subject so deeply elucidated.
    “venue upon the targeted one is tenacious, be?”
    “unique appellation accustomed to this powerful being?”

Unfortunately, I don't feel like bolding and italicizing after that translational effort. I will note that two letters needed no translation, since they had an umlaut and an accent, respectively.

As to an interpretation--first, Decalogue should be assumed to refer to the Ten Commandments. In any case, Deca- should be indicative of ten.
    Because of the phrase "an integer maintain," I'm going to assume the number ten is important to the riddle. The riddle, since it is written in Al Bhed, is itself a cryprogram. If that's the case, the second line of the fourth stanza seems to suggest that I shouldn't separate the riddle by stanza. However, since you previously said to take each stanza as it comes, I'm going to ignore my reasoning there. Still, the number ten is somehow critical.

The question that I need to next address, then, is what subject is "deeply elucidated." This, I assume, would involve the first three stanzas, which seem almost impossible to accurately interpret.

A surface reading of the first stanza would seem to have something to do with Brother, but somehow I don't think that's the case. Without going into detail, I think for obscure reasons that there might be a reference to Rin.

My initial reading of the second stanza made me recall the Macalania scene in FFX between Tidus and Yuna, while the second part of the stanza has me thinking Farplane. I'm going to continue thinking Farplane.

The third stanza, as I see it, refers to travelling back to Besaid. The custodians are Wakka and Lulu.

And how does this all tie together? I don't know. I haven't yet considered the italicized and bolded segments, but it doesn't help much. The italicized part can be altered slightly to read "In the heart it gathers its strength", but that doesn't really help. The bold letters begin "I'd like", but after that lose any semblance of lucidity. I can form "I'd like to repent" with the bold, leaving u, o, r, e, and u, which doesn't seem to help.

So where does this leave me? I don't know. I'll say the targeted one is Spira and the powerful being Shuyin, which don't seem at all correct, since they're not very obscure. Maybe I'll try again later.
    verey disturbing.where do you think he came up with that one?and how long?

*HUGS* TOTAL!
    give lulusgirl more *HUGS*

Get hugs of your own

Emily, Dark Goddess, and I Don't Need A Name are my best friends I could ever wish for.

Ultimately Ultimate!!!!!! Ultimate99997's Avatar

Hmmmmmmm....not yet correct masamune1600, but i thank you for your thoughts so far...

I can say that you are correct with you interpretation on the decalogue
    I can also say that your cryptogram explaation is also correct
    You've got the right kind of idea for stanza three but I would say that you should take a different approach.
    Verse 1 interpretations are not correct...

and as for me saying that you should take each stanza as it comes....I kind of meant that you should try to translate each stanza one by one - i didn't say that they weren't related and shouldn't be combined to find the 2 answers.

On one last note......for some reasons - your bold and italic letter assumptions are incorrect for some reason............italic letter translation is nearly perfect apart from the word 'heart'
    as for the bolds.........they do easily display another message which you haven't compiled properly. Maybe the formatted letters are a bit hard to spot.....I'd try converting the forum skin to fluffy pink (that will make them more obvious).

Please also note that if you are readin the riddle from Red XIII quote...there are a few errors which were fixed and then edited on the originl post of mine.
    sig in development

Alright, the italicized letters should form the phrase "In the earth it gathers its strength." That should have been immediately obvious.

I had previously missed an "s" when deciphering the bolded text, which makes that messages clearer. Still, I feel like I'm missing something. Right now, it reads "I'd like out o represent u." Or, alternatively, "I'd like out ore present u." I strongly suspect this is still wrong.

Okay, as to the actual riddle:

I think the first stanza might refer to Wakka. The second stanza might refer to the cave on Besaid Island, although I have no confidence in this assertion. My previous guess on the third stanza stands.

If this is the case, I'm going to guess that the targeted one is simply a member of the Gullwings, and that the powerful being is the Flame Dragon. Still probably wrong, but progress is being made, I guess.

Progress has been made on the italic letters - you now have the correct sentence
    As for the bold - you are still wrong and have missed out two letters as far as I can see...your very close though.

as for the actual riddle..........both assumptions are incorrect and so are the answers.

think about what the last two lines are actually asking for.
    sig in development

I found another bold letter by going back to your original post and checking for changes. My bold sentence now reads "I'd like out o represent us." Apparently, I need one more letter. I'm going to guess that I'm somehow missing a "t", so that it should read "I'd like to represent us."

With that in mind, I'll yet again attempt to interpret the riddle.

This time, I'll first examine the two actual questions. “venue upon the targeted one is tenacious, be?” revolves aound the definition of venue. The more common meaning today is a location or scene of an event, although I had previously been using another definition, that of an attack. By the more common meaning, this question seems to be asking for a "tough" location, wherein the targeted one is at the moment. By the other meaning, it seems to only ask for yes or no: is the attack on the targeted one tenacious?

The second question reads “unique appellation accustomed to this powerful being?”. This would seem to suggest that the powerful being spoken of is used to some sort of appeal. I'm not quite sure from the grammatical structure if the question is asking about the appeal or the being, but I'll assume as I have previously that it is asking for the being.

Without even looking to the first three stanzas, I'll right now examine what I'm sure of or close to sure of. The number ten is somehow involved. The italic phrase reads "In the earth it gathers its strength." The bold phrase might possibly read "I'd like out to represent us."

The us implies that there is more than one of something. I'll, for this attempt, therefore associate this now-collective speaker with the number ten. So, something wants to represent a group of ten.

From the italicized phrase, I also know that there is something of significance within the earth itself.

And, of course, I turn to the stanzas only to be frustrated by too-challenging ambiguity.

I think there's a possibility, though I doubt it, that the first question refers to Besaid Temple, and the second question to Beclem. That's the best I can do for now.

Hmmmmmmm - you've refined the formatted letters somewhat - but your interpretation of them is wrong.
    italics are fine - but think about what it is saying.....it has look connections with the riddle simply to point you in the right direction towards where you will find the answer (dont actually take it as something that specifically pointing out the answer)

the same can be said for the bold - but I can say that you were incorrect in adding a missing t. If you don't get it in your next attempt then I'll reveal the bolds. However....forget the 't' and look back again, I'm still positive that you've missed one letter and that should seperate the letters in the middle slightly to see if you can put them back together in a different form.

Your interpretation of the first question is very near but still slightly off, take the the line as a question which has been rearranged like, perhaps yoda would say it. It's not a yes or no answer.

As for the second question - perfectly correct!

try not to combine the formatted letters with part of the main riddle - it will just lead you in the wrong direction (think of them as ways to point you in the right direction)

your actual answers are incorrect unfortunately, but keep up the good work.
    sig in development

Eh, perhaps the place is where Chappu fought?
    Sigless

nope
    sig in development

Okay, one last attempt at the bold script. Unfortunately, I can't find anymore bold letters in the riddle. However, I'm fairly sure I'm only missing one, so I'll hopefully be able to infer just what I'm missing.

Alright, what I've found has not changed since my last post here: it literally reads "Id like out o represent us." I'm missing one letter, and it would not change "o" to "to". Therefore, I'm going to guess that the bold message should actually read: "I'd like you to represent us." (I added a "y" and split the word "out"). This seems consistent with the advice given; I just can't seem to locate that mysterious letter.

Assuming this is correct, the supplementary phrases read "I'd like you to represent us" and "In the earth it gathers its strength".

Without going into detail, I'm guessing the powerful being is either Machina Panzer or Anything Eater, and the location is the respective hidden dungeon in the Thunder Plains or at the back of the chocobo stables. That's all I have this time around.

you've got the bold letters right now but your interpretation of them is incorrect...........let's just say that both the italic sentence and the bold sentence are referring to the same (well let's say) SITUATION!
    sig in development

Well, it's been a little while since I last attempted this riddle, so hopefully I'll have some fresh perspective (probably not, though).

My guesses here will be the Thunder Plains and Zalamander. I'm not going to launch into a long explanation, but suffice it to say that this is where my interpretation led this time around.

Is it the Mission: Infiltrate Bevelle? I know there have been guesses based around that, but it's still slightly different.
    Sigless

sorry, nobody is near yet!
    sig in development